• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you think?

justmac32

Hey guys, almost finished with the website. There are a few changes that still need to be made, namely the Multiple Picture mod.

Give me the goods, is it hot or not?

www.AthenaDesigns.biz

Hey guys, almost finished with the website. There are a few changes that still need to be made, namely the Multiple Picture mod.

www.AthenaDesigns.biz

Read the rules at the top of this page.

You don't have the "Powered by osCommerce" text on the site, so you don't qualify for community feedback until that criteria is met.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

You don't have the "Powered by osCommerce" text on the site, so you don't qualify for community feedback until that criteria is met.

Ah...I see, did not realize that having the osCommerce banner did not count...my apologies.

I removed the banner and now have added the "Powered by osCommerce" text linking to the osCommerce.com site. Have no issues giving all credit to this BA OS Platform.

Please provide feedback to site. Thanks.

It's hot,

I like that background.

I'm not sure the banner links; 10% Off, specials, new products and elements, should be opening a new window feels like going off site.

It's hot,

I like that background.

I'm not sure the banner links; 10% Off, specials, new products and elements, should be opening a new window feels like going off site.

Thanks for the comment. Good call-out, I agree about the banner links opening a new window. I'll try and figure that one out, sounds easy enough.

Your site looks good - well done!

If I had to be picky, I'd say add rollover behavior in your CSS, and maybe have the background image less compressed.

Additionally, as a store, your products look nice and very reasonably priced.

Your site looks good - well done!

If I had to be picky, I'd say add rollover behavior in your CSS, and maybe have the background image less compressed.

Additionally, as a store, your products look nice and very reasonably priced.

Thank you for your comments. I think the roll-over is a good suggestion, I will try it out and see how it looks, will probably help add some dimension when scrolling. Thanks for the personal comments as well, we hope to do great business off of this site.

Sure is, it started as a furniture store template.

Hmm but I figure template monster... for upgrading and installing modules like STS, or Mass Upload products... its not possible to include these modules in with their setup... and there are bugs?

Ive just been trying to redesign using OS Commerce.. it looks pretty much the same.. format.... not so appealing though..

http://www.artshoe.com.sg/index.php

Wonder how they design so nice...like yours..

Sure is, it started as a furniture store template.

Hmm but I figure template monster... for upgrading and installing modules like STS, or Mass Upload products... its not possible to include these in.. and they have bugs?

Ive just been trying to redesign using OS Commerce.. it looks pretty much the same.. format.... not so appealing though..

Hmm but I figure template monster... for upgrading and installing modules like STS, or Mass Upload products... its not possible to include these in.. and they have bugs?

I actually like you website...the way it is simple format and colors...many people like the simple look. Sometimes you can overdo style like I was afraid mine was. Cool products on your site by the way, kids here love that stuff.

I can do STS and mass import of products. The only things that have changed are mainly the style sheets. This allows full integration of any of the contributions.

Oh...as far as bugs, I did have some, but most were due to the osCommerce module being older and were covered by the contributions. I would refer them to anyone, they designs great templates. Very excellent for small business owners with little budget to compete with larger nicer websites.

Germ - Now that I have the powered by osCommerce on the site, how do you feel about the look, feel and overall functionality of the site?

• 4 weeks later...

Looks nice!

As someone mentioned the banners should open in the same window.. (You can fix that in includes/functions/banner.php)

The small arrow images in product info/product listing , should have a background matching your site instead of white background as they do now.

For a change its nice to see a non standard looking oscommerce store. Well done.

I hate to say it but as its a template it sould be good. Everyone else seems to be making comments about the links at the bottom of your store. Just to add my bit, would they not look better in the middle instead of being jammed over to both sides.

I did look, but couldnt find the contact details for your company. Personally i never buy from a store if there are no contact details, and i know that others feel the same.

I finf that the brown text on a black background is not the easiest to read. But that might just be me.

Apart from that i do like your store and wish you every success.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

To me the black is too harsh, also text is difficult to read on the black background.

I just saw via the oscommerce.nl forum elucci.nl site which has a much more lighter design which I prefer more.

It is a matter of personal opinion and target audience ...

Title tag for prodocts_new seems to be missing

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

The URL you tried to load:

www.athenadesigns.biz

Phishing Site Blocked

The above message shows on Firefox

Interesting...I have Firefox as well but I don't have the same error. Any ideas on what may be happening? Maybe a high security level?

I did have an ebay phishing spider hit me 1-2 weeks ago, but that has since been cleaned and security patched up.

Have any more details? Thanks so much for the info!

For a change its nice to see a non standard looking oscommerce store. Well done.

I hate to say it but as its a template it sould be good. Everyone else seems to be making comments about the links at the bottom of your store. Just to add my bit, would they not look better in the middle instead of being jammed over to both sides.

I did look, but couldnt find the contact details for your company. Personally i never buy from a store if there are no contact details, and i know that others feel the same.

I finf that the brown text on a black background is not the easiest to read. But that might just be me.

Apart from that i do like your store and wish you every success.

Thanks for the feedback. I am working on the links now, thanks for the suggestion as I may do what you indicated. As far as the contact, I probably need to add that under the Contact Us section...I wouldn't normally buy either without.

Thanks again.

To me the black is too harsh, also text is difficult to read on the black background.

I just saw via the oscommerce.nl forum elucci.nl site which has a much more lighter design which I prefer more.

It is a matter of personal opinion and target audience ...

Title tag for prodocts_new seems to be missing

That site does have a very nice background. I may consider changing, good suggestion. Personal opinions matter, it is more of a female site and my wife decided the colors. I think I may add those questions into survey monkey and send it to customer base.

I agree with the text color...I am going to fix that this weekend.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

www.AthenaDesigns.biz

Mostly like what you did but I have to say that the color choices for your related products / categories is jarringly different than the rest of the site and does not fit the overall look and feel.

Roy

Archived