• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can't open admin and access my URL

ogwinilo

After installing security add ons, this is the message I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/herbal/admin/includes/filenames.php on line 58

Prior to that, immediately after reinstalling oScommerce into a new directory, I couldn't open the default site and the admin, but got the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'woiqqwab_osc2'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/herbal/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What could be the problem and the solution.

Thanks in advance for the help

Felix,

Check filenames.php to ensure the entry on line 58 looks similar to this:

define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php'); <~notice the semi-colon

As far as the database.php, I am unsure.......but can only suggest you check the database password to make sure its correct.

Chris

as chris says on the filenames possibly, the database cant open as its pointing to the wrong place?

check the configure.php in admin/includes file in the new admin directory and change the /admin/ to the new directory name and that maywell solve your problems.

it looks like from your error messages that your configue.php file is still pointing to admin rather than your admins new name.

ie. if your admin directory was now called pigs, all the admin labelled things in the configure file need to be changed to read pigs.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

as chris says on the filenames possibly, the database cant open as its pointing to the wrong place?

check the configure.php in admin/includes file in the new admin directory and change the /admin/ to the new directory name and that maywell solve your problems.

it looks like from your error messages that your configue.php file is still pointing to admin rather than your admins new name.

ie. if your admin directory was now called pigs, all the admin labelled things in the configure file need to be changed to read pigs.

Thanks for your suggestions, will be working on them and will come back with feedback

Felix

• 2 weeks later...

Archived