• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

having problems setting up USPS module

Omegagodly

i have the module installed and i created an account on the USPS website, the site though had a different URL than the one specified in the module options but im sure its the correct one it was:

https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/

anyways, i created the account and put in my information on the module and i get an error reading:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

i was wondering what could have caused this? is there a setting im missing or something in the module or do i have to set something up i am not yet doing?

I had the same problem. You have register on USPS Web Tools first. Then they send you an email with the Username and Password they assign to you. These two items are input into your website where you set up your shipping information for USPS. Then I called them because I did not understand how to manage the test sequence, and they just activiated my account once I gave them the assigned username. I had to hold for 45 minutes. After I did that, all the shipping options came up, but my shopping cart would always choose Express. I have sent an email to find out why I choose regular mail, it down loads Express which is a lot more expensive. I emailed them this time at [email protected] the phone number is 1-800=344-7779. Good luck

i have the module installed and i created an account on the USPS website, the site though had a different URL than the one specified in the module options but im sure its the correct one it was:

https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/

anyways, i created the account and put in my information on the module and i get an error reading:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

i was wondering what could have caused this? is there a setting im missing or something in the module or do i have to set something up i am not yet doing?

Debbie Caterson

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your reply, i called them, and to my dismay i also waited that long. lol. but sadly that didnt fix the problem... they switched me over to production, but i still get the message. i emailed them, but still cannot figure out the cause of the problem.

thanks for your reply, i called them, and to my dismay i also waited that long. lol. but sadly that didnt fix the problem... they switched me over to production, but i still get the message. i emailed them, but still cannot figure out the cause of the problem.

Wow I called about the same issue today they tell me its OS....I wonder wy no one will reply to this with a helpful answer/resolve?

I appreciate your help!!

Wow I called about the same issue today they tell me its OS....I wonder wy no one will reply to this with a helpful answer/resolve?

If the USPS has your production server enable, and you've put in the user name and password they gave you, and you've set your server to production, the next thing to do is to check your Web server's error logs.

i reinstalled a usps module, this one to be exact

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7073

i get to the edit tab after i installed the module and ill get this error message at the top..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/pickyou1/public_html/catalog/blade/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

even though i get that message, i can still change the options inside the module, i inputed everything, and i selected only priority to show as a shipping option, as that is the only one i want as an option. i then get this at checkout..

-2147219498 - Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender.

im guessing im getting close to getting the kinks worked out besides these two errors, there is nothing in the error log on my server, so this is what i tried next. any suggestions?

i reinstalled a usps module, this one to be exact

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7073

i get to the edit tab after i installed the module and ill get this error message at the top..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/pickyou1/public_html/catalog/blade/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

even though i get that message, i can still change the options inside the module, i inputed everything, and i selected only priority to show as a shipping option, as that is the only one i want as an option. i then get this at checkout..

-2147219498 - Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender.

im guessing im getting close to getting the kinks worked out besides these two errors, there is nothing in the error log on my server, so this is what i tried next. any suggestions?

I guess what's perplexing is everything was working fine, the fedex module which needs a meter ID # which I have no

clue how to get was added. After that usps never worked again.

I appreciate your help!!

If the USPS has your production server enable, and you've put in the user name and password they gave you, and you've set your server to production, the next thing to do is to check your Web server's error logs.

Everything worked fine until fedex module was added.

I appreciate your help!!

Everything worked fine until fedex module was added.

Don't base much of your experience on what's happening today - the USPS server appears to be acting up. I didn't change anything and it stopped sending rates or took a really long time to deliver one.