• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding another "model number" field to products

Nathali

Hi..

I would like to add another field in my Database to my products that is name will be "supplier code" (25 chars) , that would hold my supplier "item numbers" and to modify Easypopulate to download/upload also the "supplier code"

Is it complicated todo ??

Could someone help me to do that?

Best Regards & happy new year,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Try product extra fields

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try product extra fields

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

What I need is much simple..

I need to add a field that will not appear on the product info or in other place on my site.

It should be additional model number called "supplier_model_number" (25chars) which will hold my "supplier model number" (I have my own model number on my site right? but I have also my supplier_model_number right? )

It needs to be collected or updated by Easypopulate contrib. so I will be able to change/modify that static value on the downloaded excel file by EP. It will help me in my work since I will be able to collect prices much easier from my supplier excel price sheet.

Hope you understand me much better, and could help me..

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

Nathali

Nathali,

Modifications are needed in the admin (product creation), catalog (product info) and Database, then if you want to use EP to add that data, you would need to modify EP as well.

Chris

If I read her right, she is wanting an extra field to appear on the admin side only. Same as me, but I have not yet looked for a solution. Usually, given enough patience, a solution usually presents itself here, usually without warning...

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

If I read her right, she is wanting an extra field to appear on the admin side only. Same as me, but I have not yet looked for a solution. Usually, given enough patience, a solution usually presents itself here, usually without warning...

Yes right!

Yes only at the admin. side.

That's mean:

1. To be able to enter this another "Supplier_model" input when I am adding a NEW product!

2. To be able to modify/insert the "supplier_model" by EasyPopulate!

That's it!

I am quite sure that a solution to that issue will help a lot of OSCommerce users to modify/update their Excel sheets products prices much much easier!

Even That, without explaining, lot of oscommerce users will understand this benefit, I will explain to those users that don't.

Most of the users use their own "Model number" for their OSCommerce shop, since they afraid that, if they use their supplier "model number" a lot of other competitors that buy from that supplier as well will be able to trace their activity easily! how much the sell those products, also potential customers will be able to google and see the lower price from that vendor. Beside that, no store owner likes to expose his source right?! like me :)

By adding this "supplier_model_number" to your Oscommerce store, you will be able to download by EP your products prices list, open your supplier Excel prices list, and with a simple MACRO to Compare the "supplier model number" and copy the prices to your excel prices sheet! :D

Thank for the attention!

Will be glad to hear that some of you agree with me.. :thumbsup:

Happy new year to all of you,

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Nathali

Archived