• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal Error!

uwearusa

I have been using Order Editor with no problems. I added the Manual Order Maker yesterday and it operates correctly to a degree.

When I click on Orders in the Admin, Customers/Orders menu, or if I click on "back" or "details" in the Manual Order Maker, I get the following error message...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/.../includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/.../includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

Anyone have any ideas?

I am using oscommerce v2.2rc2 and manual order maker 1.5.7.

When I installed the Manual Order Maker, it requires to run the following SQL statement, not sure if this has anything to do with it or not?...

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `customer_service_id` VARCHAR( 15 ) NULL ;

This is what it doesn't like...

// Recursively handle magic_quotes_gpc turned off.
// This is due to the possibility of have an array in
// $HTTP_xxx_VARS
// Ie, products attributes
 function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
   if (!is_array($ar)) return false;

reset($ar);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
     if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
       do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
     } else {
       $ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
     }
   }
   reset($ar);
 }

Edited by uwearusa

Chris - the error is telling you all the information that you need...

You have declared the same function twice.

Remove one of them from the file named in the error message.

OKAY, but how do I do that? Sorry, I am not very proficient with php.

You need to remove this: do_magic_quotes_gpc() from either line 18 or line 30. You have it twice in the same file /home/.../includes/functions/compatibility.php

Thanks Lyons but that doesnt do anything but cause another different type of Fatal Error in functions.php.

The funny thing is, it only occured after installing Manual Order Maker. I have tried to contact lildog who seems to be the person on that mod, but he will not contact me back. I probably need to remove the Manual Order Maker installation, because I am seriously doubting this boards ability or desire to help its users. No offense Lyons or burt.

Is there another really good reliable mod for making orders manually?

Burt, I am sorry you are offended, however when that code is changed or removed in any way, it crashes the admin with multiple Fatal Errors. The only way I have been able to fix the problem is remove the Manual Order Maker. The funny thing is, Manual Order Maker makes no changes to that file.

Again, I am sorry you feel that way, but the two suggestions thus far are not enough to resolve the issue. For the time being, I have removed the Manual Order Maker completely.

No need to be a jerk, if what you suggest doesn't work, then I and everyone else in this forum, have the right to ask for more help.

Are you kidding me? Two users have told you EXACTLY what to do, and yet here you are breaking forum rules, wanting help from other users (remember that as users we have the same rights and responsibilities as you!!!)

You should expect to NOT receive a reply at all - if you do get someone reply, thank them for giving you a clue, don't tell them that they are useless.