• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No order email rec'd if customer doesn't return to merchant

catalano

Hi All, I've seen this problem discussed a few times, but I haven't seen a definitive answer. My problem occurs when a customer makes a purchase and selects paypal as the payment method, then pays without signing in to their paypal account. Obviously when this process is followed paypal generates a 'return to merchant' button. If the customer does not click that button, the store will never send an email to the store owner or to the customer. If they do sign in to their account we have paypal set up to automatically redirect back to the store, so that works fine and generates an order email. Is there any way to get the order emails generated if the customer does not return to the store? I've seen reference to using this: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679 , but I'm not really sure if this is the solution.

I would imagine that this is a fairly common scenario, but I just can't find the way to make it work. BTW using OSC v2.2 RC2a with the Paypal Websites Payment Standard that comes configured with OSC.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Paypal Websites Payment Standard.

If this is the module You are using and then You are getting issues the reason is either IPN not reaching or if reaching are being considered as hack.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.