• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Sid Killer v1.2

greree

On the cheap, I recommend the $9 ChainedSSL from freessl.com. I almost literally have a way place in my high for this high value, low cost cert. :D

Crap. They keep messing with their prices! The first one I got was $15, then I paid $9 a couple weeks ago. Now it's $29. Who knows what it'll be next week. Still a good deal at $29, but encroaching on the area of InstantSSL.

Freessl's free cert isn't necessarily evil, either. For free, you get pretty good IE 5.01 + and netscape compatability. No opera, I think. Hardly perfect, but well worth the $0!

I also highly recommend you make your secure URL something like:

https://secure.store.com

instead of www.store.com

That gives another cue to the potential buyer that you are secure. It's not so easy to see that little lock. It is easy to know it's secure when it says secure in the url, and you give a number of other cues.

It's also nice to picture the lock on your order page, and tell folks clearly that "This page is 100% secure", much like fragracenet.com does on their homepage.

All these cues add up to more comleted orders, and more money for you.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have used the sid killer contribution after a rather brutal (microsoft) bot was on my site, everything was well until today. All I get (on default.php) is hundreds of lines saying the same thing -

Warning:  Empty delimiter in /usr/local/home/httpd/vhtdocs/mysite.com/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 75

Line 74 on:

foreach($spiders as $Val) { 

if (!(strpos($Val, $useragent) === false)) { 

// found a spider, kill the sid/sess 

// Edit out one of these as necessary depending upon your version of html_output.php 

// $sess = NULL; 

// $sid = NULL; 

break; 

} 

}

I rebooted the server with no luck and the only solution I can find is to replace html_output.php with the original which does not include the killer.

Unlike tedmcdonald (see above) his problem is in the error_log files, mine is on the home page and the site was unusable!!

Any idea why suddenly the sid killer is causing the problem :?:

Penge

• 2 years later...
I am having trouble with this too. I am going to have to delete it for the time being. Does anyone know if I can leave the "change buy it now links to forms" module while the kinks are being worked out of the sidkiller?

Thanks!

Mark

Hi

I have sucessfully installed the sid_killer on 6 sites without problems but one that had autologin installed gave me real problems so I had to take it off. However I have left the buy it now links as forms without a problem. This at least stops the bots/spiders from adding items to the cart.