• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Pro UK with 3D Secure

johnnybebad

finally got a freelancer to get this to work with my site, took a while troubleshooting to eliminate the problems.

I would like to know though how to not store the card details, ie the card number expiry etc or to at least limit the card number to the last four digits only.

have to admit think I have done all my mods for some time to come now.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay maybe I havent paypal have contacted me regarding rp_ipn.php not working, now thats because there wasnt an rp_ipn file included in the module, othern than that the thing is working.

Paypal have threated to deactivate ipns on my account.

Can anyone help i have done some searching and can only find others complaing about this missing file, but can not find it anywhere.#

Thanks for everyones help

Hi please help, I do not understand anything about ipn files, hoe to create them or otherwise.

I have looked on the paypal development forum and basically looks like I need to create a file that uses all the different settings for the recurring payments etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

@johnnybebad - we have released a new build of the PayPal module which includes the rp_ipn.php. Apologies for the delay while this was tested.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7184

Regards,

Anthony.

Hi please help, I do not understand anything about ipn files, hoe to create them or otherwise.

I have looked on the paypal development forum and basically looks like I need to create a file that uses all the different settings for the recurring payments etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Nile, please log a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts - this could be any number of things from you not having a Pro account, to not completing sign up with Cardinal or using the wrong PayPal module in osCommerce.

Hi,

I'm trying now to install a new and clean oscommerce version 2.2rc2a and using the module "PayPal Website Payments Pro Direct Payments" and using the link the goodanswers post in this forum (https://paypal.cardinalcommerce.com/maps/txns.asp) also live mode but I'm getting this error:

You do not have permissions to make this API call

Does any one know what is this error, how can I fix?

Thanks.

@matthell we acknowledge that heavily customised stores can have difficulty in installing the module if the only required feature is 3D Secure (the osCommerce module framework doesn't make these things easy!). We are shortly going to release a 'lite' version of the module which only includes the 3D Secure component which will minimise the amount of rework required to incorporate the module. I will update the thread when this has passed testing and available for downloading.

Regards,

Anthony

PayPal UK

Its not that we even need hold my hand instructions though as you say 'Go Compare' is simply unnacceptable for a company of Paypals size. Its that the module they have released is not communicating with Cardinal correctly.

At least we are not alone - its the same story with Zen Cart.

After the cut off Maestro Payments will cease to process through the Paypal module - hopefully everything else wont melt down as well!

My look into another payment processor led me to Nochex but they don't do rolling reserves ... oh no they take the first £1000 (or more) that you make through them and keep it as a reserve. Plus points though no monthly fee and lower transaction rate than Paypal but another neg is that there is no virtual terminal and you are limited as to how much your customers can put through in 1 transaction.

We might set up with them for Maestro Payments since there is no monthly but then we will loose our first £1000 of sales. This might be a work around for some of you out there as well. Depends on how your finances are flowing and if you can take the £1000 hit.

@nile the new PayPal module has not been tested on MS2, we only support the current release of osCommerce. Cardinal Commerce can assist with your integration of the module into MS2.

Hello,

Can this module work for version 2.2-MS2?

I'm using this version from 3 years ago with a lot of customizations and modules, and I need to use this module as soon as possible.

What should I do?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a new store and have recently implemented PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro (Official Payment Module) (Build 180a).

3D secure works fine Visa & Mastercard but when I try Maestro I'm gettin an error of

"Transaction is not compliant due to missing or invalid 3D-secure authentication values"

Is anybody else having this problem?

I've also logged a call with Cardinal but they haven't come up with a sloution yet.

Thanks.

Matt.

Hi,

I have a new store and have recently implemented PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro (Official Payment Module) (Build 180a).

3D secure works fine Visa & Mastercard but when I try Maestro I'm gettin an error of

"Transaction is not compliant due to missing or invalid 3D-secure authentication values"

Is anybody else having this problem?

I've also logged a call with Cardinal but they haven't come up with a sloution yet.

Thanks.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I will take a look at this, but can you please clarify on a few points for me:

1) When you say that it "works" for Visa and Mastercard, is that for cards that are both ENROLLED (i.e. you do the redirect to the popup) and NOT ENROLLED?

2) When you get the error for Maestro, again, is that for an ENROLLED or NOT ENROLLED card?

Thanks,

Tin

Hi Matt,

I will take a look at this, but can you please clarify on a few points for me:

1) When you say that it "works" for Visa and Mastercard, is that for cards that are both ENROLLED (i.e. you do the redirect to the popup) and NOT ENROLLED?

2) When you get the error for Maestro, again, is that for an ENROLLED or NOT ENROLLED card?

Thanks,

Tin

Hi Tin,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I tested 3d secure for both enrolled and not enrolled Visa and MasterCard cards successfully.

With the cards that were not enrolled 3d secure went though the enrolment process and completed successfully.

The Maestro card that I used to test was an enrolled card but also has the Solo logo on it.

This card has been used on other sites that also use 3d secure and has processed successfully when selecting Maestro or Solo.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi Tin,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I tested 3d secure for both enrolled and not enrolled Visa and MasterCard cards successfully.

With the cards that were not enrolled 3d secure went though the enrolment process and completed successfully.

The Maestro card that I used to test was an enrolled card but also has the Solo logo on it.

This card has been used on other sites that also use 3d secure and has processed successfully when selecting Maestro or Solo.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Apologies for the delayed response, and thank you for the additional information.

Your issue is known, and we are currently working on an urgent update to the module.

Also, just for general knowledge, "Solo" is separate to "Maestro"/"Switch", so the issue that you are experiencing is related to SOLO cards ONLY. Maestro/Switch cards should not be affected by the same issue.

Hopefully I will be in a position to upload a new module update soon - I will keep you posted.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks,

Tin

Hi, I've given up on this rubbish module from Paypal - it isn't worth the the stress and blood-pressure!!!

The Dynamic Effects module WORKS and ie VERY easy to install on a highly modded shop. It is reliable and very well supported on this forum. The authors reply almost immediately to tech enquiries too!!

See:- http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3647

If you do not specifically need repeat payments, I can see no reason to struggle with the official module.

Simon

Hi Matt,

Apologies for the delayed response, and thank you for the additional information.

Your issue is known, and we are currently working on an urgent update to the module.

Also, just for general knowledge, "Solo" is separate to "Maestro"/"Switch", so the issue that you are experiencing is related to SOLO cards ONLY. Maestro/Switch cards should not be affected by the same issue.

Hopefully I will be in a position to upload a new module update soon - I will keep you posted.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks,

Tin

Hi Tin,

I've managed to find someone with an Actual MAESTRO Card and tested this and its works fine.

Looks like the problem only occcurs when a customer uses a SOLO card that has a MAESTRO logo on the back and they choose MAESTRO instead of SOLO in the card options drop down list.

Thanks for your help,

Matt.

Hi Tin,

I've managed to find someone with an Actual MAESTRO Card and tested this and its works fine.

Looks like the problem only occcurs when a customer uses a SOLO card that has a MAESTRO logo on the back and they choose MAESTRO instead of SOLO in the card options drop down list.

Thanks for your help,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update.

Just to be clear - are you saying that the SOLO card is going fine, as long as it is selected as a "SOLO" card type?

Cheers,

Tin

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update.

Just to be clear - are you saying that the SOLO card is going fine, as long as it is selected as a "SOLO" card type?

Cheers,

Tin

Hi Tin,

Yes, that's exactly right.

Thanks,

Matt.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about using the coupon addon GV/DC?

I have been using this addon perfectly for years and have only just noticed that even though using the newish paypal 3dsecure it still all works fine and actually processes the correct total but on the actual 3d secure page it shows the original total before discount, this obviously stops customers finishing the transaction as they dont know it actually works.

Not really sure where to even start with this.

Any help would be great.

thanks