• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Pro UK with 3D Secure

johnnybebad

Do you have a Oscommerce 2.2.MS2 shop?

The way that I did it was to copy my 2.2 MS2 site to another hosting account and also on another hosting account install Oscommerce 2.2 RC 2a.

I then quickly installed the module from cardinalcommerce onto the 2.2 RC 2a as you only had to copy over and replace the new and updated files. I then installed the module within admin and entered all of the settings. Then tested it to make sure is was all working.

I then copied accross all new files from the cardinalcommerce add-on.

I then compared the relavant files with my 2.2 MS2 on the test site and made changes. I then tried to install the module but found that there were some needed extra fileds in some of the tables. Once these were added it installed and added further tables.

After this I started testing it by making some orders and found that error meesages told me there were a few missing files and functions. Slowly I corrected all of these and got it working. Also I had to change the code slightly on the shopping_cart.php file to make the express checkout show.

You can see why I had to do this on a test site first. Once it was all working both the direct paymant and express I copied the changes accross to the live site.

My site is so heavily modified that I am sure you will be better comparing with the cardinal commerce add-on files.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my site is pretty hevily modified.

its a fair point though to have a blank install and go from there Ican do that easy enough I guess. not sure it would help me 100%, but worth a try maybe in a bit.

I had corrected my dtabase tables from before when I got the errors.

the question is whether or not I have the code working.

The paypal works, 3d secure doesnt. The code is supposed to process cards via paypal and 3d secure verifies the card?

the question is how to test that iots working prioperly and do you have onepage checkout?

I will install a blan site in a few minutes, and see how that gets on.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I installed into an MS2 shop and it is working fine.

First, you have to have a Cardinal account, as mentioned.

Second, some of the code needs to be changed. The majority of the changes are in includes/classes.order.php. You may get away with replacing that file but will have to replace the $currencies->calculate_price line with tep_add_tax.

Third - if you have another paypal pro module installed, the code changes it made will probably have to be removed.

I should mention too that I don't understand the statement by the paypal rep where he said not to use the module posted by Johnny since the code appears to be identical.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

One of the things for those having trouble is to check that in the PayPal Direct module in admin the Transaction URL is set to

https://paypal.cardinalcommerce.com/maps/txns.asp

the default is set to a test server and this did not work for me but the above did

not sure why the URL does not show correctly the middle part is

paypal.cardinalcommerce.com

Edited by goodanswers

its a fair point though to have a blank install and go from there Ican do that easy enough I guess. not sure it would help me 100%, but worth a try maybe in a bit.

The paypal works, 3d secure doesnt. The code is supposed to process cards via paypal and 3d secure verifies the card?

the question is how to test that iots working prioperly and do you have onepage checkout?

No I do not have onepage checkout

If you are having problems with a new clean install then it could be you are not using a live PayPal Pro account and live Transaction URL?

If you are having problems with a new clean install then it could be you are not using a live PayPal Pro account and live Transaction URL?

If you are having problems with a new clean install then it could be you are not using a live PayPal Pro account and live Transaction URL as I found that it was very quick and easy on a clean 2.2 RC 2a.

If you are having problems with a new clean install then it could be you are not using a live PayPal Pro account and live Transaction URL as I found that it was very quick and easy on a clean 2.2 RC 2a.

okay, lets break this down.

My problem is with passing the correct information to cardinal:-

Error: All payment information fields are required. via one page checkout

this relates to the onepage checkout?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when switching to the normal checkout process order is processed but still not doing a 3d check.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if I can get the normal checkout process top work then I have a chance at getting the one page checkout to work?

what settings should I have in paypal and in cardinal to get 3d secure confirmation being the normal process?

Thanks

for the record I do have an account

Edited by johnnybebad

okay, lets break this down.

My problem is with passing the correct information to cardinal:-

Error: All payment information fields are required. via one page checkout

this relates to the onepage checkout?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when switching to the normal checkout process order is processed but still not doing a 3d check.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if I can get the normal checkout process top work then I have a chance at getting the one page checkout to work?

what settings should I have in paypal and in cardinal to get 3d secure confirmation being the normal process?

Thanks

for the record I do have an account

I am missing something simply I know I am but havent a clue what. I have posted this as a project on freelancer.com if anyone wishes to bid on the project.

maybe everything will clickm into place this weekend, fingers crossed.

I am missing something simply I know I am but havent a clue what. I have posted this as a project on freelancer.com if anyone wishes to bid on the project.

maybe everything will clickm into place this weekend, fingers crossed.

I'd love to bid on it but I am still stuck with the CRELoaded one I am trying to convert - I have a post at x.com regarding the fact that I managed to run a number of transactions through 3D secure, the money leaves my bank account, gets to the store owner's PayPal account but PayPal returns a 15005 (declined by bank) error to the CREloaded store - the store owner is going to raise a ticket with PayPal on this (only happens with a Barclays Debit Card - all other live cards go through fine - I think maybe it's some sort of PayPal fraud thing even though the store owner thinks he has only the default settings in his account).

But I digress - as per my earlier post, I got this module working on a vanilla osC RC2.2 after commenting out line 69 // $payment_modules->update_status();

in checkout_process not yet been back to see where that should be reinserted as I only wanted to get the thing running

To get it working in CRE was trickier but, once the code was in I was not getting the 3D - however I found that I had not properly coded checkout_confirmation.php so you may find that there's no 3D due to something in there.

Once the 3D was 'up' then I use Firefox and HttpFox to check what's going where - also cut into the code in includes/modules/payment/paypal_direct.php to echo the $post_string (albeit that would be logged).

The built in log function works and is very useful - however I found that I had to set the complete server path in the module admin and not just /tmp/paypal_direct.log

Also in checkout_process I had to move

if(!class_exists('order_total')) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

}

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

Down to after the chunk of code that starts

/////////////////////

// 3d secure check here

/**

To get the 3D running (I think that's part of the code that gets shifted for CCGV but don't quote me on it)

perhaps some of the above ramblings may help

Graeme

Hi,

I'm trying now to install a new and clean oscommerce version 2.2rc2a and using the module "PayPal Website Payments Pro Direct Payments" and using the link the goodanswers post in this forum (https://paypal.cardinalcommerce.com/maps/txns.asp) also live mode but I'm getting this error:

You do not have permissions to make this API call

Does any one know what is this error, how can I fix?

Thanks.

I'd love to bid on it but I am still stuck with the CRELoaded one I am trying to convert - I have a post at x.com regarding the fact that I managed to run a number of transactions through 3D secure, the money leaves my bank account, gets to the store owner's PayPal account but PayPal returns a 15005 (declined by bank) error to the CREloaded store - the store owner is going to raise a ticket with PayPal on this (only happens with a Barclays Debit Card - all other live cards go through fine - I think maybe it's some sort of PayPal fraud thing even though the store owner thinks he has only the default settings in his account).

But I digress - as per my earlier post, I got this module working on a vanilla osC RC2.2 after commenting out line 69 // $payment_modules->update_status();

in checkout_process not yet been back to see where that should be reinserted as I only wanted to get the thing running

To get it working in CRE was trickier but, once the code was in I was not getting the 3D - however I found that I had not properly coded checkout_confirmation.php so you may find that there's no 3D due to something in there.

Once the 3D was 'up' then I use Firefox and HttpFox to check what's going where - also cut into the code in includes/modules/payment/paypal_direct.php to echo the $post_string (albeit that would be logged).

The built in log function works and is very useful - however I found that I had to set the complete server path in the module admin and not just /tmp/paypal_direct.log

Also in checkout_process I had to move

if(!class_exists('order_total')) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

}

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

Down to after the chunk of code that starts

/////////////////////

// 3d secure check here

/**

To get the 3D running (I think that's part of the code that gets shifted for CCGV but don't quote me on it)

perhaps some of the above ramblings may help

Graeme

that a least gives me somewhere to look, guiven the quotes so far I may find someone to help, I understand cardinal are releasing an update soon though.

Thanks

okay, looks like my checkout process file is a bit to cock at the minute, so I will look at this.

also I cant find the error log, so doding something wrong there also.

Thanks for your help I can see me investigating this further, might have to wait till the weekend as chocca block with everything else at the minute.

they say no rest for the wicked, then the devil must be a saint compared to be at the minute...lol

okay,

looks like I am getting somewhere at least now, have a few things to do, but have had it show the display for the authourisation code even if the page wasnt exactly right for sts template so will see if I can sort that out first.

this is using the normal ckout procedure rather than one page checkout but its a start at least.

getting all excited again..lol

okay I have a few display issues, and the system hangs at checkout process and doesnt go back to the website.

the paynment is taken and the the details show in paypal as authenticated.

1.so theres just a little bit left to do, find whats causing it to hang.

2.sort out the display in sts (header/info boxes) what is it supposed to look like on the suthenticate page?

3. get it to work in one page checkout.

Any help much appreciated.

I have in the checkout process url when its hanging the following

url:- yourdomain.com/checkout_process.php?osCsid=20479ad907104154eec77a0be36dbc11

reffering URL:- yourdomain.com/payer_auth_verifier.php??osCsid=20479ad907104154eec77a0be36dbc11&osCsid=20479ad907104154eec77a0be36dbc11

I have the session id twice, is that normal? if not where would I address the problem?

Thanks

Hi Johnny,

Have you tried Dynamo Effects Paypal Pro module? v1.0.8 was added 5 days ago and says it supports Cardinal 3D Secure !!

I'm always a little dubious about installing something so new, but the install file has really been well thought out and with the Paypal Maestro deadline looming, I might be willing to give it a shot. I was sort of hoping somebody else might test the water first though ... :)

Cheers

Andy

Hi Johnny,

Have you tried Dynamo Effects Paypal Pro module? v1.0.8 was added 5 days ago and says it supports Cardinal 3D Secure !!

I'm always a little dubious about installing something so new, but the install file has really been well thought out and with the Paypal Maestro deadline looming, I might be willing to give it a shot. I was sort of hoping somebody else might test the water first though ... :)

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

its worth a shot and accroding to the support thread it works, however it doesnt have the correct verifed by visa images etc I think.

I havent given it a go yet but I am considering it.

its a nightmare when the instructions are poor and one has a heavily modded site.

I am not one to give up and getting outside help is what I am looking at, I am regoing through things as I had this siort of working and now I dont appear to have it working at all again, and my backups dont appear to help.

wont have much hair left by the time I get this ressolved me thinks but I will try try and try again