• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Pro UK with 3D Secure

johnnybebad

Whilst i am not offering support for this module, i feel that I should at least place a support thread on here for the module so that people can ask questions and hopefully get solutions

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7180 is the Paypal Pro UK with 3D Secure as provided by Cardinal today.

I have had issues with installing this with my heavily modified shop, however I am sure someone out there can help make the integration much more comfortable to use/ integrate.

I will be having another attempt after my new year celbrations are over.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst i am not offering support for this module, i feel that I should at least place a support thread on here for the module so that people can ask questions and hopefully get solutions

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7180 is the Paypal Pro UK with 3D Secure as provided by Cardinal today.

I have had issues with installing this with my heavily modified shop, however I am sure someone out there can help make the integration much more comfortable to use/ integrate.

I will be having another attempt after my new year celbrations are over.

Testing tomorrow, think I have it installed properly, no errors showing and everythings in place, just have to test out the 3d secure.

apparently the mod is also useable for USA and canda as these options are available in admin.

I have an error:-

error: All payment fields are required.

when trying to submit card details, all fields appear to be completed, so I guess some information is not beinmg sent or something but the question is how do i find twhats not right?

Thanks

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for posting the PayPal module provided by Cardinal, however this is a restricted module that can only be distributed by Cardinal Commerce once a merchant has signed up for 3D Secure. Would you mind removing this for now? We plan to make a future release of the Website Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) module at a later date.

Also if you are using a Website Payments Pro account created after September 2008, you can use the new official module at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7184

The newer Pro accounts let you generate an API Signature as opposed to the existing Partner, Merchant ID, Username and Password you currently use.

Regards,

Anthony.

PayPal (UK)

Edited by PayPal_AnthonyH

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for posting the PayPal module provided by Cardinal, however this is a restricted module that can only be distributed by Cardinal Commerce once a merchant has signed up for 3D Secure. Would you mind removing this for now? We plan to make a future release of the Website Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) module at a later date.

Also if you are using a Website Payments Pro account created after September 2008, you can use the new official module at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7184

The newer Pro accounts let you generate an API Signature as opposed to the existing Partner, Merchant ID, Username and Password you currently use.

Regards,

Anthony.

PayPal (UK)

Hi I have no problems with removing it and wasnt informed of any restrictions. Still got to get it work, I cant get the 3d side to work as yet.

Thanks

Can admin please remove?

Hi Johnny,

Regards,

Anthony.

PayPal (UK)

Hi Johnny and Anthony.

I can't get this to install either.

To Anthony. Please can we have "proper" install instructions. eg in catalog/file.php find code xxxxx and replace with yyyyyy, after - aaaaa insert bbbbb etc etc

The current install instructions just say "go compare"!! Which isn't very helpful

Please see any of the excellent contributions by jack_mcs, chemo etc for the type of install instructions I mean.

I am sure the developers of the module could be able to produce something very quickly.

This would be a great help for us mere mortals.

I have installed many modules, including payment modules, but I am stumped by this contribution.

Simon

I can't get this to install either.

FYI I have been working on this for two days for a client previously using a non Paypal provided contribution - this one falls at the first as the PayPal server keeps refusing the connection telling me that the CVV is wrong (Paypal error 10762) - so I'm giving up and looking to try and code into the old module.

I did find that on my server the log would only work if the full path to the log file was entered in the module in admin, once I had logging enabled it was a help (unlike PayPal)

Also the two contributions - 7180 and 7184 are identical.

Graeme

Edited by sakwoya

Can anybody advise on this?

I now have this module passing $params to PayPal once the customer clicks through the checkout_confirmation page - however there is no 3D secure working (admin settings are correct)the store is passing empty values for the following which can be found in paypal_direct.php at line 265 for standard products.

$params['ECI3DS']         = $_SESSION['auth_eci'];
                     $params['CAVV']           = $_SESSION['auth_cavv'];
                     $params['XID']            = $_SESSION['auth_xid'];
                     $params['AUTHSTATUS3DS']  = $_SESSION['auth_status'];

The first value $_SESSION['auth_eci']; is pulled from line 1020 in paypal_base.php ('auth_eci' => $eci);)

$eci is pulled from line 969 in the same file $eci = $parser->deserializedResponse['EciFlag'];

That is the result of the XML Parser from Cardinal.

I'm trying to spot where the XML is sent to Cardinal from within the contribution so that I can try and determine why it is not happening - any help would be appreciated.

Graeme

Apologies but this forum will not let me edit my own posts?

OK - I've installed this contribution onto a vanilla OSC2.2 and it don't work.

However - if you go to checkout_process.php and comment out line 69 i.e.

// $payment_modules->update_status();

It works.

So far I have only tested this on a WAMP PC using the Cardinal test server and it appears to work.

Graeme

Hi, I havent got my 3d settings to work as yet, can you provide details on what i need to do.

I can get the system to work ie process cards but not when using 3d secure part.

I have a cardinal account but dont think I have it setup correctly/ If I can eliminate that part then I will know if I have the contribution setup and working.

the contributions should be the same, I was given a copy by cardinal to try and install and posted on here to get help as I could see it wasnt straight forward.(mind you a damn bit easier than the official one they had on the paypal site a few weeks ago that required pear modules installing and was approximatley 3.5 years old)

I have a very heavily modified shop, and getting everything to fit was hard as hardly any of it was recognisable when comparing files.

I am not sure I have the reoccuring payment part installed correctly either, but as I dont need it its not a major issue but still would like to be able to test it out properly so i can see what is or isnt installed properly.

OK you may find this useful ... I know I did .... not that it has solved any problems but it is probably the reason why it wont work for us ...

The plug-in is designed for PayPal merchants using Website Payments Pro and/or Express Checkout with API Signatures, this includes UK Pro merchants with accounts created after September 2008. It is not for use by merchants using Website Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) or Payflow Pro.

Depending on when your UK Pro account was created, this module may be compatible by switching to using API Signatures instead of the Partner, Merchant ID, Username and Password you currently use.

To determine your Pro account type:

1) If you manage your Website Payments Pro account by logging into your PayPal account at paypal.com or paypal.co.uk, you can use this Plug-In. If you have previously used the Website Payments Pro (UK) plug-in in osCommerce- you will need to generate a new set of API credentials by going to:

Profile > Request API Credentials > Option 1 – PayPal API > 2. Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions > API Credentials > Request API Signature

2) If you manage your Website Payments Pro account via https://manager.paypal.com, you are using Website Pro Payments (Payflow Edition), this plug-in is not compatible with your Pro account. If you require an updated module for 3D Secure support, please sign up for 3D Secure at https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/3-DSecure-GetStarted.asp and request the Payflow Edition plug-in for osCommerce.

Regards,

Anthony

PayPal (UK)

We come under the 2nd category so the code we have tried to implement wont work as it needs something different from what this post is saying ....

Hi dont know which i have as I can certainly use paypal manager and i can also create api's.

the module works without 3d secure active using an api I craeted so the issue i have is probably something else.

I understand a new module is to be released shortly with more help on the instakllation side.

Hi,

I have installed the new paypal files to add 3dsecure,

filled in the details and it all seems to be working ok, however it doesn't push the user to the 3d secure page, it just does what it did before.

Is there something else i need to do?

I have filled in all the cardinal details and checked them.

The other thing i am trying to sort out is before i used the update paypal module that allowed me to have the card details on the payment page, the new module reverts this back to 1.0 where i cant do that anymore.

Any help would be great.

thanks

You would have thought Paypal would be jumping at the chance to help put more payments through their system.

We have taken the decision to go with another Payment processor because of the lack of support from Paypal.

You would have thought Paypal would be jumping at the chance to help put more payments through their system.

We have taken the decision to go with another Payment processor because of the lack of support from Paypal.

maywell be the case for everyone to consider.

the issue is with sending the cardinal a set of variables I think, which I am not sure is setup properly.

I am hoping to hear from cardinal shortly, some people have got things further on the x forum thing but dont sy how they got there.

Hopefully I will have some instructions shortly on how to get this working with 3d secure.

Hello,

Can this module work for version 2.2-MS2?

I'm using this version from 3 years ago with a lot of customizations and modules, and I need to use this module as soon as possible.

What should I do?

Thanks.

I too have a version 2.2-MS2 heavily modified site and I have managed to add the Cardinal module but it was a lot of messing around as I had to carefully compare the modified files with mine. Also I had to add or modify other files from oscommerce v2.2 RC 2a, even a few extra functions that were missing in MS2. There are also some database changes.

I first installed v2.2 RC 2a so I could check the module working on that first and then I started modifying a copy of my MS2 site. Wish I had time to list all the changes but will try and do this once I have copied the changes to my live site.

Hello,

Can this module work for version 2.2-MS2?

I'm using this version from 3 years ago with a lot of customizations and modules, and I need to use this module as soon as possible.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Hi Nile

This mod 'should' work with 2.2 - MS2 but requires a lot of manual compare coding in order to integrate especially if you have modified your site.

I say 'should' work as I'm not sure anyone has got it to work properly yet!

We are all awaiting a response from Paypal / Cardinal on how to get this module up and running so welcome to the party!

Do you guys know if this means our online store is not able to accept any UK Mastercard or only UK "maestro" cards?

Cardinal have sent us this contribution code only on 2nd week of January but also claimed that NO merchant was able to successfully install it on a live modded shop. I'm wondering how many osc UK store owners know they are loosing money (not many judging by the number of views on this thread).

Hi Nile

This mod 'should' work with 2.2 - MS2 but requires a lot of manual compare coding in order to integrate especially if you have modified your site.

I say 'should' work as I'm not sure anyone has got it to work properly yet!

We are all awaiting a response from Paypal / Cardinal on how to get this module up and running so welcome to the party!

*Do not advertise in your signature

Ah, well this is naff then :(

I was looking at getting WPP integrated my my heavily modified site. "Go Compare" is not an acceptable answer.

Paypals tech support is nothing short of pap. Its taken them nearly 1 month to tell me website payments standard will only accept upto £900 per transaction. The only way to accept more is to implement WPP which I cant with sh1te intructions. :mellow:

Im going to give it a few days, if there is no real instructions we will have to move to another merchant that has "hold my hand" install instructions.

Oh joy!

Ah, well this is naff then :(

I was looking at getting WPP integrated my my heavily modified site. "Go Compare" is not an acceptable answer.

Paypals tech support is nothing short of pap. Its taken them nearly 1 month to tell me website payments standard will only accept upto £900 per transaction. The only way to accept more is to implement WPP which I cant with sh1te intructions. :mellow:

Im going to give it a few days, if there is no real instructions we will have to move to another merchant that has "hold my hand" install instructions.

Oh joy!

Its not that we even need hold my hand instructions though as you say 'Go Compare' is simply unnacceptable for a company of Paypals size. Its that the module they have released is not communicating with Cardinal correctly.

At least we are not alone - its the same story with Zen Cart.

After the cut off Maestro Payments will cease to process through the Paypal module - hopefully everything else wont melt down as well!

My look into another payment processor led me to Nochex but they don't do rolling reserves ... oh no they take the first £1000 (or more) that you make through them and keep it as a reserve. Plus points though no monthly fee and lower transaction rate than Paypal but another neg is that there is no virtual terminal and you are limited as to how much your customers can put through in 1 transaction.

We might set up with them for Maestro Payments since there is no monthly but then we will loose our first £1000 of sales. This might be a work around for some of you out there as well. Depends on how your finances are flowing and if you can take the £1000 hit.

I have this working with a heavily modified 2.2 - MS2 UK shop but it took quite a lot of work. It is working now on a alive site and has so far taken payments form Visa Maestro and solo cards without a problem. You do have to do a lot of comparing and add a few files and functions from 2.2 RC 2a and add a bit to the database tables i.e.

ALTER TABLE `order_status` ADD `public_flag` int(11) default '1' AFTER `orders_status_name` ;

ALTER TABLE `order_status` ADD `downloads_flag` int(11) default '0' AFTER `public_flag` ;

Just need to compare with 2.2 RC 2a tables.

You do need to sign-up with cardinalcommerce.com so you can produce the cardinal commerce Processor Id, Merchant Id and Transaction Password.

As you cannot take Amex payments through PayPal direct we have to tell customers to use ordinary PayPal for amex cards so you could do the same for Maestro cards if you did not want to go to all the trouble of the above.

Matt

I have this working with a heavily modified 2.2 - MS2 UK shop but it took quite a lot of work. It is working now on a alive site and has so far taken payments form Visa Maestro and solo cards without a problem. You do have to do a lot of comparing and add a few files and functions from 2.2 RC 2a and add a bit to the database tables i.e.

ALTER TABLE `order_status` ADD `public_flag` int(11) default '1' AFTER `orders_status_name` ;

ALTER TABLE `order_status` ADD `downloads_flag` int(11) default '0' AFTER `public_flag` ;

Just need to compare with 2.2 RC 2a tables.

You do need to sign-up with cardinalcommerce.com so you can produce the cardinal commerce Processor Id, Merchant Id and Transaction Password.

As you cannot take Amex payments through PayPal direct we have to tell customers to use ordinary PayPal for amex cards so you could do the same for Maestro cards if you did not want to go to all the trouble of the above.

Matt

Hi Matt,

can you help us out here, I can accept payments via paypal but not getting anything sent to cardinalwhen thats switched on and verified, my account is setup.

Can you get in touch and maybe send me some details or files so I can compare them to my heavily modded site and see if I can get it working also.

Thanks