• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Compare My Price

Jack_mcs

I follow the steps for the install. I check more than once to see if I missed any steps.

there is only one entry/choice in admin for this modules, any suggestions?

I don't understand the question. Are you saying the Add button doesn't work for you?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand the question. Are you saying the Add button doesn't work for you?

When looking in Admin -->

CompareMyPrice --> Enable Version Checker --> true *this is the only entry I found

so the question is, where can I set up the competitors information?

I thought this was set up in admin. or did I missed anything? I try again.

Thanks again

Eugenia

Edited by divasexoticas

When looking in Admin -->

CompareMyPrice --> Enable Version Checker --> true *this is the only entry I found

so the question is, where can I set up the competitors information?

The instructions state

Go to admin->CompareMyPrice and add the sites to be checked.
If you don't have that section, then you've made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

I added all the files, did Beyond Compare to make sure that all the files were correct.

The only thing I see in my oscommerce admin Compare My Price is the Version Checker only. Not the program itself.

What step did I miss?

Yes I did.

When I tried to run it again, just to make sure that I did...I got the following:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES (

'553', 'CompareMyPrice', 'CompareMyPrice site wide options', '20', '1'

);

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '553' for key 1

If you made the change to the column_left file in admin, then something has to be show up there, unless you have the admin access contribution installed, which requires files to be enabled first. If you don't have admin access installed and you don't see Compare My Price in the left column, then you've made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you made the change to the column_left file in admin, then something has to be show up there, unless you have the admin access contribution installed, which requires files to be enabled first. If you don't have admin access installed and you don't see Compare My Price in the left column, then you've made a mistake in the installation.

I've gone over everything step-by-step. I have to get files installed so I must have Admin Access or something. How do you install this program?

You click on administrators and then on file access. You can also ask in that support thread for help in figuring out how to use that contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting this error when I try to add a comparison. The product id for my site is 1842:

1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause

select count(*) as ttl, unique_id from comparemyprice where products_id = 1842 and url like 'http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CDJ-1000MK3-Professional-MP3-Turntable/dp/B000FD429W' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Im getting this error when I try to add a comparison. The product id for my site is 1842:

1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause

select count(*) as ttl, unique_id from comparemyprice where products_id = 1842 and url like 'http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CDJ-1000MK3-Professional-MP3-Turntable/dp/B000FD429W' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

In admin/comparemyprice.php, find this code

$cmp_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as ttl, unique_id from " . TABLE_COMPAREMYPRICE . " where products_id = " . (int)$posts[$i]['pid'] . " and url like '" . $posts[$i]['url'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'"); 
              $cmp = tep_db_fetch_array($cmp_query);
              if ($cmp['ttl'] > 0)  //then entry exists
                 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_COMPAREMYPRICE . " set enabled = '" . (int)$posts[$i]['enable'] . "', search_str = '" . $posts[$i]['search_str'] . "', site_name = '" . $posts[$i]['site_name'] . "' where unique_id = " . (int)$cmp['unique_id'] . " and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");
              else
                 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COMPAREMYPRICE . " ( enabled, products_id, url, search_str, site_name, language_id) values ('" . (int)$posts[$i]['enable'] . "', '" . (int)$posts[$i]['pid'] . "', '" . $posts[$i]['url'] . "', '" . $posts[$i]['search_str'] . "', '" . $posts[$i]['site_name'] . "', '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "')");

and replace it with this

$cmp_query = tep_db_query("select unique_id from " . TABLE_COMPAREMYPRICE . " where products_id = " . (int)$posts[$i]['pid'] . " and url like '" . $posts[$i]['url'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");
              if (tep_db_num_rows($cmp_query) > 0)
              { 
                 $cmp = tep_db_fetch_array($cmp_query);
                 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_COMPAREMYPRICE . " set enabled = '" . (int)$posts[$i]['enable'] . "', search_str = '" . $posts[$i]['search_str'] . "', site_name = '" . $posts[$i]['site_name'] . "' where unique_id = " . (int)$cmp['unique_id'] . " and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");
              }   
              else
                 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COMPAREMYPRICE . " ( enabled, products_id, url, search_str, site_name, language_id) values ('" . (int)$posts[$i]['enable'] . "', '" . (int)$posts[$i]['pid'] . "', '" . $posts[$i]['url'] . "', '" . $posts[$i]['search_str'] . "', '" . $posts[$i]['site_name'] . "', '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "')");

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Excellent, now that works but It doesn't show up on the product page, I went back and made sure that everything is installed, added, replaced, etc.

The only thing I can think of is if the connection isn't being made to the other shop for some reason. You can try creating an entry for a product on your own shop with some other product to make sure the connection is working correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Has anyone got this to work..

where is it supposed to show up.. nothing comes up on my site

pid is my product id... right ?

url is the product url on their site ..right?

search string is the code for their price on their site..right?

<font class="text colors_text"><b>Our Price: </b></font> (.*) </font>

site name is just their site name or is it the full http://www.whatever.com

Thanks for any help with this

pid is my product id... right ?

url is the product url on their site ..right?

search string is the code for their price on their site..right?

<font class="text colors_text"><b>Our Price: </b></font> (.*) </font>

site name is just their site name or is it the full http://www.whatever.com

Yes, that is correct. Since it seems like a common problem, I'll add some sort of debugging aid in the next version. Bot for now, try this. In includes/modules/comparemyprice.php, find

if ($their_price > $new_price)

and place this above it

echo 'Their Price = ' .  $their_price . ' My Price = '.$new_price .'<br>';

That should display the price from the other site and the price from your site. If the other sites price doesn't show, please post a link to the product page and I will take a look at the code to see what should be compared against.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then it is a problem with the url rewriter you are using. It works fine here with Ultimate SEO V2.2d, which is what I recommend. If you want to use the one you are using and this contribution, you'll need to ask its author for a solution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then it is a problem with the url rewriter you are using. It works fine here with Ultimate SEO V2.2d, which is what I recommend. If you want to use the one you are using and this contribution, you'll need to ask its author for a solution.

For what it's worth, I can't get the price from the competitor's site to display either. I did notice that in the text on the Admin page it says "replace that with (.*) so the final result would look something like: valign="top">(.*)</td>, which is what is shown in the Add section below." and that below it displays "valign="top">(*)</td>" but I've tried it with both (*) and (.*) to no avail.

I do have a couple of questions too. First, will this addon result in links to your competitor's site on your site? If I could get it to work I'd know the answer, but I can't so I'm asking. Second, will your competitor's server log an incoming connection from your Admin site, thus disclosing the name of your Admin directory (referer URL)?

well it would have been nice to know it only works with ultimate seo from the beginning.. in the installation directions...instead of wasting hours trying to figure out why it not working.

should put that in the directions somewhere

Which reminds me, the CSS change didn't work for me either....but I don't think it's essential. Everything seems to display fine (except the price isn't there) without the change.

For what it's worth, I can't get the price from the competitor's site to display either. I did notice that in the text on the Admin page it says "replace that with (.*) so the final result would look something like: valign="top">(.*)</td>, which is what is shown in the Add section below." and that below it displays "valign="top">(*)</td>" but I've tried it with both (*) and (.*) to no avail.

Did you try the code I posted? If that doesn't show the problem, post the page you are trying to get the price from and I will take a look.

I do have a couple of questions too. First, will this addon result in links to your competitor's site on your site? If I could get it to work I'd know the answer, but I can't so I'm asking. Second, will your competitor's server log an incoming connection from your Admin site, thus disclosing the name of your Admin directory (referer URL)?

No, it doesn't make a link to the other site. It just displays text stating the price comparison. The connection isn't made from the admin. It is made from the product page of whichever product you are checking. I suppose that if you had a lot of traffic on that page and the other site has some sort of monitoring for things like that, they might see that your site is visiting more than normal. But all that would happen in that case is that they ban your IP from their site. Unless they have some sort of statement saying you can't use automatic scripts to look at their site, then you aren't doing anything wrong. And it is unlikely they would have that since that is what search engines do and they would have to ban those too.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

well it would have been nice to know it only works with ultimate seo from the beginning.. in the installation directions...instead of wasting hours trying to figure out why it not working.

should put that in the directions somewhere

Well, I suppose I could spend weeks testing the interaction of all of the various contributions to make sure they work correctly but I wouldn't hold my breadth if I were you. The code works fine in a stock shop, which is all any contribution will promise. A url rewriter, if that is the cause of your failure, has no business changing the ID of the product on the page. But if it is doing so, there is no way to code for something like that, short of installing and testing it and then providing special code for just that contribution. If you don't want to use a known, working contribution, then you have to suffer the consequences of the problems it causes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons