• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Compare My Price

Jack_mcs

This addon provides a way to check a competitors site, or any number of sites, and show how your prices compare. It displays a message like:

Our Price: $29.99 - Amazons Price: $65.00 - You Save 53.86% !!!

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, sounds like a great module.

Is there a mass check that can be done or is it all manual, also can the display be switched off on the catalog side.

Basically if i am cheaper i dont mind displaying the price however if i am more expensive i wouldnt want it to display?

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

In admin, you add a product and a site you want to check for that product. You can enter as many sites per product as you want. The entries can be turned off individually in admin so the check for it wouldn't be done. On the shop side, the prices are compared and will not show if the other sites price is lower. I think there should be a pre-check or cached setting so as not to always have to check the other site but I wanted to wait to see if anyone has a use for the addon before putting more effort into it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

This is a great idea and something that can be very useful for online auto parts sites. I am having one issue though. I followed the directions for adding the compare in the admin but it doesn't seem to show up on the specified products page. I added the code to product_info.php and copied the competitor's link and added it to the field in the admin. The only code I could see for their price by using view source was this <li> $24.99</li> Is that enough for the compare program to draw info ?

Thanks for all you do and the great support!

Matt

It will be enough if that is the only code like that on that page. But you don't enter that in admin. It would be <li>(.*)</li>

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dear jack,

How are you? Hope fine!

I would like to install your contribution, that is what I have been looking for long time.

would like please to know some details:

I assume that your contribution compares prices by the "model number" value right?

is the application could check and compare products also "from products comparison sites" that represent "model number" and (min.price) - (max.price)?

Will be happy to get your reply. Thanks

Regards,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

No, it compares prices. It should work with any site as long as you setup the comparison code correctly.

Sure it compares prices. But first it search the product to compare its price with..

So it search for the model number first at the site address that we enter in the admin.. then copy the price.. right?

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks

Best Regards,

Nathali

Sure it compares prices. But first it search the product to compare its price with..

So it search for the model number first at the site address that we enter in the admin.. then copy the price.. right?

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks

You're wrong. :) You enter the url and compare string in admin. The code loads that page in, searches for the price and checks it against your price to see whether it should be displayed or not. The product model never comes up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You're wrong. :) You enter the url and compare string in admin. The code loads that page in, searches for the price and checks it against your price to see whether it should be displayed or not. The product model never comes up.

Nice contribution

I thought it could search in a website to find the right product by "model number" and copy its price..

Happy new year Jack.. :thumbsup:

Best Regards,

Nathali

You're welcome. The problem is that every site could use a different format to display the model number, may not call it the model number and some may not use it at all (it's an option in oscommerce shops). So there's no easy way to search for something without knowing how it is dislayed on the site.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You're welcome. The problem is that every site could use a different format to display the model number, may not call it the model number and some may not use it at all (it's an option in oscommerce shops). So there's no easy way to search for something without knowing how it is dislayed on the site.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the explanation.

If you don't mind, please have a look on that website zap.co.il

Search for KVR400X64C3A/1G OR simply find it in that link:

zap.co.il/search.aspx?keyword=KVR400X64C3A/1G

And in my oscommerce I have a "model number" of "KVR400X64C3A/1G" IS it possible to modify your contribution to know how to search model numbers only on that specific site and copy the prices ( 169 - 268 ) that represented for this model number ? (169 means the lower price that store sells this model and 268 is the higher price for that model number)

Thanks Jack :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

As mentioned, using the model number only complicates matters. If you view the source for that page, the price is listed as

<div class="price">268 - 169 ¤</div>

so in the setting for this site in admin you would enter

<div class="price">(.*)</div>

The code in this contribution would then have to be changed to strip out the two prices and use the lower. It only works with one price as it is now.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As mentioned, using the model number only complicates matters. If you view the source for that page, the price is listed as

<div class="price">268 - 169 ¤</div>

so in the setting for this site in admin you would enter

<div class="price">(.*)</div>

The code in this contribution would then have to be changed to strip out the two prices and use the lower. It only works with one price as it is now.

Hi Jack !!

Thats good news. But still, as you said the "model number" complicates matters.

So I guess, if I would like to use your contribution I have to use a direct link to each "model number" that I have and then copy the prices as you indicated.

Thanks Jack for all your replies.. :)

Best regards,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

You just don't want to let go of the model numbers, I guess. :) Have you installed the contribution? Maybe that will make it more clear to you. You add an entry in admin based on your product ID (model number isn't used). Then you enter in the url of the page the similar product is on the other site (model number isn't used). Then you add the compare string that holds the price (model number isn't used). If you need to use model numbers for some reason, then this contribution won't work for you without editing, which isn't supported here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have installed your contribution.

But i am a bit of a novice, so i am having trouble adding a product to compare. I actually dont understand the setup procedure. :rolleyes:

The whole PID, url, search string is confusing me, for example, whose PID do i enter? Mine or the other site?

Please can you help.....

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

HI JACK

COMPARE YOUR PRICE.

SORRY JUST A NEWBIE HOW DO YOU ADD THIS TO MY SITE WHEN THERE IS OVER 5000 PRODUCTS I WOULD NOT HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK OR INSTALL IT ON MY SITE WOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS ON HOW TO ADD THIS THE SITE I RECKON ITS A CRACKER I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO ADD THIS

DAVE

Edited by linda grubb

Great addon, but i have problems. I'm using the € sign and i use , (comma) not dots. example: € 30,25 <-- also 1 space after the EURO symbol.

If i try to add a price from a other site i see this on my product_info.php :

Warning: Division by zero in ......./includes/modules/comparemyprice.php on line 33

and the price is not calculated at all. At the moment i see this:

Price: € 9,99

Special Price: € 7,50

Safe: € 2,49 (25%) Price: blablabla.com - You Save € 0,00% !!!

Bold and underlined is also the same how the price shows up on my product_info.php to much (also it picked up the font color and size how my price is showed at this moment, not the description style/font). I want to get: Our (special) price: € 10,00 -- other site: € 15,00 you safe; € 5,00

The addon needs to pick my specials_price (all my products have special prices ;))

Can you help me to get this working? Before i changed some stuff, the addon did calculate but not correctly, nothing calculated behind the , (comma) Now i changed it so the calcullating is not working at all, but the error and the wrong font/style/size was wrong at the beginning and also now.

Would be great if you know how to fix my problem :D

I uploaded and installed the addon again and in modulles/compareprices.php i removed line 33:

$savings = round(((1 - ($new_price / $their_price)) * 100), 2);

Now the ZERO error is gone, calculation not working ;( i changed "$" in 2 files to "€" no effect, the compare sites shows: Price: € 0,00

The style/font is fixed, but i can't remove the first 3 lines from the result

(Price: € 9,99

Special Price: € 7,50

Safe: € 2,49 (25%) ---> here is the output from the script (the stuff before this need to be removed) <----)

:'( i think this is messing all up: Safe: € 2,49 (25%) this is another addon that shows the safings in EURO and % But how to fix this? i realy don't know

Edited by freaknet

I tried it here with a product that has a special price and the currency set to GBP and it worked fine. Although that could be the code I am connecting to. The code, wrongly, assumes the price on the other site will use $ as the currency symbol. If the site you are looking at uses some other symbol, then it will fail. In includes/modules/comparemyprice.php, try changing this line

$their_price = str_replace("$", "", strip_tags($price[0]));

Replace the $ with whatever symbol the other site is using. If that is the cause of your problem, that should fix it. I'll need to make that a setting in admin in the next version, regardless.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i have changed the $ into € but i think i found the problem.

Is the addon using info from the product_info.php ??? I think there is the problem. here is the line in my product_info.php

$products_price = TEXT_LIST_PRICE . '<i><s><font color="CC0000">' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</font></s></i><br />' . TEXT_SPECIAL_PRICE . '<span class="productSpecialPrice"><font ><b><u>' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</u></b></font></span><br /><font color="0000FF"><i>' . TEXT_YOU_SAVE . $currencies->display_price(($product_info['products_price'] - $new_price), tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' (' . number_format(100 - (($new_price / $product_info['products_price']) * 100)) . '%)</i></font>';    } else 

I see, if the price from the other site is higher than my price:

Our price: (here comes the output from the line: $products_price = ..... )
- Othersite.com Price: € 0,00 - You Save % !!!

Hi Jack

I follow the steps for the install. I check more than once to see if I missed any steps.

there is only one entry/choice in admin for this modules, any suggestions?

CompareMyPrice

Title

Enable Version Checker --display it

Thanks for sharing your hard work

Eugenia

Edited by divasexoticas

i have changed the $ into € but i think i found the problem.

Is the addon using info from the product_info.php ???

It uses the price as figured out in the code in the product_info file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons