• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Risk of losing my Merchant :( Please Help! Looking for a way to capture/review funds before charge.

Khaled Tajzai

I have been processing with this merchant for sometime now and as of late we had this one bad attack of a guy who stole a CC and attempted to use it on our site. We caught it right away but the bad part was that the charge still happened. I refunded them the real customer back the next day but since the merchant say this they flagged our business as "dangerous".

I spoke to them for HOURS on the phone and told me if I juice up security + find ways to allow less of this to happen I will be fine/reopen for business.

My plan is to find a module that will allow me to capture funds and charge them when I like (for example if someone orders I can wait till I get tracking and THAN charge the card). This will help me be a step ahead of the scammers. Also if anyone knows any other addons/programs that will boost security that would be great fully welcomed.

Thank you!!

You don't say who you're gateway is or if you have one so that would be good to know :thumbsup:

A reasonable gateway should have an AVS (address verification system) in place you can use to weed out this kind of fraud and protect yourself.

Authorize.net is my choice and recommendation to folks but there are plenty of supported processors.

Get one if you haven't and if you have give them a call and see what measures you can setup.

Hope that helps,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Sorry about that Iggy, The Gateway I use now is Authorize.net.

Woops. Sorry about that. I picked up this thread from View New Content and didn't see it was posted in Payment Modules/Authorize.

Anyways, I think you should review Anet's features then :-"

Maybe the Fraud Detection Suite would be worth the extra cash?

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/frauddetectionsuite/

You can also set your payment module to authorize only instead of authorize and capture. Then you'll have time to review the transaction and manually run it once you call it good.

Not sure what security juice you can apply otherwise. :'(

Edited by Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

• 2 weeks later...