• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express Help.

sparkyboy2406

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I have set up my site with oscommerce and i am using Paypal express checkout as the payment module.

The problem is that when i go to the checkout it is asking the customer to create an account. I want to have this option as well as having the option to simply add in credit card details to pay for an order without having to set up a paypal account.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I have set up my site with oscommerce and i am using Paypal express checkout as the payment module.

The problem is that when i go to the checkout it is asking the customer to create an account. I want to have this option as well as having the option to simply add in credit card details to pay for an order without having to set up a paypal account.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Same problem here !!! i also get no shipping fees added...

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

If your paypal account is set up as personal, it will require the customer to have a paypal account. If your paypal account is business, it should allow the processing of credit cards OR using a paypal account. I know the option is given with Paypal Standard and Paypal IPN payment modules, I am not sure about PayPal Express.

Further, PWA allows the customer to checkout without creating an account, however they are still asked for shipping and payment details.

Hope this helps

Chris

If your paypal account is set up as personal, it will require the customer to have a paypal account. If your paypal account is business, it should allow the processing of credit cards OR using a paypal account. I know the option is given with Paypal Standard and Paypal IPN payment modules, I am not sure about PayPal Express.

Further, PWA allows the customer to checkout without creating an account, however they are still asked for shipping and payment details.

Hope this helps

Chris

I am using bussiness account . At other side The Purchase Without Account (PWA) module is not what i meant, what i wanted was to inherit customer data from the PAY-PAL database, and with this data create an account at my oscommerce, and then process normal checkout , ending with payment from paypal ...

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

We have just added our API details to our OS.

When the customer completes the checkout, it keeps taking them to a PayPal page that says :

If you were in the process of buying something, we recommend you check both your PayPal account etc etc etc.

I've contacted PayPal who did a dummy test purchase and said all our API details are correct.

Any clues??

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here !!! i also get no shipping fees added...

There is a shipping over ride setting on Paypal profile.

You need to check that setting.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.