• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags

FWR Media

Sorry if I overlooked something really obvious, but when you state in the guide:

Ensure that the following directory is writeable (0755 or 0777 dependent on server) catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/cache/

I cannot find a cache directory in that location. In the kiss_meta_tags directory I have abstracts, classes, includes, modules, smallwords, stopwords, and kiss_meta_tags.php.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Sorry if I overlooked something really obvious, but when you state in the guide:

I cannot find a cache directory in that location. In the kiss_meta_tags directory I have abstracts, classes, includes, modules, smallwords, stopwords, and kiss_meta_tags.php.

The cache directory is a part of the standard upload.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I am trying to install both SEO Urls 5 Pro and KissMT...

I see the changes in the front page and product info , but ...

Nothing was added to the admin section->configuration.

As well usu_cache table was not created.

I use STS 4.x

I did all the changes required in the manual..

Why does it happen?

Thanks

Hello , Robert.

After I first installed KissMT it worked fine.

After some reinstalling USU5 I noticed that the category meta tag is not displayed.

The titles starts from " - subcat1 - subcat2 ...".

The first character displayed is "-".

Hoe can I make the category to be displayed here?

Thank you

Sorry , another question...

I am trying to install the Category-Manufacturers Descriptions-H1 page title

I noticed that my index page used <div> blocks instead of tables and does not have any HEADING_TITLE occurrences.

Where should I add the replacement code in this case ?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I manage to install KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags and for english language works just fine.

Then the problems came along with part of my website writen in greek language.

I use utf-8 encoding for all my pages.

I also have serbian language also coded in utf-8, but there all works just fine, although there are also plenty of special characters.

So my only problem is greek language.

It seems that instead of getting the actual character, or 'Symb' from the table below, my code page is made of 'Name' column from the table below.

Table of Greek UTF-8 Special Characters:

....Name....|.Symb.|..Hex Code..|....Description....|

-----------------------------------------------------------------

...Α..|....Α....|...U+0391..|.Greek capital letter alpha.|

....Β...|....Β....|...U+0392..|.Greek capital letter beta..|

.Γ|....Γ....|...U+0393..|.Greek capital letter gamma.|

...Δ...|....Δ....|...U+0394..|.Greek capital letter delta.|

This is my page code:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> 
<html dir="LTR" lang="el"> 
<head> 
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> 
<title>Ate Shop - Body Piercing Αξεσουάρ Μόδας</title> 
<meta name="description" content="Ate Shop - Body Piercing, Αξεσουάρ Μόδας, Ρολόγια Χειρός, Ρούχα, Κοσμή&m..."> 
<meta name="keywords" content="ate,shop,body,piercing,Αξεσουάρ,Μόδας,Ρολόγια,Χειρός,Ρούχα,Κοσμήματα">

I am hoping that you can help me fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

okay, first can i say great contribution, although i am having problems, after a few hours of working with it i've given up and are hoping someone here can help or will have to remove the contribution and restore a backed up version of my store.

my problem is really obvious if you go to my store:

My Store

first off the problem is that my Meta info for index.php (home page) is all wrong talking about Wiggets (i have no god damn Wiggets on my site nor any mention to them) and i can not work out where it is getting it's information from, so i tried installing the extention for this contribution Category-manufacturer headings. (and admin settings of course) this did not resolve the matter.

this is the same for all my static pages such as conditions and privacy.

I am using STS and implemented the solution mentioned in an earlier post in this topic.

all i want to do is set the discription and keywords, or have it automatically done as it has for all my product pages, for index.php due to this being one of my most important pages containing content relivant to my site.

Have to say that all you contibutions FWR have been v.good, hence i installed this one and found it just as good, except for this problem

Thanks

Dan

Have to say that all you contibutions FWR have been v.good, hence i installed this one and found it just as good, except for this problem

Thanks

Dan

Thanks for the kind words Dan.

documentation/getting_the_most_out_of_the_base_install.html

Thanks for the kind words Dan.

documentation/getting_the_most_out_of_the_base_install.html

Thanks FWR Media, got to say i'm banging my head against the wall for overlooking that file. took 2 seconds of reading and found what i've been looking for 4 the past 2-3 hours.

Thanks you the man + carry on the good work

Dan

p.s. just saw in the install instructions that this is first thing to do after install, how right you were

Edited by blakey989

Hello.

When I check my site statistics in webmaster tools I see that many products and categories have duplicate description and title tags.

The links look like this and each point to the same page

catelory-c-0_46_47

catelory-c-46_47

catelory-c-47

What can be the reason to this ?

Thanks

Hello.

When I check my site statistics in webmaster tools I see that many products and categories have duplicate description and title tags.

The links look like this and each point to the same page

catelory-c-0_46_47

catelory-c-46_47

catelory-c-47

What can be the reason to this ?

Thanks

Simple, you have 3 different URIs pointing to exactly the same page.

• 2 weeks later...

Right , but how did this happened ?

What is the cause for creating 3 different URIs to the same page ?

Thank you

The search engines will react to urls that are actually shown on your site.

catelory-c-0_46_47

This simply shouldn't exist, it means you are using the hack of cPath=0 ( shows all top level categories ) this works but was never intended.

catelory-c-46_47

catelory-c-47

Perhaps you have category 47 both as a main category but also as a child of category 46.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It is really great contrib, but I do not understand that sometimes the cache never updates or expire,

I mean for example the cache for specials.php is 2 months old, it shows the 2 months old old meta tags,

and never changes if I change the products on special... :(

Do you have any idea what to do, or Am I wrong something?

Hey, thanks for the contribution.

If I can get it to work I'm sure it'll come in handy big time.

Is this contribution incompatible with Ultimate SEO URLs? (Chemo's contribution)

I uploaded all the files to the correct directory.

One problem is that when I open the index and product_info files, there were no TITLE lines to replace with the new code.

I tried to replace a HEADING_TITLE line in the index file and got the following error on my site.

Warning: include_once(includes/languages/english/kissmt.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/usgoodsi/public_html/shoppingcart/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 77

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/kissmt.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/usgoodsi/public_html/shoppingcart/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/classes/kiss_meta_tags_class.php on line 77

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The search engines will react to urls that are actually shown on your site.

catelory-c-0_46_47

This simply shouldn't exist, it means you are using the hack of cPath=0 ( shows all top level categories ) this works but was never intended.

catelory-c-46_47

catelory-c-47

Perhaps you have category 47 both as a main category but also as a child of category 46.

Thanks , Rob.

What should I do in order to make it work correctly ?

How can I remove this hack of cPath=0 ? I was not aware of it and do not know how to disable it.

Thank you

Quick update, I changed the HEADING_TITLE codes to the new code on specials.php and products_new.php as per the instruction manual and haven't seen any errors. Just can't change the index.php file and there's no TITLE or HEADING_TITLE to change in the product_info.php file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi When I want to insert a new manufacturer in admin-catalog-manufacturers:

I receive this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'kissmt_manufacturers_description' in 'field list'

SELECT languages_id, kissmt_manufacturers_description FROM manufacturers_info WHERE manufacturers_id = 0

[TEP STOP]

Hi When I want to insert a new manufacturer in admin-catalog-manufacturers:

I receive this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'kissmt_manufacturers_description' in 'field list'

SELECT languages_id, kissmt_manufacturers_description FROM manufacturers_info WHERE manufacturers_id = 0

[TEP STOP]

Maybe you have forget to install database admin settings which is required for manufacturers and categories description addon.

upload the content of this folder: optional_extras\Admin Settings\uploads\catalog\

and run installer.php

Read this before:

optional_extras/Admin Settings/admin_settings_installation.html

optional_extras/about_optional_extras.html

thanks for this module. I have installed on my site at http://www.insidertrips.com

My issue is that my homepage, and all of the product pages have the same title. Could you take a look? Also, if there is any way for me to add the subtitle, i'd like to know how..for example on this page:

http://www.insidertrips.com/index.php/todays-trips-c-1?pid=7

I'd actually like it to say Today's Trips--JW Marriott Guanacaste, Santa Cruz, Costa Rica

I just think it would be better for my SEO benefits. Thanks!

Maybe you have forget to install database admin settings which is required for manufacturers and categories description addon.

upload the content of this folder: optional_extras\Admin Settings\uploads\catalog\

and run installer.php

Read this before:

optional_extras/Admin Settings/admin_settings_installation.html

optional_extras/about_optional_extras.html

Thank you, that look like that did the fix!

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have been using this great add on for while mostly during testing of my site, now it is live I have come across a problem.

When I deleted all my previous products so I had 0 products in store, then I loaded new products but what I found is that the Meta titles etc displayed were for altogether different product, from the previous products I had and then deleted. Meta name and meta title are from previously deleted products

I have cleared cache from server

/public_html/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/cache

then cleared cache from my browser restarted, but the issue is still there,

I am really stuck as I am unable to load any more products before this is sorted, please can anyone suggest what I should do to solve this please

Kind Regards

Edited by ms35d4