• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

activate_or_inactivate_category help please

ciscoeuk

hi all

active - inactive cat addon

i have osc 2.2* + sts + extra product fields installed with out a problem!

i have followed 1 - 16 in the install instructuions to the letter the extras are to be add as i intem to install dynamenu

i got this error

zip file download i have zipped all the files please could someone have a look

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/machin12/public_html/cat/index.php on line 344, try removing the }, but causes a t_else error

i looked throught the files and can't find the error, i need a set of new eyes to help sort out the faultany and all help would be grateful!

my php is limited,

thanks

All the best

&

Kind Regards

Richard Armstrong AKA Ciscoeuk

all help greatly apprecated

hi all

active - inactive cat addon

i have osc 2.2* + sts + extra product fields installed with out a problem!

i have followed 1 - 16 in the install instructuions to the letter the extras are to be add as i intem to install dynamenu

i got this error

zip file download i have zipped all the files please could someone have a look

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/machin12/public_html/cat/index.php on line 344, try removing the }, but causes a t_else error

i looked throught the files and can't find the error, i need a set of new eyes to help sort out the faultany and all help would be grateful!

my php is limited,

thanks

sorted one error

but other are cropping up there must be a bug in the addon

All the best

&

Kind Regards

sorted one error

but other are cropping up there must be a bug in the addon

A lot of that type of add-on are way over bloated, if you try Hide Categories & Products http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5907 it does things the easy way smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

A lot of that type of add-on are way over bloated, if you try Hide Categories & Products http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5907 it does things the easy way smile.gif

thanks sam

i believe in KISS, too, but just wondering why someone at OSC has not done a complete install of all the major addons, or is that version 3?

All the best

&

Kind Regards

A major add-on to you is not required for someone else and who would finance this work?

It is down to the developer to give clear concise instructions and to test it on a clean install. Most do this very well and most people installing them, follow the instructions to the letter. The problems occurs where the add-on does not work, the documentation is wrong, installation instructions were not followed or the add-on clashes with another already installed.

If you install a contribution on a modified site, bonne chance!!

G

PS unless you describe the current problems in more detail no one can help you solve it.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

PS unless you describe the current problems in more detail no one can help you solve it.

i think i have just been told off, lol

the problem is i have very little knowledge of php, so i am limmied on how to explain my prolems with the install, that sais i have fix a few minor parse error },

but is you look at my site i keep get index page errors

any help would be great

i have a list of addons that i require

i follow the instructions, and bang not working, for a newbie it gets a little frustrating, but i will cope

i decided to roll back and remove this adson, and try somthing else

All the best

&

Kind Regards

thanks sam

i believe in KISS, too, but just wondering why someone at OSC has not done a complete install of all the major addons, or is that version 3?

Are you saying why havn't they all been tested, well they have by those that have used them, you need to research anything your going to add first, then you'll get an idea how good they are. wink.gif

If your suggesting someone should give there time to test all of them & report, well volanteered, you just nominated yourself a task!! biggrin.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Are you saying why havn't they all been tested, well they have by those that have used them, you need to research anything your going to add first, then you'll get an idea how good they are. wink.gif

If your suggesting someone should give there time to test all of them & report, well volanteered, you just nominated yourself a task!! biggrin.gif

thanks

hi sam i just install the addon its caused a few problems, like the admin back does not show the red/green dots and it turned off all may categories front end, the cat links box is screwed up

have a look hereon the subject of seeting my self a task

well i have that in mind, creating a install osc with all the major addons that are working out of the box

i followed the instructions to the letter just left off dm_categories.php for now (not install yet)

All the best

&

Kind Regards

thanks

hi sam i just install the addon its caused a few problems, like the admin back does not show the red/green dots and it turned off all may categories front end, the cat links box is screwed up

well i have that in mind, creating a install osc with all the major addons that are working out of the box

i followed the instructions to the letter just left off dm_categories.php for now (not install yet)

i think i will uninstall and try again!!!!

i do have EPF 1.2 installed and sts :blink:

All the best

&

Kind Regards

thanks

Your categories issue is due to failing to follow the instructions to the letter, make sure you apply all sql commands, not just the first one!!

i followed the instructions to the letter
clearly you did'nt, but then everyone says that when it don't work first time!!

Your catergories issue will be the same problem (failed to follow exactly) perhaps How do I install a contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=343384&st=0#entry1432157 will help you.

Sam

Contributions:

i think i will uninstall and try again!!!!

i do have EPF 1.2 installed and sts :blink:

i am a total plonker, reomed it and tryed again, would you believe it, It worked, whos the moron, ME I THINK :rolleyes:

All the best

&

Kind Regards

Your categories issue is due to failing to follow the instructions to the letter, make sure you apply all sql commands, not just the first one!!

clearly you did'nt, but then everyone says that when it don't work first time!!

Your catergories issue will be the same problem (failed to follow exactly) perhaps How do I install a contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=343384&st=0#entry1432157 will help you.

SAM, A BIG THANKS

Next stop dynamenu, eeeeeek! >_<

forgot to ask if there status on/off for the infoboxes???

Edited by ciscoeuk

All the best

&

Kind Regards