• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Electronic Delivery Shipping Option

DTB Radio

I've been poking around to see if anyone has put together a shipping module for electronic delivery, for use with items of an intellectual nature (software, etc). I haven't seen any such module. I'd like to either locate an existing module, or find out how to go about creating one. While I'm not a programmer, I've done a lot of programming here and there, and I'm not afraid to "get dirty". I just need a starting point, such as a basic module template or something like that. If there is an existing tutorial or thread on how to build or modify a shipping module, a link to that info would be appreciated.

Maybe you've just been looking for the wrong keywords.

"Digital Downloads" are already built into osC. You need to enable them, and do some other stuff in setup. When an order is placed, you have to manually OK it (that payment has been booked) before the link will be sent to the customer.

I did not know that they were already built in. I've see nothing in the admin settings of OSC to indicate a digital download option. I will look closer....

Maybe you've just been looking for the wrong keywords.

"Digital Downloads" are already built into osC. You need to enable them, and do some other stuff in setup. When an order is placed, you have to manually OK it (that payment has been booked) before the link will be sent to the customer.

The downloadable attribute is set in product attributes. Super Download Store is an addon which enhances the built-in feature in several useful ways. Things can be set up so that download links are available automatically when payment completes.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Yup, I found it right after I posted that.

The downloadable attribute is set in product attributes. Super Download Store is an addon which enhances the built-in feature in several useful ways. Things can be set up so that download links are available automatically when payment completes.

I also want to use the built-in download feature. I set it up in product attributes and included the file. But I don't see where I can download the file after checkout. Not in the order email confirmation nor in the account history. How did you get yours working?

I also want to use the built-in download feature. I set it up in product attributes and included the file. But I don't see where I can download the file after checkout. Not in the order email confirmation nor in the account history. How did you get yours working?

Here are all the steps you need to do to set up downloads. If you've done everything then the most likely causes would either be making a mistake with the filename or putting it in a directory other than the one speoified as the download directory in the configuration settings - ie. osc can't find it, or else the order status you set doesn't allow download. The download link is not sent in the confirmation email, it only shows in account history when you view the order details (or immediately after purchase if the purchase order status is sufficient to make the download available).

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!