• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New categories not showing. Please help!

jailaxmi

Hi,

I have STS4.5.8 installed and have had it for a while now with everything working all right. This morning I tried to change a category name and add a new category with a few sub-categories and none of the changes showed up on the site.

Also, while I was trying to figure out if there was something on my template that was preventing these changes from showing, I realized that the 'tell a friend' box is not showing either, even though the $tellafriendbox marker is on the template. The template's left column is (in order): $categorybox, $shopbypricebox, $searchbox, $tellafriendbox and then a few images with either javascript of links (to Facebook, etc.)

The column on the right works fine. You can see it in action here: http://www.sacred-jewelry.com. There should be a category between 'Fashion Jewelry' and 'Gemstone Malas'.

Any ideas/suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Yol,

The "goshopping" doo-dad in the footer is causing the "nonsecure items" popup in IE

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Yol,

The "goshopping" doo-dad in the footer is causing the "nonsecure items" popup in IE

Thanks for letting me know, Jim! I'll look into it... Any ideas about the categories not showing?

Yol

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

Thanks for letting me know, Jim! I'll look into it... Any ideas about the categories not showing?

Yol

I thought you fixed it.

I see a category between 'Fashion Jewelry' and 'Gemstone Malas'.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I thought you fixed it.

I see a category between 'Fashion Jewelry' and 'Gemstone Malas'.

Oh, wow! I hadn't even noticed! I am thinking now that it was a “cache” problem... :blush:

Edited by jailaxmi

I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head.

:thumbsup:

If you need help with the other thing I mentioned just let me know.

:)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head.

If you need help with the other thing I mentioned just let me know.

I am guessing I should place the image in my images folder to link to that site? I think I am just linking to that image directly from their site... I always forget because I don't get that security issue with Firefox. Let me know if I'm wrong!

Thanks again, Jim.

Yol

I am guessing I should place the image in my images folder to link to that site? I think I am just linking to that image directly from their site... I always forget because I don't get that security issue with Firefox. Let me know if I'm wrong!

Thanks again, Jim.

Yol

Yes, putting the image in your /images folder and modifying the code to display it correctly would fix the problem.

You're welcome.

Always happy to help such a nice person as yourself.

:rolleyes:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Yes, putting the image in your /images folder and modifying the code to display it correctly would fix the problem.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Hey Jim,

I just noticed that sometimes the new categories show and sometimes they don't. Would you mind clicking around the jewelry sections and see if you still see those everywhere? I don't see the “tell a friend” thingy either...

When I go to the home page it shows the new categories, but if I click on say, “chakra jewelry,” I don't see the copper and fine silver jewelry categories on the left menu anymore. If I click on an item that belongs to the new categories, like the swirl ring, then the new categories show on the left menu. It's odd...

I am wondering if it's the cache in my computer, not just the browser's... What do you think?

Thanks again!

Yol

No it's not your PC.

It disappears on me too.

I don't know why.

:'(

Since you have STS I really can't suggest anything because with that installed the whole site works differently.

You might post in the STS support thread for suggestions.

And you fixed the "non-secure" popup in IE.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

No it's not your PC.

It disappears on me too.

I don't know why.

:'(

Since you have STS I really can't suggest anything because with that installed the whole site works differently.

You might post in the STS support thread for suggestions.

And you fixed the "non-secure" popup in IE.

Yeah, isn't that odd? I will post on that support thread. I actually thought I had posted this there! Talk about spacing out...

Thanks for your help, though!

Yol