coolMenu

Keyser Soze

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed coolMenu on my website and i'm having some problems. I reinstaled it just to make sure it wasn't an install error, but i ended up with the same problem. My menu is blank and doesn't show anything. I followed the instructions exactly, so If someone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is a link to my website:

TenNinty Four MotorSports

Thanks,

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
hi all  i want to ask about the language it is just for the english ???

because i have the arabic store also but the mnue just fit in the left mnue :(

how can i fix it pleas

What exactly do you want:

to make the menu fit in the left window?

or to make the height of the left menu smaller?

or to place the menu in another box?

or something else?

hi

what i want is

in my store in the english part every thing is ok

but

when i swich to the arabic part the page will be from right to left but the mnue still in the left side !!

so how can i swich it with the page in the arabic mode

this is the test for english

http://gulfgate.us/catalog/index.php?language=en

this is the arabic

http://gulfgate.us/catalog/index.php?language=ar

thanks again

Are you talking about the COOLMENU, because I don't see that you are using it on either of you links.

But if you wish to pace it on the right side you could either ajust the menu placement in the ../includes/coolmenu.pnp file

oCMenu.fromLeft=0 // try to put another number

oCMenu.fromTop=0 // in top or left other than zero

or you could do it another way like described in my post of Dec 9 2003, 09:52 PM

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=35036&st=420

Note: it's best to put the collmenu css style directly in your index.php

Edited by hjp

Are you talking about the COOLMENU, because I don't see that you are using it on either of you links.

But if you wish to pace it on the right side you could either ajust the menu placement in the ../includes/coolmenu.pnp file

oCMenu.fromLeft=0 // try to put another number

oCMenu.fromTop=0 // in top or left other than zero

or you could do it another way like described in my post of Dec 9 2003, 09:52 PM

That doesn't do it as the menu needs to be locked in the Catagories box and it isn't

Best Regards

That doesn't do it as the menu needs to be locked in the Catagories box and it isn't

The method mentioned in the quote does it.

thanks i will but how can i use one for the english and the other one for the arabic ?

If you want to do something else in you coolmenu.php depending on the language chosen you could do something like this:

<?

echo "<script>";

if ($language=="english"){

echo "oCMenu.fromLeft=0";

}

else{

echo "oCMenu.fromLeft=200";// or whatever

}

?>

thanks i will but how can i use one for the english and the other one for the arabic ?

If you want to do something else in you coolmenu.php depending on the language chosen you could do something like this:

<?

echo "<script>";

if ($language=="english"){

echo "oCMenu.fromLeft=0";

}

else{

echo "oCMenu.fromLeft=200";// or whatever

}

?>

I wish someone would post an easy installation for this mod, where the code goes and what it does, how to lock it into the catagories menu, have the code and files to edit to have pulldown menus in the Catagories with sub menus, etc. This gets to confusing for me.

I like the top menu, but would like to put it in the catagories box and lock it there.

Best Regards

What is the matter with the solution that I have refered to?

After having installed the coolmenu in the normal way you only have to change 3 files:

1: /catalog/includes/coolmenu.php

2: /catalog/includes/footer.php

3: /catalog/includes/boxes/coolmenu.php

Hi everyone.

Problem I hope can be fixed easily.

I made all the changes to each file that was specified to in the installation notes. The menu displays and works nicely but is over-lapping my header image. Any genius solutions would be appreciated.

Click Here

Thanks, Dave.

Actually, I found the file that enables me to edit the position of the coolMenu, it is now out of the way of the header BUT it is over-lapping my other info boxes, this seems like a CSS problem but I'm dumbfounded at this time...

Any ideas are appreciated. : )

Dave

Ok I've narrowed it down to the fact that there is another blank info box behind the coolMenu, apparently it helps in the alignment of the boxes under it, so the question remaining is how to do i edit the height of the shadow box, the only behind the coolMenu? I'm looking though so don't get me wrong : )

Dave

thank you, did found it myself :glee: well now others can take a gander through this post and eventually get fixes for their problems with this menu as i have

in coolMenu.php in the includes folder AND NOT the boxes folder, there is a $height variable, I just changed it to match the actual height of my coolMenu and therefore the coolMenu was not overlapping any of my info boxes. Now the shadow menu pushes the info boxes beneath it to their appropriate positions.

Nice. sorta, I though it was a "clean" install however, I loved the little hack.

Thanks girls:guys..!

but alas, my troubles still linger, dumbdy dumb can't change the value in the shadow box's heading from coolMenu to one of my liking, see, I would like to use the header of the shadow box as the header of my new coolMenu, I look for the value "coolMenu" in errr, I believe the important and pertinent ones but let me check out the JS file first, just in case. : )

Dave

Nope, didn't find it in THERE so, ...