osCommerce

The e-commerce.

coolMenu

Keyser Soze

Is it a bug?

When we move mouse over the menu, the menu and sub menu dispaly, it's right

BUT, it we DO NOT click any menu, and move mouse off the menu,

the menu DID NOT disappear!

I think, it should be disappear, if not, the menu will block the view.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a bug I've heard of or seen before.

Go over your installation instructions and make sure that everything is installed correctly.

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Thanks for the feedback Jeffery.

I'm not sure why that code isn't working... must be something to do with the way I've set it up on my store, which is working fine.

You can see an example of it by clicking on my WWW button.

When I get some time, probably within a week or so, I'll review my setup and see where the problem is... any assistance from anyone would be greatly appreciated, since I'm pretty straped for time at the minute.

Cheers,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Dear Guy...

I trying to install the code..but it seem that it is not successful..T_T..

here is what i do.

1.) Replace the following line in your catalog/includes/column_left.php file:

REPLACE:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

BY:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'coolmenu.php');

2.) I add this script in too all file in /catalog , I didnot put this script in other folder at all.

So, add these 3 lines to every file in your catlog-directory between the <body>-Tag and the including of header.php:

<!-- coolMenu //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php'); ?>

<!-- coolMenu_eof //-->

3. I add this script to all file in /catalog as the number 2

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/menu_animation.js"></SCRIPT>

4. I do add a script in the stylesheet.ccs

After i did it all, I run it from DEVPHP program with Apache. But the result that i have it nothing.

everything page still display..but only the Categoires menu is change to Cool Menu..and I cannot found any categoires at all..and yes..When first go..i got this message too ..

" A Runtime erroe has occured , Do you wish to Debug ??

Line 19 : Erroe " MakeCM " is undefined "

What should i do ??

Please help me ..

Thank you

hey guy...

I got it now..But I still curious about it..

After i upload the file to the web server..and it working fine..

but why when i test it on apache, It didn;t show up ??

Hi all,

I was wandering if cool menu would work on the header like this

Clicking on the category 1 would place the sub category under

Category 1 - Category 2 - Category 3 etc etc

Sub_cat 1 - Sub_cat2 - Sub_category3

if it only works replacing the category on the left column, can someone direct me to one menu that would work on the header?

Thanks

And sorry for the intrution..

Hi,

I installed CoolMenu with ms1 and it works fine, after i tried to install this great plug-in on ms2 and when i click on a category i see only this message:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: productlistingbox in d:\easyphp\www\milestone\catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php on line 143...

CoolMenu works only on ms1 or i committed some mistakes?

Thanks a lot.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: productlistingbox in d:\easyphp\www\milestone\catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php on line 143...

coolmenu works fine with MS 2, and your error isn't nessecarily caused by CM in the first place.

Your page needs the productlistingbox class, which is in classes/boxes.php - and your application_top.php says where that's supposed to be (usually require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'boxes.php'); ) Somewhere in your code some part is missing or a path is wrong, or it's a typo, maybe try productListingBox (capital B and L) in product_listing.php.... anyways, many possibilities.

;)

Nils

Edited by Nils P.

i?m still asking me why coolmenu istn?t working with the admin option:

"Use search-engine safe urls for all site links"

anybody know?s the facts?

or anybody has a solution to work the menu with that option i really need?

best regards,

Harald

Hi to everyone.

I installed CoolMenu on my site, but people told me that it works wrong with IE 5.5. (with IE 6.0. all fine) Look at it, please, and help me with this problem.

BRGDS

With IE 5.5 menu doesn`t displays at the category box, it displays at the top of site. And subcat-s doesn`t appear at the right, it appears at the bottom of menu (sorry for my english :rolleyes: )

This post should solve a few issues... some have already been resolved in earlier post, though some people are not willing to do the 'hard yards'and read through 38 pages. I personally would recommend reading through them so you learn a lot more about the way the menu works... but here's some tips anyway.

If your menu is hovering over the rest of your page, this is probably due the 'require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php');' code being called after the category box.

This next tip will solve the first problem, and also the issue of the menu appearing on the page in mid-air before the rest of the page is loaded. This will ensure that the menu loads in sync with the categories box.

In catalog\includes\boxes\coolmenu.php find this at the top of the file:

<?php
/* ------------------------------------------------

?coolMenu for osCommerce
?
?author:	Andreas Kothe 
?url: ?http://www.oddbyte.de

?Released under the GNU General Public License
?
?------------------------------------------------ 
*/

?>
<!-- coolMenu //-->

<!-- copyright 2003 Andreas Kothe - www.oddbyte.de // -->

and add the following after it as per below:

<?php
/* ------------------------------------------------

?coolMenu for osCommerce
?
?author:	Andreas Kothe 
?url: ?http://www.oddbyte.de

?Released under the GNU General Public License
?
?------------------------------------------------ 
*/

?>
<!-- coolMenu //-->

<!-- copyright 2003 Andreas Kothe - www.oddbyte.de // -->
<?php
/* CoolMenu - BOF */
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php');
/* CoolMenu - EOF */
?>

Now you can remove all copies of the following from the body tags of your other files:

<!-- coolMenu //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php'); ?>
<!-- coolMenu_eof //-->

This also works well if you have several other files, like links pages, FAQ pages, etc. since the code gets called with the menu... if you don't call the menu, then the code isn't parsed for no reason. :rolleyes:

Also, in catalog\includes\application_top.php add the following to the end of the file before the final '?>':

/* Cool Menu - BOF */
?>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/menu_animation.js"></SCRIPT>
<?php }
/* Cool Menu - BOF */

By doing this, you can also remove the other instances of it from the <head> tags of all your files. :D

Hope this helps... let me know if you come across any problems with these tips.

Cheers,

Tony

I did that and the menu show up perfect works fine but when i pres the checkout i get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at d:\apache\htdocs\includes\application_top.php:522) in d:\apache\htdocs\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

can anybody help?

Paul,

as I wrote two messages above yours, Andreas, the author of coolmenu, isn't active here any more, so no use addressing him, sorry...

Nils

i DO read all messages in this thread and i DO answer every email i get asking for oscommerce-coolmenu-support!

I just didn't release a new version because i had to learn for my "Informatik-Vordiplom" (comparable to the "Bachelor") and had A LOT of trouble with the owner of the "Geraeteland"-Shop, because more than 50% of all emails to info (at) geraeteland.de have been emails asking for oscommerce or coolmenu-support and not for STIHL-chainsaws... :(

I recognized last week that someone else released a newer version of the coolmenu without asking me for permission (an email would have been enough.... <_< ).

And i'm getting more than 10 emails per week asking for strange problems which never appeared before, maybe they are caused by the new version, i didn't check it yet.

And do you know how many people are asking me for missing files, because "Marc Zacher" did NOT add the original coolmenu-files to his ZIP-File??? :blink:

Edited by Keyser Soze

CODE

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at d:\apache\htdocs\includes\application_top.php:522) in d:\apache\htdocs\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

You need to go into application_top and go to the last > and delete the white space and save

Hi again,

I am sorry to be ***** but I can't make it work... I have the category infobox shown with NO categories... and an error on page..

I would appreciate if someone using coolMenu in a MS2 would send me the files needed so I can check what wrong in mine.

catalog/includes/coolmenu.php

catalog/includes/menu_animation.js

catalog/includes/boxes/coolmenu.php

I would appreciat any help

Thanks

PS.. [email protected]

OK OK.

After having gone thought 40 pages of theat I have found the problem and I posted here for the benefit of new comer of the nice cooLmenu contributions

I will NOT WORK if in the category there is an apostrophy (')..

ie. in italian language one would say: "sott'olio" ..... the coulMeny doesn't like and wouldn't work. it must be "sottolio" without the (')

Hope I will help someone else....

Salvo

CODE

You need to go into application_top and go to the last > and delete the white space and save

ok i did that when i just do it as it says it gives this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in d:\apache\htdocs\includes\application_top.php on line 522

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\apache\htdocs\index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT' (include_path='.;d:\apache\php\pear') in d:\apache\htdocs\index.php on line 33

if i remove that } it works but i get this same error even after removing the last emty line of is that not what you meant?

so i still get

thanks in advance Michael

How is coolmenu with thousands of products in categories...does it slow browsing down? Does it query each time it loads? I've installed it successfully, and have 500 products categorized. However I hesitate in going forward with indexing 500 more products if it is going to slow it down...I'll develop another workaround.

Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

posting it on the new page otherways people wont read :( sorry if not allowed

QUOTE (chfields @ Oct 4 2003, 07:21 AM)

CODE

ok i did that when i just do it as it says it gives this error

CODE

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in d:\apache\htdocs\includes\application_top.php on line 522

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\apache\htdocs\index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT' (include_path='.;d:\apache\php\pear') in d:\apache\htdocs\index.php on line 33

if i remove that } it works but i get this same error even after removing the last emty line of is that not what you meant?

so i still get

CODE

thanks in advance Michael