osCommerce

The e-commerce.

coolMenu

Keyser Soze

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the closest so far, it sits where it should about 90% off time but sometimes when I refresh or restore down I it is moving out of place.

Are you geting the same through your browser?

It is the closest so far, it sits where it should about 90% off time but sometimes when I refresh or restore down I it is moving out of place.

Are you geting the same through your browser?

It works.

I think the reason why it is moving out of place is, that you do a resize before your browser has finished loading your pages. If you do that, resize won't be triggered.

Your page is slow to load (what is your upload speed?) and therefore that will happen.

Oh yeah! Nice one. Thanks for help on this. You went above and beyond the call of duty.

If you would like a dvd for your trouble then take your pick. Email me it with your address.

Again, thanks alot!

A simple way to add a hard link (or two or three) at the end of your coolmenu (probably mentioned elsewhere in this forum):

At around line 209 of coolmenu.php, just before the closing ?>:

echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_4\',\'\',\'Contact\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '\')';

top_4 says "fourth top link on the menu," Contact is what the link will say, and the final bit is the link itself (in this case linking to contact_us.php).

after the order processes(authorize.net), on the order completed screen, the menu disappears. It only disappears on that page though. I double checked the CHECKOUT_SUCCUESS.PHP file, and the changes for coolmenu are the same as any other page. Any ideas? Is it suppose to be like that? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
A simple way to add a hard link (or two or three) at the end of your coolmenu (probably mentioned elsewhere in this forum):

At around line 209 of coolmenu.php, just before the closing ?>:

echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_4\',\'\',\'Contact\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '\')';

top_4 says "fourth top link on the menu," Contact is what the link will say, and the final bit is the link itself (in this case linking to contact_us.php).

I can get this to work for one additional link, but not for more than one. I've got this towards the end of coolmenu.php:

echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_4\',\'\',\'Build a System\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILD_A_SYSTEM) . '\')';
echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_5\',\'\',\'Contact\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '\')';

This produces the following in the page source:

oCMenu.makeMenu('top_4','','Build a System','http://www.wrds.net/entertainment/build_a_system.php?osCsid=30ccc2dc9935c4beb5105d8e4d09b116')
oCMenu.makeMenu('top_5','','Contact','http://www.wrds.net/entertainment/contact_us.php?osCsid=30ccc2dc9935c4beb5105d8e4d09b116')	

// create menu
 oCMenu.construct()

...but the menu isn't displaying on the page. If I comment out either of the two lines in coolmenu.php, the menu displays.

Is there some limitation here? I am not understanding this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Michael

Is there any way to integrate this into the admin controlled infobox module as without the categories been defined on the left column php theres no way to replace it.

I can get this to work for one additional link, but not for more than one. I've got this towards the end of coolmenu.php:

echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_4\',\'\',\'Build a System\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILD_A_SYSTEM) . '\')';
echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_5\',\'\',\'Contact\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '\')';

This produces the following in the page source:

oCMenu.makeMenu('top_4','','Build a System','http://www.wrds.net/entertainment/build_a_system.php?osCsid=30ccc2dc9935c4beb5105d8e4d09b116')
oCMenu.makeMenu('top_5','','Contact','http://www.wrds.net/entertainment/contact_us.php?osCsid=30ccc2dc9935c4beb5105d8e4d09b116')	

?// create menu
?oCMenu.construct()

...but the menu isn't displaying on the page. If I comment out either of the two lines in coolmenu.php, the menu displays.

Is there some limitation here? I am not understanding this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Michael

I am having this problem as well...

-Dennis

I am having this problem as well...

-Dennis

I'm sorry I didn't post back here, I did fix this. It's totally inelegant, but it works.

All you need is a line break between the different oCMenu lines, but you can't use \n or \r, I'm not sure why. So what I did was close the <?php ... ?> tags between each line:

?>	

<?php
// putting this here in order to force a line break - \n was not working
?>

<?php
// putting this here in order to force a line break - \n was not working
echo 'oCMenu.makeMenu(\'top_6\',\'\',\Home\',\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_HOME) . '\')';
?>

Silly, I know, but it works.

Michael

I need some help with coolMenu.

My menu works just fine. It brings up the categories / subcategories in a horizontal orientation right below the header - exactly how i want it!

But what I would like to do is, since i have like 12 categories.... the menu ends up being bigger than 800px and goes off the screen for most ppl.. how do i

1. define a width and have the menu begin on a new line with the next categories

ie. menu(1) menu(2) .. menu(x) {until 800px}

menu(x+1) menu(x+2) ... menu(n)

OR

2. specify a width for the menu so that once items width total reachs that.. it begins on the second line....

any ideas?

Hello All,

I am not sure that this had been answered but, i have coolmenu with the noJS version and when i put my mouse over the menu the subcategories come up to slowly, they fade in, and they are overlapped if there is a attribute text box that is in front of it in some cases.

Any help is appreciated

Thnaks

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Think I posted this in the wrong place so I am posting here.

Hi, sorry to be a nuisance but I have cool menu working perfectly with STS and the display centered on 1024x768 but when I change to 800 x600 the menu does not move.

I have tried everything that has been posted and no change. I know I am missing something but I do not know what.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Robr

I have found a couple of things out. One was that when I commented out the height calculation in both includes/coolmenu and includes/boxes/coolmenu at the same time the box height did not alter.

Secondly I found that the following statement:

<!-- coolMenu //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php'); ?><!-- coolMenu_eof //--> was in the wrong place in the footer. I placed it at the very end of the file and then the menu disappeared altogether and I cannot get it to be visible unless I place it further up the file.

Any one any ideas?

Regards

Robr

I have found a couple of things out. One was that when I commented out the height calculation in both includes/coolmenu and includes/boxes/coolmenu at the same time the box height did not alter.

Secondly I found that the following statement:

<!-- coolMenu //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php'); ?><!-- coolMenu_eof //--> was in the wrong place in the footer. I placed it at the very end of the file and then the menu disappeared altogether and I cannot get it to be visible unless I place it further up the file.

Any one any ideas?

Regards

Robr

Not sure why you would have this in the footer. I would have thought, that the reason the menu is not being shown is because the box module is being called from the column_left section first, however, the configuration values have not been set from the coolmenu.php in the includes directory.

A simpler way of calling the includes file rather than putting it into every file in the catalog directory is to put it into the header.php file once.

simply put:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php');

in the top of the header.php file

I tried that but it still does not work. It was in the footer as per the instructions supplied by HJP.

I think I will have to do an uninstall and start from scratch. I am sure it is something that I have, or have not, done.

Robr

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, i have had coolmenu for some time now, but never enabled the cache. When i do the regular menu is present and the coolmenu is floating on top?

I searched through all teh pages btu coem to no conclusion.

Thanks

Danny

• 1 month later...

I have now implemented this menu and it fantastic, i was just wondering if anyone you please tell me how i could vertically alight the text in the level 0 of the menu bar.

Any help would be greatly appricaited.

Thanks, Tim.

• 2 months later...
I have a centered page and installed coolmenu but i can't get it in the categories box my site url is www.acefiveanddime.com/shopping

I've just looked at your page and it is not centered on my browser its using the full 1024 width.

To adjust the way your menu is showing currently, open the file "includes/coolmenu.php" (create a backup first) and amend the:

oCMenu.fromTop= value

and

oCMenu.fromLeft= value

This will move the box around inside the categories box.

Then amend the:

oCMenu.level[0].width= value

To make the width of the menu smaller, so that it will fit inside your categories box.

regards

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to install CoolMenu and have followed all of the steps but am stuck on the last one.

Not exactly sure which file this line of code is supposed to go into. When I open up database.php I'm not seeing an obvious spot to insert it. (I'm very PHP challenged!)

Here is the code:

Add the following line to the database:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (231, 'Enable Display a Dhtml menu', 'DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU', 'Default', 'Do you want to display a DHTML menu instead of the default text based?', 1, 19, '2003-03-13 01:23:23', '2003-03-07 20:37:02', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Default\', \'Dhtml\',\'CoolMenu\'),');

I've scanned a good portion of the previous posts and have not found one that answers my question. I apologize if I've missed the answer.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Deb

Hi,

I'm trying to install CoolMenu and have followed all of the steps but am stuck on the last one.

Not exactly sure which file this line of code is supposed to go into. When I open up database.php I'm not seeing an obvious spot to insert it. (I'm very PHP challenged!)

Here is the code:

I've scanned a good portion of the previous posts and have not found one that answers my question. I apologize if I've missed the answer.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Deb

Hi Deb, this is not an item of text that needs to be inserted into a php file. It is a SQL command line.

The code will insert the required field and variables into the configuration table of your shop so that you can control the menu from your admin screens.

If you have cpanel on your hosting package, open up PHPMyAdmin.

Select your shop database from the left side frame using the dropdown menu.

On the right side frame cilck on the word SQL.

A new page should be shown with a large textarea box under the title similar to "Run SQL query/queries on database "

If there is any text in this box remove it and replace it with:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (231, 'Enable Display a Dhtml menu', 'DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU', 'Default', 'Do you want to display a DHTML menu instead of the default text based?', 1, 19, '2003-03-13 01:23:23', '2003-03-07 20:37:02', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Default\', \'Dhtml\',\'CoolMenu\'),');

Click on the GO button and the sql command should be run, if successful, you will see the new option showing in your shop admins configuration section.

Best of luck

Mark :thumbsup:

Hi Deb,  this is not an item of text that needs to be inserted into a php file.  It is a SQL command line.

The code will insert the required field and variables into the configuration table of your shop so that you can control the menu from your admin screens.

If you have cpanel on your hosting package,  open up PHPMyAdmin.

Select your shop database from the left side frame using the dropdown menu.

On the right side frame cilck on the word SQL.

Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I do have Cpanel so will have a go at it in the morning.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. PHP is very new to me & I'm still trying to figure it all out. :blink:

Deb