• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

coolMenu

Keyser Soze

This is why I am confused. I checked out with Mozilla 1.01, 1.4, Netscape & your site works OK, but mine does not.

I also implemented a vanilla store from 20040402 snapshot & coolmenu (no other contributions) on a local linux server & still got the same issue - viewed from IE6 works fine, Netscape Mozilla.

Viewing the source html code in the browser, it looks identical to your store, so I can only think there may be something in the javascript which is causing the layers to be treated differently in NS/Moz.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Andreas,

I have managed to install your great contribution

rather successfully , given my poor knowledge.

http://affiliatesexcel.com

However for the German and Spanish sites,

the header section practically dissapear throwing

the menu in misalignment.

Could you please let me know which files needs to be corrected.

Just a small note: if any of your category names may contain a single quote, you need to escape it, because coolmenu generates javascript with category names in single quotes. There are many ways to do it, but the way that works for me is to change the line 152 in includes/coolmenu.php to:

echo addslashes($categories['text']);

It may be better to escape ONLY the single quotes with str_replace (especially because I think that there are some differencies in addslashes treatment of single quotes in different versions of PHP.)

May the Source be with You

I have noticed that the Cool Menu $height variable is defined by counting the amount of records in the Categories Table, this needs to be refined by adding some code to only count the records with parent id=0, as currently it counts sub categories when determining the overall box height ( defining the transparent gif height ).

Once that is done new menu options can be added and subtracted in the admin area without having to tweak this value;

$height.= 6.65*count($categories);

I am a PHP/MySQL newbie and have no idea how to do this, but I am sure one of you could do it in a couple minutes.

Thanks for all the great work on this Contribution

Stephan

OK, here it is. Instead of the line 146 in includes/coolmenu.php ($height.= 6.65*count($categories);) put:

$height = 0;

And at the end of the for-loop below, e.g. right before the line with "print_menu_line($categories[$i]..." put:

if ($depth == 0) {

$height += 20; // replace 20 with your menu-level-pixel-height

}

May the Source be with You

Thanks alot Svemir, that 90% fixed it, only for some reason it added space for one extra row of buttons, so I just put;

$height = -19; // change to your row height

then it works fantastically !

Thanks again... this forum and store are GREAT!

I've installed coolmenu, but, I don't know why, it happens what you can see in my image. It places on the left and doesn't fit to my menu box. Can anyone help me, please?

menu.gif

PD I to me I am using a translator, my ingles is very poor (alguien que hable espa?ol y me pueda ayudar? :S)

Que tal Zurich

Necesitas modificar en tu archivo coolmenu.php que esta en CATALOG/INCLUDES

Las variables

oCMenu.fromLeft=10

oCMenu.fromTop=143

La primera te da la ubicacion del menu desde la izquierda de la pantalla y la segunda desde arriba, espro esto te ayude

Ill see you in the heaven

I've installed coolmenu, but, I don't know why, it happens what you can see in my image. It places on the left and doesn't fit to my menu box. Can anyone help me, please?

Zurich, I hope you have managed to put the menu on its place.

I have noticed you have your columns centered, how does the coolmenu behave when you resize the window?

I tried to install this contribution with "centershop" but everytime I was resizing my browser window the menu "popped up" from its original place.

any :idea: ?

Raf

It DOES work with Netscape 4.5x - Netscape 7.x !!!

If you are not able to install it properly, that is not my fault!! :?

check www.geraeteland.de - This is the best proof that it works with all previously mentioned Netscape version, Mozilla, Opera, and, of course M$IE...

Well I am fairly sure that I installed exactly as per the instructions, but you are right that your shop works fine for me. I've just added it to a second install to double-check that it was not any modification I had made, but that just comes up blank under NN as well.

I'm running a few other mods on both of these stores, but I can't see that any of those would cause a problem with it.

I can't see a version number in the files, but the one I am using is dated as Feb 2003 in the readme. Am I using the latest version?

if anyone can tell me how to modify this menu to show up in aol it would relieve me of much stress. I just found out that it does not show up at all in aol and i need to fix this asap. not really sure what my options are.

thanks

There aren't any options. AOL uses a worthless browser that's based on old technology.

Translation: AOL sucks! :roll:

I suppose you could use an if that checks if the person is coming from AOL and if they are show them the stock categories menu.

There aren't any options. AOL uses a worthless browser that's based on old technology.

Translation: AOL sucks!  :roll:  

I suppose you could use an if that checks if the person is coming from AOL and if they are show them the stock categories menu.

It does? AOL uses the latest version of the Internet Explorer Engine installed by the person's operating system. In Windows XP, that would be Internet Explorer 6.0 obviously not an old and antiquated browser.

Most likely all that needs to be done is to add another check to the identification string. The best place to get an answer for this would be at www.dhtmlcentral.com where the Coolmenu script originates from.

Hi all,

I installed the enlarge and coolmenu plugin to my oscommerce.

But I have the problem to get it works.

1. the picture of product does not enlarge when you click on it if you use AOL.

2. the menu does not appear at all in AOL.

Please take a look at: www.keirankaci.com/shop/default.php

Please advice me how to fix this.

Thanks,

Dai

Translation: AOL sucks!  :roll:  

Couldn't agree more. I for one would be a much happier bunny if they ceased to be today. Unfortunately that is not too likely and a lot of people use them.

So the big question is, who has got AOL installed so that this problem can be looked at?? I really don't think I can bring myself to putting their disk in one of my machines.

One day I swear I will install AOL on a MAC just to see how bad the internet can be.