The e-commerce.

coolMenu

Keyser Soze

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, what i meant was...

The background box has a formula to match the number of categories since its dhtml.

the default is

$height.= 2.65*count($categories);

which makes the box way to small even with only 1 category.

so i changed the multiplier to 15 or so, which looks good when there are about 6 categories. if there is 12 categories it then becomes too small. but if i format it to look good for 12 then it looks bad when there are only 6 categories.

does anyone have a more accurate way of calculating this?

i've tried

$height.= 80+(12.5*count($categories));

carying the first fixed number as well as the multiplier.

any help in fine tuning this would be appreciated.

:? My CoolMenu appears first above the header not in the CoolMenu box where it is supposed to!

Any help would be great...

My site netasiatrade.com

I am using MS Windows XP Professional.

I need help with the cool menu

I dont now what happend too it

it is taking up the hole right side and i cant see anything

[/b]

1.) i don't offer support for people with "those kind of pages" like yours. :?

2.) do you know the difference between right and left :?:

Hey Keyser - Thanks for uploading the bugfixes! Try not to let the mentally handicapped people get to you... :P

I was just wondering though about:

Don?t know if it?s for compatibility reasons, but I found no need to have to insert the JavaScript at top of all my .php files. I?v integrated all the code within categories_dhtml.php making installation much easier

what happened with this? I had tried to integrate all the code into the .php file in the /includes/boxes as well, but had no success so far - I was wondering if the solution that Sebastian St-Laurent may have sent to you worked or not.

I was also starting to work on figuring out the positioning issue (making it more automatic) but I'm thinking that if all the code gets consolidated into one page as Sebastian St-Laurent had suggested, it may alter any solution I may find.

No hurry though - Don't let me distract you from your exams.

-D. M.

-D. M. 8)

Hey Keyser - Thanks for uploading the bugfixes!  Try not to let the mentally handicapped people get to you...  :P  

Please dont call me "Keyser", my name is Andreas or Andy ;)

I was just wondering though about:
Don?t know if it?s for compatibility reasons, but I found no need to have to insert the JavaScript at top of all my .php files. I?v integrated all the code within categories_dhtml.php making installation much easier

what happened with this?

some parts of the Javascript stuff have to remain in the HTML <HEAD> part...

if you place it in the the inlcudes/boxes/coolmenu.php file, and that means in the <BODY> tag, it does NOT work (except MSIE 5 and 6). :(

Regards

&y

I have the cool menu runs ok, but the position of the menu don?t stay in the same position of the column left :oops:

It?s a normal error to all of users??? or what?? :x

Anyone correct that ???

I have changed the positions but when I go to the store with other browser, the cool menu goes to the other position.

Any good coder can do a thing like that(ex):

if browser = 800x600 then

position.left = x

position.top= y

if browser = 1024 x 768 then

position.left = x

position.top = y

I try a idea like that but ............... don?t work :cry: :cry: :cry:

anyone help me?

Please :roll:

I am a new member and I have noticed tha dbGremlin complanes as much as he contributes. You do not live in a perfect world, so do not expect perfection.

Joe H. Monk [email protected]

I think there might be a problem with the way the coolMenu that was uploaded here handles identifying browser types... since the code itself seems to look ok. I'm not sure why, but the site belonging to the person who uploaded this contribution DOES work with Netscape. www.geraeteland.de/shop/catalog/ but upon closer inspection, his code creates a slightly different html page than is created by the code that he uploaded. I wish he would read this - as I think he may have inadvertently made a mistake as he was generously creating a package for us to share from the code he uses on his site.

i DID read this... but atm i have no time because i am writing a few tests during the next 2 weeks... (i'm a student)

AND i am VERY ANNOYED because a LOT OF PEOPLE ARE COPYING THE LAYOUT OF MY WEBSITE WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION:

EXAMPLE: http://www.savemedia.de/demo4/

THEREFORE N?O SUPPORT ATM. sorry :evil:

Sorry ...Andy 8)

And sorry Joe Monk. I'm not meaning to offend anyone or sound like a complainer - I just thought that it would be useful to provide observations about a particular problem so that other users having the same problem could know that they weren't the only ones, and by doing this, bring awareness of the problem to the community so the that problem could be worked on by the community. That's what these forums are for, right?

Oh, and it's dmGremlin, not dbGremlin... complains, not complanes.

infosuporte: I'm pretty sure that you have to manually set the position of the menu for the moment, though once it's set right, at least for me - it stays in the same relative position on the page regardless of screen resolution. Regardless, this is something I'm trying to come up with a fix for so that the menu automatically puts itself in the middle of the categories box wherever that box is, I'll let you know if I figure out a way to do it.

8)

-D. M. 8)

I followed directions directly but my menu is outside of the coolmenus box. I don't know where to begin. Could someone look at my site an give me some pointers as to how to fix it?

evelknievel.us/store

Thanks all.

:shock:

infosuporte:  I'm pretty sure that you have to manually set the position of the menu for the moment, though once it's set right, at least for me - it stays in the same relative position on the page regardless of screen resolution.   Regardless, this is something I'm trying to come up with a fix for so that the menu automatically puts itself in the middle of the categories box wherever that box is, I'll let you know if I figure out a way to do it.  

This is NOT possible!! You can NOT align layers relatively on your site in Netscape 4.5x! You will have to set the absolute position manually... :?

I followed directions directly but my menu is outside of the coolmenus box. I don't know where to begin.  Could someone look at my site an give me some pointers as to how to fix it?

evelknievel.us/store

Thanks all.

:shock:

why don't u just read this complete thread? i don't know how often i explained how to do this...

something I've done for the floating sizes of the transparent image under the menu...

orginally it calculates the size by

$height.= 2.6*count($categories);

This seems to count everything in the categories, including the sub categories, making everything wierd when it generates the size because adding something to a nested category won't change size of the top.

And vise versa.

But I notced that the script already defines the top layer so i added this:

$categories[$i]['text'] = substr($categories[$i]['text'], 12*$blank_length);

print_menu_line($categories[$i], $depth_size,$depth_parentid, $depth);

// MOD

if($depth == 0) { $top_thingy++; }

}

$height.= ($top_thingy*26)-4;

// END

It's towards the bottom of /includes/coolmenu.php , around line 207.

It counts only the top categories.

The "*26" is used because it is the acutal size of the individual top layer box. (oCMenu.level[0].height=26)

"-4" was just an adjustment to make a perfect fit.

it seems to work for me. :)

I have found that you don't have to add code to every single page in the main catalogs in order to make this function. Simply add the two lines in this order:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/menu_animation.js"></SCRIPT>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php'); ?>

at the VERY top of includes/header.php (before the first <?php...) and there you go. I'm not sure what the consequences as far as compatibility are if you do this. I know that after I did it this way, the menu didn't work in Netscape 4.7, but it still works in IE5, 6 and Netscape 6.

To preserve the previous functionality, you'd simply have to copy the javascript part back between the <head> tags - as putting the coolmenu.php require at the top of the header.php still puts it in the right place. Couldn't figure out a way to universally place the javascript part without manually entering each one.

Anyone who cares to try this please let me know if it worked for you and what browser you were using... or if you're a DHTML god you could just tell me how putting the javascript in the <body> would affect things.

:!:

-D. M.

-D. M. 8)

I did check it out with IE 5.5 and Netscape 6.x on Win200 and on a Mac (OS 9). Here are the results:

On Win2000 for both browsers, everything worked great!

On Mac OS9.1 both worked just as expected although the Mac version of the browsers had a more difficult time rendering. Everything looks just fine, only the performance has a bit of a lag -- nothing that would really hamper any rollout.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I have managed the coolmenu to appear right in the center of my "product menu" column by modifying

//Menu properties

oCMenu.pxBetween=0

oCMenu.fromLeft=134

oCMenu.fromTop=87

and

$height.= 6.65*count($categories);

but

when I am resizing my window it doesn't appear right, take a look: www.evitagems.com/catalog - when my window is maximized looks all right but only then...

I have "center shop" installed with no background and borders.

How to fix that?

I appreciate any help...

R

I have found that you don't have to add code to every single page in the main catalogs in order to make this function.  Simply add the two lines in this order:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/menu_animation.js"></SCRIPT>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php'); ?>

at the VERY top of includes/header.php (before the first <?php...) and there you go.  I'm not sure what the consequences as far as compatibility are if you do this.  I know that after I did it this way, the menu didn't work in Netscape 4.7, but it still works in IE5, 6 and Netscape 6.  

To preserve the previous functionality, you'd simply have to copy the javascript part back between the <head> tags - as putting the coolmenu.php require at the top of the header.php still puts it in the right place.  Couldn't figure out a way to universally place the javascript part without manually entering each one.

It does NOT work with

- OPera <6 for Windoze

- OPera <5.01 for Solaris

- Netscape 4.5x - 4.7x (and of course <4.5x :) )

- Konqueror

if you don't put the javascript into the <HEAD> tag.

Hi, this is my 1st post.

Andreas, I have installed the coolmenu on my site & it works brilliantly in IE6 - positioning function etc works perfectly.

I have a problem when the site is viewed in Mozilla or Konquerer in that the menu appears above the logo etc & does not function correctly.

Any thoughts on where I have gone wrong?

Thansk

Steve

:?: mozilla should work fine...

at least the menu on my site www.geraeteland.de works fine with mozilla/netscape, and thats EXACTLY the same version than the coolMenu 1.2 version i released on oscommerce.com in the contributions-section.