• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout and Shipping

blaine109

I am having a problem with the cart not sending the shipping charges to PayPal. On the checkout_shipping.php page it correctly displays the available shipping methods and prices. If the order is completed by paying with a Credit Card on the site itself everything works fine. However, if the customer chooses the PayPal Express option it does not include the shipping.

When the customer chooses PayPal Express it takes them to the PayPal login page where they login, choose their funding source, shipping info, etc. and returns them to the checkout_confirmation.php page and the shipping charges are not shown. If the customer finishes the transaction the shipping charges are not included in the payment.

Now this is interesting. If i clear the cart and add the item again while still logged in it bypasses the PayPal login page (cause you're still logged in) and it displays the correct shipping charges/method on the checkout_confirmation.php page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Blaine

I am having a similar problem and am using UPSXML with dimensional support to calculate my shipping exactly. Within OSC, the shipping is calculating 100% accurately when verified against UPS.com. It shows for example my packages dimensional weight is 2lbs and the shipping is 13.34. When the buyer clicks paypal checkout and logins in to paypal and hits continue, it brings them back to our final confirmation page but paypal has passed back a shipping charge of 17.12.

I put in a ticket with paypal and this was their response:

So osCommerce is calculating the weight and passing that to us? Why are they not tracking the information internally. If they are sending the information to us but we are not returning the same value I would need all of the API requests and API responses that osCommerce is doing to look into this further.

These are questions you would have your developer look deeper into. The request is the things oscommerce sends to us. The responses are things we send back to oscommerce telling them if its good or an error. How to get this information you would need to look into the documentation of oscommerce. If shipping is not calculated correctly you would have to find exactly where its breaking. Please have a developer look deeper into this issue or reply with the request and response.

Edited by busterw

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this problem , i have tickled the option at the end of shipping options at paypal profile, but with no luck, i also have to say that i when i click checkout express botton without being logged, it sends me to the login page at oscommerce instead of creating the account from paypal information, anyways it doesnt sum up my delivery charges even if i go throught the shipping selecting process.

Cheers

Javier

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

• 2 months later...

I also have this problem , i have tickled the option at the end of shipping options at paypal profile, but with no luck, i also have to say that i when i click checkout express botton without being logged, it sends me to the login page at oscommerce instead of creating the account from paypal information, anyways it doesnt sum up my delivery charges even if i go throught the shipping selecting process.

Cheers

Javier

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to fix this problem as it has been a problem with me for a long time.

Jonathan

I've have at least figured out why... I posted this in the shipping module area,

and am cross posting it here, as this is a Paypal problem.

"OK, I have found the issue. I have two modules, Paypal credit/debit, Paypal standard

(not the new one). In the credit/debit, I have "force shipping address" on. If

the customer uses this one, the correct shipping amount is included in the price

sent to Paypal. With the paypal standard there is no option to set this.

As a result, for whatever reason, and this is Paypal's fault, this information is

not acknowledge by Paypal, and the customer has to enter their zip code again at

the top of the Paypal page and Paypal then calculates the shipping, which is always $0.

As a result, there is a conflict between what Paypal attempts to charge and what

oscommerce expects to be paid.

I am going to attempt to install the newest, fancy Paypal module and see if this

fixes the issue, but in the meantime, the only option is to turn off the one

Paypal module and keep the credit/debit payment module active with the "force

shipping address" selection on."

Edited by adoniram7

• 4 weeks later...

"OK, I have found the issue. I have two modules, Paypal credit/debit, Paypal standard

the customer uses this one, the correct shipping amount is included in the price

"

Hi, sorry im having this problem too, but i have noticed that it is when customers have addresses that are not in my zones, they have shortened or left out there county, is they a way to force them to enter there adress in oscommerce.

stu

I've have at least figured out why... I posted this in the shipping module area,

and am cross posting it here, as this is a Paypal problem.

As a result, for whatever reason, and this is Paypal's fault, this information is

not acknowledge by Paypal, and the customer has to enter their zip code again at

the top of the Paypal page and Paypal then calculates the shipping, which is always $0.

As a result, there is a conflict between what Paypal attempts to charge and what

oscommerce expects to be paid.

I am going to attempt to install the newest, fancy Paypal module and see if this

fixes the issue, but in the meantime, the only option is to turn off the one

Paypal module and keep the credit/debit payment module active with the "force

shipping address" selection on."

In Payal profile setting there is an option to over ride Shipping(currency based setting .Might be You have that set to true.)

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. Recently, paypal introduced a 'streamline your payments option'. You may have noticed that you can remain logged on now on your mobile phone, whereas previously you had to input your password every time. When people buy on ebay and pay, they see a paypal page and are asked to tick the box. this saves their password (with paypal), and next time they buy it pays automatically, no confirming, no 'are you sure!'

When people have saved their password is when I get a problem. Firstly it imports their main paypal address, which is invariably not complete, not the address they wanted, or input very sloppy.

The second problem is when the attempt to upgrade their postage on paypal. i.e, it doesn't take the extra payment, shows on paypal as though they have chosen that postage, but still says he same on the invoice (the correct amount).

On my site everyone HAS to register before going to checkout, I removed the 'Express' link (this allows people to go to checkout with out logging into your site, creating a guest account after they pay) - it is still there but not visible! I think that is why I am having less problems than most of you. However, the problems seem to be Paypals though I spent 1 hour on the phone to them and got no where!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.