• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Extra Fields contribution support

Support thread for : Product Extra Fields

Couldn't find a support thread for this contribtuion so thought I'd start one, and ask a question at the same time.

I installed version Product Extra Fields 2.0j and it works perfectly, apart from one thing:

If I need to change/update a product extra field value via admin the values I previously entered into extra fields don’t get loaded into the text boxes from the database. This means I have to re-enter all the values again, so that when I click update they're not over written as blank to the database.

I have probably missed something in the instructions and I have checked and tried many things but without success. Some guidance would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

I would like to show in my XML feed the 3 new fields that I have created, but I dont know how to call them.

I have a field called "Genre" in the administration panel.

Here is what I tried in the php page used for the xml feed:

$output .= '<Genre><![CDATA['. $products_extra_fields['value'] .']]></gender>';

$output .= '<category type="genre"><![CDATA['. $extra_fields['Genre'] .']]></category>';

I dont really understand what I'm doing, and it is naturally not working. :(

I welcome any kind of help! :)

Thanks in advance!