• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Well looky here... another site powered by OsCommerce :lol:

dreamscape

It's way smoother than it was the last week or so that I have peeked at the site so it is making a positive difference.

Glad you found it was just a little slip up of having it turned off. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee someone has just popped my bubble, I see now that what I thought were artisans could be mere template users...

Seriously, do you buy templates? I've always made everything from scratch, too tight to pay for something worth while.

Where would be a good place to get them then?

K

When the going get's tough,

the tough get going.

Seriously, do you buy templates? I've always made everything from scratch, too tight to pay for something worth while.

templatemonster (.com) - if I put it as a link I would be accused by the OscKops of commercial advertising :roll: :wink:

There are some really nice ones there - it does take a fair amount of work to get the Osc site integrated into the template - but it is possible to get fairly close. Depending upon how "Osc Fluent" you are and the template you choose, you'd be looking at anywhere between a day, and a couple of months...

The only problem is that the people who make the templates go overboard, and some things they have done on their templates simply isn't possible to do when you are calling data from a database.

Well, everything is possible, but some things really are too much work, and end up costing too much in time/cash to get exactly as per template. But it's certainly possible to get 95% look of the template "Osc-ised".

hth

Thanks burt.

I've had a look at their site, gosh there are lots to choose from. Do you know if people often bother with the exclusive option? i.e. they remove the template from their books (not to mention the people who may have already bought it).

K

When the going get's tough,

the tough get going.

I'm (personal opinion only) thinking that most people don't bother with the "buyout" option, as;

- all of the people who downloaded before you bought out, are entitled to still use the design

- it's a bit expensive to buy-out

The download stats show that most templates don't get an awful lot of buyers, and with the number of sites on the net right now it would be difficult to find two the same.

Though I do know of two Osc sites using the same template - but even so they do look quite different...

hth

Gee someone has just popped my bubble, I see now that what I thought were artisans could be mere template users...

yeah it was a template. Sure I could have spent many a day trying to come up something that looked good and both my partner and I were happy with...

I saw this template over at templatemonster and thought, "I can make this work", so I showed it to my partner and he agreed.

It was just a efficency thing. I would have spent much more time trying to get a good design that worked well than I spent putting the template into OSC... though I did spend a fair amount of time fitting the template into OSC.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

It can not be taken away from you that you have managed to make a damn good template based site.

And if more ppl did this then it would change the face and impressions ppl have of OSC.

I think it is an EXCELLENT job you have done on your site mate. :bigups:

CC.

Archived