• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Well looky here... another site powered by OsCommerce :lol:

dreamscape

I want the login/sign up page!!!! And a matching one for my affiliate login/registration!

:lol:

I like the "stamp" in the header on the right.

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah yeah, I see now.  OK, the only thing you need to change then is those awful little tabs - they don't line up when they are "live"..and they need some anti-aliasing.

Then you'll be set.

All they do when I highlight them is add an underline, the size/lineup doesn't change. I have IE6. I'm going over to NS7 to take a look.

burt could you maybe be a little more specific about "not linning up when live"... there was a problem with them in Opera 6.0 when I was developing that I fixed... could you maybe tell me what browser you are running or maybe post a screenshot so I can see exactly what it is... thanks.

Sure. NS4.6 is fine. I haven't checked in Opera or NS/Mozzy. IE6 is 2 pixels out on each button, which wouldn't notice to an average punter.

The buttons need anti-aliasing to make them smoother around the edges - they really do not look as professional as the rest of the site.

IE6 is 2 pixels out on each button, which wouldn't notice to an average punter.

yeah I figured thats what u meant... came from the line above the tab being drawn by CSS... I've split each tab up into 2 tables.. also anti-aliased the corners... should look better now :D

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

IE6 is 2 pixels out on each button, which wouldn't notice to an average punter.

yeah I figured thats what u meant... came from the line above the tab being drawn by CSS... I've split each tab up into 2 tables.. also anti-aliased the corners... should look better now :D

Perfect :) Tabs are 1000% better, and no misalignment/css problem either.

Phew, I was about to post that I must be blind cause they are lined up perfectly when I look at them! :) Thought I was losing it!

d

I like the modified product listing and the featured product listing. I can see where it would be useful for some sites more than others. Are you considerinig releasing it as a mod? Or is it too integrated with your own application?

Debbie

I released the code for the layout of the featured products to the author of Cieto featured products... whether he released it to the public of not, I dunno....

it is also in the Cieto featured products thread...

the products listing is the same code as the featured products, but uses the variables the product listing returns instead.

- Edmund Burke

this is getting a litle O/T but loxly, here are the 2 threads of the Cieto featured products that contain the code (well not exactly the code, but a starting point) I did:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33240

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28561

- Edmund Burke

Hi, Nice site !

In my opinion I would seperate the more info::Buy now graphic into two

pieces.

Maybe have them in slightly different colours ?

or keep the same colours for the images and sepearte them.

(so that buy now is in far right corner ?)

:MORE INFO: :BUY NOW:

Really neat site! Clean crisp and .........NewAge

Special Effects / 3d + Flash

• 2 months later...
What happened to all the cool stuff?????

The cool stuff didn't sell, so it wasn't so cool after all

And the graphics and stuff???

The graphics are long gone. where it used to be live on the server, madmacgames.com now sits. where it used to be locally on my PC, I have replaced it with a test&development OSC install to test contributions on and develop code before I place it into madmac.

sorry loxly... I may have a screenshot or something still lying around somewhere :D

- Edmund Burke

Wow, the graphics were great and you had some really need page mods, you ditched it all? That is a tragedy. Email people before you do stuff like that :(

Not that I am being picky or anything Josh, but that double line under the Strategy category on your webpage bugs the hell out of me. :lol:

Everytime I look at your site, I see that straight away!

Could you fix it just for me? :lol:

BTW - Here is the bog standard version of that themed site, we made a sideline company out of that theme, your does look much better tho. :wink:

www.ctechhost.net

(P.S. - That is not me advertising, I'm just showing the coincidence thats all. :wink: )

Not that I am being picky or anything Josh, but that double line under the Strategy category on your webpage bugs the hell out of me.  :lol:  

Everytime I look at your site, I see that straight away!

Could you fix it just for me?  :lol:

its there to make a break between the real categories and the other links like new releases, coming soon, best sellers, etc... and u are the only one to complain about it, so for now I guess you'll have to go nuts :lol:

- Edmund Burke

its there to make a break between the real categories and the other links like new releases, coming soon, best sellers, etc... and u are the only one to complain about it, so for now I guess you'll have to go nuts

Arse!

It just dont look right, couldnt you have created a slightly different colour line or something?

I'm just tinking out loud thats all.

I can live with it really... :wink:

I dont own a Mac, so it aint a ig problem anyhoo... :lol:

BTW - Here is the bog standard version of that themed site, we made a sideline company out of that theme, your does look much better tho.  :wink:  

www.ctechhost.net

(P.S. - That is not me advertising, I'm just showing the coincidence thats all.  :wink: )

yeah someone else showed that to me... or was it you... deja vu?

yeah not the same template... but definately by the same author... I think I remember seeing that one on templatemonster

- Edmund Burke

Yeh it was thats right.

We couldnt be arsed to go to town on something that would be a side line for our business, and basically a totally different department would be running that side of it, so we just bought the template and banged it together.

It looks ok and does the job...

Where do you get templates from?

I find template monster and... oooh i forgot the name of the other big one, but anyway, they do some great inspiring stuff!

Where do you look?

Josh ... is it my imagination or did you do something to speed up your madmacgames.com site? It's running really nice right now and not sure if it's the hour or an improvement.

Josh ... is it my imagination or did you do something to speed up your madmacgames.com site? It's running really nice right now and not sure if it's the hour or an improvement.

Hey Linda... earlier today I re-enabled ZLib output compression. I disabled it when our switched to php 4.3 cause when errors occured it just returned a blank page. I forgot to turn it back on after I got the errors fixed. Also my host just got mod_gzip fixed today (it was running with a nasty bug where images reloaded, etc..)... I had disabled it to keep my site from constantly reloading the images... so I guess both mod_gzip and zLib output compression are running. dunno if one overrides the other or if they are both running together, but load time does seem much improved.

- Edmund Burke

good lord let me try that paragraph again.. lol

Hey Linda... earlier today I re-enabled ZLib output compression. I had disabled it when our host switched to php 4.3. When errors occured it just returned a blank page. I forgot to turn it back on after I had gotten the errors fixed. Also my host just fixed mod_gzip today (it was causing images to reload with every page click)... I had disabled mod_gzip to keep my site from constantly reloading the images... I've un-disabled mod_gzip as well after my host fixed it. Now both mod_gzip and zLib output compression are running. I dunno if one overrides the other or if they are both running together, but load time does seem much improved.

- Edmund Burke

Archived