• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize vs. Captures

ulcseminary

For the last week, unbeknownst to me, my shopping module was changed from 'authorize' to 'capture'.

So, the orders for the last week have not been processed. How do I process them? I wondered why I hadn't gotten a settlement report.

Is there an easy way to process them all at once? If not, how do I go about processing them at all?

I'm a little freaked.

Thanks.

--Amy

You should be able to login to whatever account you have setup, authorize.net, paypal, etc., and change them there.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, I changed it back to 'authorize', as oppose to capture, but what about the orders that already came through?

Will they automatically be sent now to be authorized? I don't know how that works and it's stressful to think I may miss out on a week's worth of orders.

Plus, a lot of those have been filled already since my order gal thought they were processed.

How do I get those existing orders to be processed?

They haven't been sent to authorize.net so I can't do anything on that end. They need to be sent for processing. And in the oscommerce, the full credit card number doesn't show, so I can't run them by hand.

Thanks.

Edited by ulcseminary

OK, now that we know what module you are using, it should be easier to find a solution. In the authorize.net modules I know of, the options are "authorize and capture" and "authorize." It should be set to the first one, which it sounds like it is from your original post. What is the actual setting?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, it appears you are using RC2 (not sure why you don't want to provide details but that's OK). I'll assume you are using the AIM module. Be sure that both the server and the mode are set to live. If you place an order and it doesn't show up in your authorize.net account at all, then you have something wrong with the setup, either in your settings or in your authorize.net account. If it does show up in your account, then you can use the virtual terminal to complete the order, though you shouldn't have to.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not trying to avoid providing details. I am just retarded and don't know what to provide. This is what it says:

Info Version: 1.0 (online status)

Visit Authorize.net Website

Enable Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

True

Login ID

xxxxxx

Transaction Key

xxxxxx

MD5 Hash

Transaction Server

Live

Transaction Mode

Live

Transaction Method

Authorization

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Order Received

Sort order of display.

cURL Program Location

/usr/bin/curl

It should be set to capture. But in either case, you should be able to use the virtual terminal to handle the orders so you need to look into that.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Oh, okay. So it was supposed to be set to capture.

I have been able to use the virtual terminal to put the orders in by hand, but that doesn't fix the problem that new orders still aren't being processed.

And I have to call all the people who put orders in before to get their cc info again.

I've already had one person, who already got his order, basically tell me 'tough luck. God works in mysterious ways.'

When in authorize mode, the charge is enabled and verified but just not processed. So you shouldn't need any card information - it has already been approved. You may want to talk to your authorize.net rep since you should be able to complete those charges without any credit card information. In fact, having the credit card information could cause you PCI compliance problems so it is not something that is needed.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem is that authorize.net doesn't seem to be getting the information.

Instead, my orders look like this:

Credit Card Type: Visa

Credit Card Owner: Suzie Sample

Credit Card Number: 4420XXXXXXXX7121

Credit Card Expires: 0310

I haven't changed anything. It says that it was paid by credit card, but it no longer is being sent to authorize.net. I can't imagine what has changed to make it suddenly stop sending the information. I went through the older orders and it seems that one or two orders were sent around the 21st, but then it stopped completely on the 25th. Also, when I looked on the batch settlement dates, it doesn't show anything past that date. This is odd to me because before I would get a settlement report of $0 if there weren't any sales that day. It wouldn't show up in the search reports, but I would've at least gotten the email saying I had nothing.

It could be a number of things but will be difficult to determine without speaking to your rep. But if you don't want to do that (I've mentioned it several times now), then you are going to have a harder time fixing it, I think. Good luck.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have talked to the authorize.net people and I don't have a rep for the oscommerce (thus why I'm here). The authorize.net people's only suggestion was to change my key, which I did and it still doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not ignoring your advice, but I don't know who exactly I'm supposed to ask now and what I'm supposed to ask them.

I have explained the situation to 3 different authorize.net reps and they say that if they aren't getting the info, then they can't do anything with it.

I have zero idea why they would suddenly stop getting the information.

It has worked very well for 5 years, so it's not a new process. It worked and now it doesn't. No idea why. I don't know whose end it is on -- the oscommerce side (maybe the server) or the authorize.net side.

What should I be asking the authorize.net rep?

I'm confused about how you know the order is being authorized and not captured if the order never makes it to authorize.net? If the order never gets there, then authorize.net can't help you. If the order is getting there (showing up in your account at authorize.net), then their tech support should be able to tell you what the problem is.

Assuming it never gets there, the module may be stuck in test mode. Parts of modules are stored in the database and those database entries can become corrupted. So you should uninstall and install the module again. Then edit it and enter in your login details. Since you have changed the key, be very sure you are using the new one or it won't work. Also be sure both modes are set to live, as mentioned previously.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons