• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mass SPAM email attack

WebMinx

The other day someone hacked into the site and sent 501 emails through catalog/admin

Possible Scripts:

catalog/admin/customers.php

catalog/admin/mail.php

catalog/admin/orders.php

I have read through some of the posts here but I'm really confused as to which is the CORRECT way to fix this whole. I tried one "fix" and it did not work.

If someone could please post the absolute correct fix here or the link to the fix. That would be GREAT!

Does osCommerce come out with any offical patches?

Does osCommerce come out with any offical patches?

haven't seen it, by you can protect your self, simply I wouldn't describe here as I don't want that my clients systems be hacked.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Possible Scripts:

catalog/admin/customers.php

catalog/admin/mail.php

catalog/admin/orders.php

this issue only on the latest version of oscommerce 2.2RC, as the older version which is protected by .htaccess, no one can't hack.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Have you applied the security detailed here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-site

Regarding this specific issue a number of people have come up with code snippits for this, try this one first, its a link to Java Roasters post in that thread on 20th August smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived