• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

Robert, any chance you would port this over to ZenCart? Somebody already ported Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs, but I cannot bring myself to go near that beast. I really like your mods - they are all simple installs and bullet-proof. I manage another store in ZenCart but don't know how well this would work with it. It seems like it would be pretty straight forward - they have a page of port notes here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Developers_-_Porting_modules_from_osC

Thanks for all your great work!

We have the Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro and we have also set this SEO_ENABLED setting to true [it is the default one]. Our website URLs are SEO URLs. But this feeder is not generating SEO URLs. It used to generate SEO URLs with Chemo's Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution.

Dear Mr. Rob,

After googlefeeder.php [your version] is called, "Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro" is re-installing the db with default settings each time. That is the reason this feeder is not generating SEO URLs after the first time. Please let us know as to how to disable this auto re-installation of db settings.

Thanks,

Lakshmanan

• 3 weeks later...

I just received this error. I cannot access the USU5 configuration page within admin (500 sever error), but I can access all other admin pages without a problem. The store side is broken and generates the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in /users/MYDOMAIN.com/htdocs/store/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 308

How do I get my store working again? If I have a "too many user connections error" with the database, would this create the error? My store is currently dead. Help!

After doing a complete restore of the store and the database (and waiting until the max connected users cleared, I was able to access the USU5 configuration screen again. I turned off the caching, then disabled USU5. The store worked again! I then enabled USU5 (leaving cache off) and the store worked - FOR A FEW MINUTES and then went back to the error I posted previously. I went back to configuration and disabled USU5 and the store came back, but now the USU5 configuration page is not operable again. I just uploaded the USU5 distribution files again, in case one of them was corrupted, but that hasn't made a difference.

I'm really at a quandary because this is a great mod and had been working flawlessly for several months (and was heavily indexed by Google, BTW), but it seems to have gone belly-up and I don't know how to fix it at this point. Please help!

Hello!

I have shop on oscommerce 2.3.1.

I've installed Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO ( r205 ) - latest version. Everything works fine.

But I have one concern. I turn on performance reporting. This are my results on page with 32 products :

Standard URI produced: 1065

SEO URI produced: 160

Query Count: 0

Queries Saved: 160

Cache load time: 0.0030 seconds ( includes gzinflate/base64_decode/unserialize )

Data loaded from cache: true ( Cache System: Sqlite_Cache_Module )

Total query time: 0 seconds

Cache system is On

I think standard url produced value is strange.

On standard urls list I see that each link is 4 times duplicated, for example:

../products_new.php?action=buy_now&products_id=88

I think that this script produced 3 redundant urls for every product page.

Is this efficient?

View PostManniman, on 21 September 2010, 16:26, said:

Same thing happens when I come from a categories listing (such as DVD/Action) and select a manufacturer (Warner) from the list box above.

I can replicate this and have logged the bug. Will look into it.

Any progress so far with this bug? I'm having a very similar problem. If I select a manufacturer and then attempt to use the "show" drop-down box to show only one product type for that manufacturer, the link takes me back to the main index page. The same thing happens if I am in a category listing and then select a manufacturer from the "show" drop-down box.

Thanks!

Love this mod, thanks so much for creating it Robert!

I have a quick question about using the USU5 .htaccess code alongside some unrelated code for canonical URLs (removing the "www" from everything). Right now this is what I have:

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine On

# Canonical URL
 RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mywebsite\.com [NC]
 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://mywebsite.com/$1 [R=301]

RewriteBase / 
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Articles contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-au-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Information pages
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Links contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Newsdesk contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php [NC,L,QSA]
</IfModule>

Is this valid code? (Canonical URL bit in the right place with correct flags, won't mess up USU5 in any way?)

It seems to be working fine so far, but I'm in over my head here so I have any number of vague worries. :) Thanks!

Edited by PureBlissBathCo

What is the file usu_cache.db-journal and why does it show up in my \cache_system\sqlite folder? It has zero-length and zero permissions(!) but when it shows up, my store breaks with this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in /users/MYDOMAIN.com/htdocs/store/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 308

I wrote about this problem before and in the meantime discovered that this file is what breaks the store (I delete it and everything works again) but I still haven't heard from anybody here about what is the source of this problem. I really cannot allow it to keep happening as it breaks my store.

Any help?

Hello Everyone

Thanks for taking time to read this,

I have been using this add on and the KissMT_1.0_r72_RC for while however over last couple of days I have been having major issues trying to install and get the realex payment add on to work, now I am no programmer, but having tried so many different things I was wondering if the issue I am having could be due to me using this add on. if it is then is there anyway of adding an exception to make a call back url work properly the issue is: I have asked this question is the KissMT_1.0_r72_RC support form too, and also in seperate post altogether, but no one seems to have an answer.

I am having alot of issues trying to install the realex redirect add on. Currently in TEST MODE

I downloaded the module from the site,

Follwoed the instructions,

The before_process.php file should be uploaded to the merchants shop (in the same directory as checkout_process.php)

Which is same as index.php so this is where I put that file.

I am using version

Type: OsCommerce 2.2 RC2a

instructions ask to choose and then rename file to realex.php

Install realexmsoscms3 if you are running OSCommerce 2.2 MileStone 3.

Install realexmsoscms2 if you are running OSCommerce 2.2 MileStone 2.

So in the download I renamed the file called

Install realexmsoscms3 if you are running OSCommerce 2.2 MileStone 3

Ok, I edited this file with merchant id and shared secret, when into admin for oscommerce enable the module and added the merchant id and shared secret

I have the module setup as far as I can see. With the files uploaded according to the locations in the download folder.

1. As far as I am awre the return url to provide realex with it http://www.mydomain....ore_process.php

is this correct?

2. Now I am able to go through checkout using test card numbers but get message after card has been accepted and processed

Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you.!

3.If I try and open the before_process.php file using full url in the browser

I see this error on screen.

Realex error

Hashes dont match - response not authenticated

4. Realex provided me with a log

here is parts of it

''_protocol'' => ''HTTP/1.1'',

''_content'' => ''<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<html><head>

<title>406 Not Acceptable</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Not Acceptable</h1>

<p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource /before_process.php could not be found on this server.</p>

<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found

error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>

Realex say that their servers can not connect to your response URL, can you please ensure that this is set up correctly.

Please can someone explain where things are going wrong as this is the second whole day been stuck with this.

If anyone is using ocomemerce and realex redirect add on please get in touch.

Kind Regards

Hello Everyone

Thanks for taking time to read this,

Try turning off the W3C settings in USU5 but please don't ask for support of other contributions in this support thread.

Hi Robert

Thank you for your reply,

I already asked realex section, and also the people who uploaded the add ons, almost all of them have not been on for years.

I ended up creating 3 posts as I didn't know what can be causing this issue I am using both

KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags

and this Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

So posted in both - im very sorry if I have unintentionally annoyed you or anyone else - sincere apologies

I tired your suggestions but still getting the same error.

As the log indicates the file can not be found when it is accessible in browser, thought this add on may be redirecting it or something - i am just clutching at straws having spent last 2 days trying numerous things, to get it to complete the order successfully.

Once again thank you for the suggestion and sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

• 1 month later...

hi,

i got a question: after resetted manually the cache of kissMT and Seo Url5 i don't know why google removed the links of all my products website of www.lastchaostore.com ... i mean if i type " last chaos store" or "lastchaostore" all is ok , but if i'm looking for a product like " pillola magica platino pet " nothing will be displayed on google , and i remember that i was on first page at first position...

any solution?

about " Set the number of days to store the cache. " on kissMT what u will suggest me?

Hello i'm using USUS5 pro but cannot use it in multilanguage mode because i cannot change some configuration on my server (external hosting)

I've noticed that i get a 301 redirect (in non multilanguage mode) on pages in other languages, for example:

http://www.example.com/catalog/product-name-p-10.html (english) redirects 301 to http://www.example.com/catalog/nome-prodotto-p-10.html (italian default language).

The reason is this code in /catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/validator.php

//  If the incoming uri and the newly created uri do not match then we need to 301 redirect to the new.
     if ( Usu_Main::i()->getVar( 'request_compare_in' ) != Usu_Main::i()->getVar( 'request_compare_new' ) ) {
       $this->redirect( $new_url );
     }
   } // end method

if i disable it, I get 200 status code for all the pages in english, but if someone type a invalid url as for example http://www.example.com/catalog/no-p-10.html the scripts does not redirect and return 200 status code and duplicate content.

Can someone help me to chenge the code above to return 200 status code on pages in other languages without lost the useful 301 redirect on duplicate content?

To explain better:

www.example.com/catalog/nome-prodotto-p-20.html (default language)

returns:

TTP/1.1 200 OK =>

Date => Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:02:06 GMT

Server => Apache/2.2

X-Powered-By => PHP/5.3.6

Expires => Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control => no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma => no-cache

Vary => Accept-Encoding

Connection => close

Content-Type => text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

www.example.com/catalog/product-name-p-20.html (english)

returns:

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently =>

Date => Mon, 08 Aug 2011 08:59:13 GMT

Server => Apache/2.2

X-Powered-By => PHP/5.3.6

Expires => Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control => no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma => no-cache

Set-Cookie => osCsid=qjn1mpd1jpn41ugsr9e6b5tkg6; path=/catalog/; domain=www.nagrit.com

Location => www.example.com/catalog/nome-prodotto-p-20.html?osCsid=qjn1mpd1jpn41ugsr9e6b5

Vary => Accept-Encoding

Connection => close

Content-Type => text/html

The browser is not redirected it shows the right page www.example.com/catalog/product-name-p-20.html, in firebug it shows status code 200, but googlebot and the other boot will be redirected to the page in the default language.

It's possible to change this behaviour?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the add-on!

I have a question about modifying the created URLs.

If I have a product called Cool Product in a category called Things my current URL looks like this using SEO URLs:

http://example.com/things-cool-product-p-29.html'>http://example.com/things-cool-product-p-29.html

How can I make the rewrites look like this:

http://example.com/things-cool-product

• 1 month later...

Thanks a ton for this contribution. I just upgraded from an earlier version of SEO URLS. I also have Google SItemap XML installed and noticed that when I ran it all my sitemap urls were ...cPath?i-3 ... or however it does. Not actual product names or category names, just the cPath value... I just installed the included XML sitemap that comes with this contrib, and it's working fine for me, so no worries there.

My question is, I have, in application_top, my main root url link like this

<a href="<?=tep_href_link('index.php')?>">

however, so everything points to www.mydomain.com/ instead of www.mydomain.com/index.php, I had changed the above code to

<a href="<?=tep_href_link('/')?>">

Under the old SEO URLS that took me to www.mydoamin.com/. However now it wants to take me to www.mydomain.com// (double slashes). I've temporarily changed it back to 'index.php'... and I do have a rewrite in my .htaccess that sends all index.php to '/'. I'd just rather all my links point to www.mydomain.com/ any ideas? Am I overlooking something very simple?

I just upgraded from chemo;s ultimate seo 2.2d. When submitting my sitemaps in xml form to google I am getting the following error

Invalid URL

This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.

URL:

url_icon.gifhttp://

Parent tag: url

Tag: loc

Problem detected on: Oct 28, 2011

I also installed the xml sitemaps mod in the extras folder.

Any ideas? none of my links are being listed.

Here are a few lines of the xml sitemap:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<
urlset
xmlns
="
">

<
url
>

<
loc
>
</
loc
>

<
lastmod
>
2011-10-15
</
lastmod
>

<
changefreq
>
weekly
</
changefreq
>

<
priority
>
</
priority
>

</url>

<
url
>

<
loc
>
</
loc
>

<
lastmod
>
2011-10-15
</
lastmod
>

<
changefreq
>
weekly
</
changefreq
>

<
priority
>
</
priority
>

</url>

<
url
>

<
loc
>
</
loc
>

<
lastmod
>
2011-10-15
</
lastmod
>

<
changefreq
>
weekly
</
changefreq
>

<
priority
>
</
priority
>

</url>

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I install this module on osc22rc2a.

I get the following issue when I select manufature from drop-down menu, but some manufacture are correct. only 1~2 is wrong.

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to aPage_Modules::linkText() must be an array, null given, called in /html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php on line 170 and defined in /html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/page_modules.phpon line 338

Would you please help to give some suggestion?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise

Edited by sunrise99

• 1 month later...

does this work is osc 2.3?

Yes, if you install the 2.3.1 version.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed this on a brand new version of osc 2.3.1 and when I go into the admin/configuration/seo URLs 5

It gives me this error on the top of the admin panel

"Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_usu5) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.mysite/mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line1277"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Adamanto75

Edited by Adamanto75

Actually, Please ignore my last posts, this is the problem I am having.

I'm installing it on a fresh version of osc and I follow the simple instuctions to just upload the "uploads" directory and the "drop on top" directory. After I upload both of them I now can't access my admin it's giving me this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /path_to/includes/functions/general.php on line 846

It seems something is wrong with the general.php code when I overwrite this file with the original general.php but the second I upload the usu5 general.php it gives me this error.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Adamanto75

Edited by Jan Zonjee
do not post information on exact paths to file please!