• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

Hello

After rebooting server I get the following messege

Warning: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate]: data error in /xxxxx/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 45

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::merge() in /xxxx/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Products.php on line 32

Problem disapper when I reset cache.

Any Idea how to avoid this

Thank You

Hello

After rebooting server I get the following messege

Warning: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate]: data error in /xxxxx/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 45

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::merge() in /xxxx/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Products.php on line 32

Problem disapper when I reset cache.

Any Idea how to avoid this

Thank You

This is not a support topic it is a beta test.

What I am looking for is feedback on all the functionality and identification of any issues.

If you have managed to find an issue then I need to know how to replicate the problem

Robert

I would like to contribute to your beta test of USU 5 Pro if it is still underway. I am using the latest version of Chemo's contribution as modified by Jack (2.2d-10), with my own modifications to the way product urls are formed. I like the look of the new feature you advertise of multiple choice for that, and would like to experiment with it and give you feedback. So please send me the install package - unless beta testing is complete and I should wait for the full release.

Thanks

John Adye

www.abbeybook.com

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO can now be seen working here

I will have a "2 minute install" package available to testers for tomorrow .. I'm not putting it up in contributions (until it is beta tested) so if you are willing to be a tester please post here and I'll pm you a download link.

Robert

I would like to contribute to your beta test of USU 5 Pro if it is still underway. I am using the latest version of Chemo's contribution as modified by Jack (2.2d-10), with my own modifications to the way product urls are formed. I like the look of the new feature you advertise of multiple choice for that, and would like to experiment with it and give you feedback. So please send me the install package - unless beta testing is complete and I should wait for the full release.

Thanks

John Adye

www.abbeybook.com

Beta testing is still open ( sadly ).

You need to send me your email address via PM.

The beta test is taking forever as lots are downloading it but very few are feeding back.

A customer of mine wants a product filter with multi selecting manufacturers. But SEO URLs 5 does not support array HTTP GET parameters. Do anyone know a solution for this?

index.php?manufacturers[]=1&manufacturers[]=2&manufacturers[]=3

returns

index.php?manufacturers=Array

I know oscommerce also has this limitation but a one level depth array was easily fixed in tep_href_link, or if it was tep_get_all_get_parameters.

Hi Robert,

Don't sure if this topic will be soported in this forum. Anyway, I would like to tell you that I tested the STS installation on my fresh RC2 with USU 5 PRO and I found that it works ok, except the pop_up image in product pages of other languages different of the predeterminate language. I mean when I try to maximize a image I don't get the image but something like a index page with variables like:

Startseite » Katalog

$categorybox $cartbox

$manufacturerbox $specialbox

$whatsnewbox $reviewsbox

$informationbox $languagebox

$currenciesbox

it seems like STS doesn't undertand url's like

http://www.my_site.com/popup_image.php/de?pID=25

but if understand

http://www.my_site.com/popup_image.php?pID=25

etc...

Regards,

@manniman

Open up includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php

Find ..

public function gc( $file_info ) {

change to ..

public function gc( $file_info = false ) {

I did it but now I get the next error message on every page:

Fatal error: Declaration of Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc() must be compatible with that of iCache_System::gc() in /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 19

Regards,

Eduardo

I did it but now I get the next error message on every page:

Fatal error: Declaration of Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc() must be compatible with that of iCache_System::gc() in /usr/www/users/guide677/camposlorca/tiendas/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 19

Regards,

Eduardo

Yes the interface sets the contract and the other files need to adhere to it .. I'll change the cache classes,

Hi Robert,

Don't sure if this topic will be soported in this forum. Anyway, I would like to tell you that I tested the STS installation on my fresh RC2 with USU 5 PRO and I found that it works ok, except the pop_up image in product pages of other languages different of the predeterminate language. I mean when I try to maximize a image I don't get the image but something like a index page with variables like:

Startseite » Katalog

$categorybox $cartbox

$manufacturerbox $specialbox

$whatsnewbox $reviewsbox

$informationbox $languagebox

$currenciesbox

it seems like STS doesn't undertand url's like

http://www.my_site.c...e.php/de?pID=25

but if understand

http://www.my_site.c...mage.php?pID=25

etc...

Regards,

I don't support STS .. I don't use it .. would never use it .. and don't understand why others use it.

So I can't answer your question .. USU5 PRO is built for osCommerce if another contribution breaks it then perhaps it could be dealt with in the support forum for that contribution.

HI robert.

I sent you a pm awhile ago for beta testing , but didnt get a reply. i have sent you an other message today .I got some free time on hand right now and i will test it and will report back any errors..

kind regards

nafri

Hey Robert,

If you like, I'd have a go at testing this. It's very interesting, to say the least of it. And, I'd be happy to let you know what I experience.

Regards,

JF

Hello Again Robert,

First off thanks for the opportunity to explore your USU 5 Pro. It's impressive to say the least of it. So thorough you are!

I have given USU 5 Pro a good work out with a vanilla osc RC2a install. I cannot find, have not come across any issues to report.

I then installed it on a moderate to heavily modified version of osc RC2a, where I ran into some issues with a couple of ajax/jquery/jsonServices based contributions (around adding products to cart & maintaining non default language consistency).

I have still a severely modified, osc ms2.2 core updated to use register_globals off with php & mysql 5, I'd like to try it with, and see what comes of it (presently uses chemo's contribution).

I realize that I have been of little to no help with discovering anything, however, I am reporting that with extensive exploring I have discovered nothing on a vanilla RC2a, and just the issues mentioned above concerning a couple of contributions on a modified osc RC2a.

By the way, though I'm sure you already know, it all works wonderfully well together with your "KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags" contribution, which is another marvel.

Thanks much for all your efforts, and such huge contributions to this community.

Regards, with admiration (coupled with a bit of awe),

JF

P.S. I'd be delighted to report on anything further I experience, as i will continue to "muck about" with it.

P.P.S. Could you make your contributions any easier to install! =)

Hello Again Robert,

First off thanks for the opportunity to explore your USU 5 Pro. It's impressive to say the least of it. So thorough you are!

I have given USU 5 Pro a good work out with a vanilla osc RC2a install. I cannot find, have not come across any issues to report.

I then installed it on a moderate to heavily modified version of osc RC2a, where I ran into some issues with a couple of ajax/jquery/jsonServices based contributions (around adding products to cart & maintaining non default language consistency).

I have still a severely modified, osc ms2.2 core updated to use register_globals off with php & mysql 5, I'd like to try it with, and see what comes of it (presently uses chemo's contribution).

I realize that I have been of little to no help with discovering anything, however, I am reporting that with extensive exploring I have discovered nothing on a vanilla RC2a, and just the issues mentioned above concerning a couple of contributions on a modified osc RC2a.

By the way, though I'm sure you already know, it all works wonderfully well together with your "KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags" contribution, which is another marvel.

Thanks much for all your efforts, and such huge contributions to this community.

Regards, with admiration (coupled with a bit of awe),

JF

P.S. I'd be delighted to report on anything further I experience, as i will continue to "muck about" with it.

P.P.S. Could you make your contributions any easier to install! =)

Thanks for the kind comments John

Sadly there will always be issues where the tep_href_link() function is not used correctly in some contributions.

USU5 PRO expects tep_href_link( $some_valid_filename, $some_valid_querystring )

I have been testing usu5 pro with RC2.3 and can find no issues apart from XHTML validation. (I altered $parameters in USU_main and it now validates). I like the Google xml addition and it works fine. I have tried this with the enable/disable categories contrib and I get the correct results also. I would have reported back earlier but I have no issues to report.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert

Here is my report on testing your USU 5 Pro beta.

1. As instructed I installed a fresh osCommerce RC2a in an unused catalog directory on our web server (which runs our live shop in the root directory). I did the uploads in your "2 minute install" and got it all working with the sample shop - the settings on the new test database I had created auto-installed correctly.

2. To see if it would work in a live environment I deleted all the test database catalog, product & manufacturer entries and copied the db structure and entries from our live shop. This is fairly big with 26 catalogs, 4000+ products and 1000+ manufacturers. I edited each of the 8 Drop on Top files in your installation to cater for any other contributions which have modified them in our live shop. This was a fairly long process to check, but finally I got it all working, with only some display glitches.

3. So I then took courage in hand - ignoring your advice not to put the beta on a live shop - and repeated the process with our operational site (after backing up the database and all files, and temporarily disabling the site for visitors). I used the 8 Drop on Top files as modified above to work with other contributions on the test site in step 2. I had some trouble getting your database changes to auto-install, I think because the live shop is in the root directory and our "admin" directory is renamed for security reasons. After fiddling with this it finally installed OK. There was a lot of tidying up to do - but it has now been working well operationally for more than a week, with all other contributions. I particularly like the ability to modify the components of the SEO urls from admin. Now I am waiting to see how Google reacts to the newly configured urls, which I have uploaded in XML sitemaps - robots have been crawling but none yet indexed.

4. There are some important features I have not tested because I don't need them - particularly language support, reviews and attributes. The main other addons I have got it working with are: Product Extra Fields, PayPal, Header Tags SEO, Sam's Product Listing Enhancements, Sitemap SEO, All Products and Google XML SEO.

You can see it working at www.abbeybook.com - if anybody notices any faults I would much appreciate a tip-off so I can fix them.

Thank you for a very well constructed beta, which on the basis of my experience and that reported separately by John Francis, is ready to be launched as a fully operational contribution. Obviously it needs much more detailed instructions for the general user, particularly on how to modify the files which are Drop on Top in the beta, so that other contributions will operate OK.

Please continue your good work on this.

John

Beta testing is still open ( sadly ).

You need to send me your email address via PM.

The beta test is taking forever as lots are downloading it but very few are feeding back.

I have couple of questions regarding this contribution.

I have a product which I have renamed e.g

old name: wwww.mysite.com/old_product

new name: wwww.mysite.com/new_product

I do not want to redirect the old name to the new name. Currently I have Ultimate SEo by chemo installed (V 2.1d) and it does this. So when someone clicks on wwww.mysite.com/old_product, it redirects them to wwww.mysite.com/new_product - I don't want this to happen just for this product, all other products I do want the redirection.

Is this possible with this contribution?

How does 301 redirection work with this contribution? Does it store the old value in a table somewhere and does a look up and redirects to the new name or does it write to a file?

Thanks

I have also posted a PayPal Express problem some months back at

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/365940-ultimate-seo-url5-paypal-express-checkout-error/

but still got no reply from anyone. Someone pl help me.

Thanks for the kind comments John

Sadly there will always be issues where the tep_href_link() function is not used correctly in some contributions.

USU5 PRO expects tep_href_link( $some_valid_filename, $some_valid_querystring )

I have also posted a PayPal Express problem some months back at

http://forums.oscomm...checkout-error/

but still got no reply from anyone. Someone pl help me.

Nipen you have posted this in maybe 4 locations .. it is rude and unacceptable .. stop it!

Hi,

When "Add category parent to beginning of category uris?" is set to true,

It shows the category name in the url on product_info.php

When the parent category also has sub-categories, the url shows only the sub-categories name.

Wouldn't it be better to show the parent category too?

If the parent category would be in the url on the product pages, it can affect your SEO because the parent category is a main keyword.

What are your thoughts on this?

Hi,

When "Add category parent to beginning of category uris?" is set to true,

It shows the category name in the url on product_info.php

When the parent category also has sub-categories, the url shows only the sub-categories name.

Wouldn't it be better to show the parent category too?

If the parent category would be in the url on the product pages, it can affect your SEO because the parent category is a main keyword.

What are your thoughts on this?

Decided only to show the immediate parent .. some shops have deep categories and it would be ridiculous to show a chain of them.

I am currently in the process of packaging USU5 PRO for full installation to modified shops ( RC3 included ) in preparation for initial release as a contribution.

All and any bugs in the mean time gratefully received.

I will initially make the package available here for beta testers to try out following which ( and bugs found dealt with ) it will be released as a contribution.

I am currently in the process of packaging USU5 PRO for full installation to modified shops ( RC3 included ) in preparation for initial release as a contribution.

All and any bugs in the mean time gratefully received.

I will initially make the package available here for beta testers to try out following which ( and bugs found dealt with ) it will be released as a contribution.

:thumbsup: