• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

I've still some problems with my local server installation (Apache, Windows).

I always get warnings like the one below in front of the webshop-pages. And I have no idea, which module (PHP / Apache) produces these warnings and how I can switch them off.

( ! ) Warning: Missing argument 1 for Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc(), called in C:\xampp\htdocs\USU5Pro\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\main\usu5.php on line 212 and defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\USU5Pro\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\cache_system\sqlite.php on line 78

Call Stack

# Time Memory Function Location

1 0.0207 453912 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0

2 0.0475 716144 require( 'C:\xampp\htdocs\USU5Pro\includes\application_top.php' ) ..\index.php:13

3 0.6631 2560544 Usu_Main->initiate( ) ..\application_top.php:325

4 0.6631 2560656 Usu5_Bootstrap->bootStrapper( ) ..\usu5.php:69

5 1.1124 3457344 Usu5_Bootstrap->setRegistry( ) ..\bootstrap.php:50

6 1.1125 3457576 Sqlite_Cache_Module->retrieve( ) ..\bootstrap.php:391

7 1.1125 3457624 Usu_Main->extractCacheData( ) ..\sqlite.php:74

8 1.1546 3461088 Sqlite_Cache_Module->gc( ) ..\usu5.php:212

Yup sqlite needs updating to sqlite3, will post some revised code later.

This just means that you haven't added the .htaccess to shop root, it's in extras/htaccess.txt

You're right!

The system can't strip everything or the url would be nothing.

That makes sense

This is a "sanity check" system kicking in .. you can't have a product url without the product name as it wouldn't make sense.

So it is not possible at all to have a url without the product name?

I believe it was different in your previous version(s)

Nice to see that at least one person tests when they say they are going to. Much appreciated.

I appreciate even more what you have done! Very very nice coding

Looks like you are very busy this moment, as you post your solutions very fast normally. I'll keep waiting patiently. Hope you will not forget the posting.

I haven't forgotten anything .. this isn't a support topic .. it's not meant to be used on a live site.

Those who were sent the package are supposed to be beta testing .. I am waiting "patiently" for those who promised to beta test to provide reports / bugs as they test all of the available functionality.

I started this beta test on 30th November 2009 and sent out numerous packages to those who promised to beta test. It is now 16th September ( 10 months ) and I've had back virtually nothing, I can only assume a total lack of interest.

Edited by FWR Media

I haven't forgotten anything .. this isn't a support topic .. it's not meant to be used on a live site.

Those who were sent the package are supposed to be beta testing .. I am waiting "patiently" for those who promised to beta test to provide reports / bugs as they test all of the available functionality.

I started this beta test on 30th November 2009 and sent out numerous packages to those who promised to beta test. It is now 16th September ( 10 months ) and I've had back virtually nothing, I can only assume a total lack of interest.

I use your USU5 (not Pro) contribution on my live site with german and czech language. For testing USU5 Pro, I installed a local server (believe me: that was not easy for me, as I'm not a developer, and till now I have some problems with the configuration).

After setting up a fresh osCommerce, I dropt the files of your package on top and found the warnings, which I mentioned. As I never get any warnings on my running live system, I was sure there was something wrong with the settings in my local-server configuration, but I could not find the reason for these warnings.

After I posted the problem here, your answer was "Yup sqlite needs updating to sqlite3, will post some revised code later."

I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood your words (english isn't my native language). I was sure this was one of the bugs you wanted to be found by your beta testers and that's why I waited for the revised code.

So, shall I just continue testing and ignore these warnings?

I use your USU5 (not Pro) contribution on my live site with german and czech language. For testing USU5 Pro, I installed a local server (believe me: that was not easy for me, as I'm not a developer, and till now I have some problems with the configuration).

After setting up a fresh osCommerce, I dropt the files of your package on top and found the warnings, which I mentioned. As I never get any warnings on my running live system, I was sure there was something wrong with the settings in my local-server configuration, but I could not find the reason for these warnings.

After I posted the problem here, your answer was "Yup sqlite needs updating to sqlite3, will post some revised code later."

I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood your words (english isn't my native language). I was sure this was one of the bugs you wanted to be found by your beta testers and that's why I waited for the revised code.

So, shall I just continue testing and ignore these warnings?

My comment wasn't aimed at you, sorry if it seemed like it was.

Yes I appreciated the bug report and will deal with it .. for now just change the cache settings to filesystem or database until I have posted a patch please.

@manniman

Open up includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php

Find ..

public function gc( $file_info ) {

change to ..

public function gc( $file_info = false ) {

@manniman

Open up includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php

Find ..

public function gc( $file_info ) {

change to ..

public function gc( $file_info = false ) {

Thanks for your patch.

There is another warning left:

( ! ) Warning: SQLiteDatabase::query() [sqlitedatabase.query]: column cache_name is not unique in C:\xampp\htdocs\SeoProBeta\includes\modules\USU5Pro\cache_system\sqlite.php on line 66

Call Stack

1 0.2678 3437992 Usu_Main->__destruct( ) ..\usu5.php:0

2 0.2679 3437992 Sqlite_Cache_Module->store( ) ..\usu5.php:51

3 0.2683 3444704 SQLiteDatabase->query( ) ..\sqlite.php:66

Meanwhile I selected cache system mysql. The warning messages disappear.

Thanks for your patch.

There is another warning left:

( ! ) Warning: SQLiteDatabase::query() [sqlitedatabase.query]: column cache_name is not unique in C:\xampp\htdocs\SeoProBeta\includes\modules\USU5Pro\cache_system\sqlite.php on line 66

Call Stack

1 0.2678 3437992 Usu_Main->__destruct( ) ..\usu5.php:0

2 0.2679 3437992 Sqlite_Cache_Module->store( ) ..\usu5.php:51

3 0.2683 3444704 SQLiteDatabase->query( ) ..\sqlite.php:66

Meanwhile I selected cache system mysql. The warning messages disappear.

Yes it is a leftover of the last error .. delete includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/usu_cache.db

Thanks for testing Micheal and for the kind words.

The jury is still out on this one .. I'm still not convinced that redirection based on browser language will not hurt SEO.

Do not redirect based on Browser Language.

I can tell you for a fact that with the browser lang detect option in OS commerce active, it was causing Google to got all over the place.

:)

Do not redirect based on Browser Language.

I can tell you for a fact that with the browser lang detect option in OS commerce active, it was causing Google to got all over the place.

:)

Yes I have since learnt that it is simply a very bad idea. Different languages ( and therefore content ) must be delivered by seperate uris.

Yes it is a leftover of the last error .. delete includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/usu_cache.db

It works. I changed my settings to sqlite cache again.

Next thing I did, was to install czech language. As I want the osC fast search to find products indepentent of form of writing in all languages (it should find "Dětský" even if the user types "detsky" and mySQL uses like '%detsky%') I needed to change the database to use utf8_general_ci collation. This must be done, because utf-8 is the only character-set which keeps all signs for the eastern and western european languages and has good results with the "like" operator.

After that I had to modify the czech.php, german.php, english.php ... (in catalog and in admin):

// charset for web pages and emails

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

and for the connection to the database I modified the function tep_db_connect() in all database.phps:

function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

if (USE_PCONNECT == 'true') {

$$link = mysql_pconnect($server, $username, $password);

} else {

$$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);

}

if ($$link){

mysql_set_charset('utf8',$$link);

mysql_select_db($database,$$link);

}

return $$link;

}

What I'd like to know now is, if I have to care for sqlite (for the cache). But I think, it only keeps URLs which are free from special characters.

Anyway, I need you help now:

In all languages I get URLs like localhost/USU5Pro/de/hardware-c-1.html or localhost/USU5Pro/en/hardware-c-1.html

but the czech URL is only localhost/USU5Pro/hardware-c-1.html

It works. I changed my settings to sqlite cache again.

Next thing I did, was to install czech language. As I want the osC fast search to find products indepentent of form of writing in all languages (it should find "Dětský" even if the user types "detsky" and mySQL uses like '%detsky%') I needed to change the database to use utf8_general_ci collation. This must be done, because utf-8 is the only character-set which keeps all signs for the eastern and western european languages and has good results with the "like" operator.

After that I had to modify the czech.php, german.php, english.php ... (in catalog and in admin):

// charset for web pages and emails

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

and for the connection to the database I modified the function tep_db_connect() in all database.phps:

function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {

global $link;

if (USE_PCONNECT == 'true') {

$link = mysql_pconnect($server, $username, $password);

} else {

$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);

}

if ($link){

mysql_set_charset('utf8',$link);

mysql_select_db($database,$link);

}

return $link;

}

What I'd like to know now is, if I have to care for sqlite (for the cache). But I think, it only keeps URLs which are free from special characters.

Anyway, I need you help now:

In all languages I get URLs like localhost/USU5Pro/de/hardware-c-1.html or localhost/USU5Pro/en/hardware-c-1.html

I am not sure I understood all of it but I'll try to answer the bit I did ( think I did ) understand.

The default language of the site has no language marker e.g.

If English was the default the uri would be ..

mysite.com/USU5Pro/hardware-c-1.html

An additional language ( let's say es (spanish ) would therefore be ..

mysite.com/USU5Pro/es/hardware-c-1.html

I am not sure I understood all of it but I'll try to answer the bit I did ( think I did ) understand.

Sorry for my english.

The main thing is: I'm testing with UTF-8 character coding which needs up to 4 bytes per character.

As long as the character tables in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/character_conversion/*.php are also coded in UTF-8, everything looks fine till now and I get perfect URLs.

The default language of the site has no language marker e.g.

If English was the default the uri would be ..

mysite.com/USU5Pro/hardware-c-1.html

An additional language ( let's say es (spanish ) would therefore be ..

mysite.com/USU5Pro/es/hardware-c-1.html

I shouldn't have asked. After reading your answer, I remember that you have described this somewhere before.

Here is another little report:

Everything seems to work perfect, but now I found something that looks strange.

My default language is czech. When I switch the shop's language to german, everything looks fine until I have a manufacturers page like

//localhost/USU5Pro/de/microsoft-m-2.html

In this page, when I choose "Show: mice" from the select box above the product listing, the language switches back to the default language czech and I get the page //localhost/USU5Pro/microsoft-m-2.html?filter_id=9&sort=2a

Hi Robert

Can I have download link for the Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro version for a testing and play aroud?

Thanks

Hi Polak

Sure PM me your email address. You say ( testing and play around ) but as a beta test I am looking for the testing of all functionality and a report back here.

As you can see from this thread, virtually no one has bothered.( with the specific exclusion of Manniman )

Edited by FWR Media

Here is another little report:

Everything seems to work perfect, but now I found something that looks strange.

My default language is czech. When I switch the shop's language to german, everything looks fine until I have a manufacturers page like

//localhost/USU5Pro/de/microsoft-m-2.html

In this page, when I choose "Show: mice" from the select box above the product listing, the language switches back to the default language czech and I get the page //localhost/USU5Pro/microsoft-m-2.html?filter_id=9&sort=2a

Interesting .. I don't remember testing for this .. thanks for the report.

Same thing happens when I come from a categories listing (such as DVD/Action) and select a manufacturer (Warner) from the list box above.

I can replicate this and have logged the bug. Will look into it.

Hi Robert

Thank you to letting me test your contribution install was easy but when I clean my explorer and then enter web address of the testing store then click on product

dvd-movies/action for the first time I got link like ...osCommerce/index.php/dvd-filmy-c-3?osCsid=kv12qjqn6h1qlilr5mcvta8db1

not sure if the red link should be there let me know

I sending you PM with screenshot and Performance data displayed belove web page

Also I still not tested with rewrite uri format I have to first find out the htaccess I try what you have attached but no luck there.

Hi Robert

Thank you to letting me test your contribution install was easy but when I clean my explorer and then enter web address of the testing store then click on product

dvd-movies/action for the first time I got link like ...osCommerce/index.php/dvd-filmy-c-3?osCsid=kv12qjqn6h1qlilr5mcvta8db1

not sure if the red link should be there let me know

I sending you PM with screenshot and Performance data displayed belove web page

Also I still not tested with rewrite uri format I have to first find out the htaccess I try what you have attached but no luck there.

The osCsid is your configuration setup not the script.

.htaccess can be found in the downloaded package extras/htaccess.txt

Manufacturer name "AL-KO".

I know I have to set "Filter short words" = "1" if I want to see that manufacturer's name in a search engine friendly URL.

Anyway, when I set

USU5 Pro Setting "Filter short words" = "2"

USU5 Pro produces the following URLs as expected:

//localhost/USU5Pro/de/-m-3.html (german)

//localhost/USU5Pro/en/-m-3.html (english)

//localhost/USU5Pro/-m-3.html (default language czech)

The first two of them work fine, but the last one produces a HTTP 404 page-not-found-error from the server. Why??

Hi Robert,

I found something else:

When I change the value of "Manufacturers Select Size" in Admin->Configuration->Maximum Values to any other value but 1

it becomes impossible to select a manufacturer from the manufacturer's list-box in the shop.

And please allow me to repeat my last question:

The first two of them work fine, but the last one produces a HTTP 404 page-not-found-error from the server. Why??

Is the reason somewhere in the rewrite rules in htaccess?

Hi Robert

After testing form many days all looks great no errors but now I got on my home page this error

Warning: Missing argument 1 for Sqlite_Cache_Module::gc(), called in /home1/folder/public_html/folder/osCommerce/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 212 and defined in /home1/folder/public_html/folder/osCommerce/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 78

Thanks