• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro

FWR Media

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO can now be seen working here

I will have a "2 minute install" package available to testers for tomorrow .. I'm not putting it up in contributions (until it is beta tested) so if you are willing to be a tester please post here and I'll pm you a download link.

Robert,

I've followed the whole thread, it sounds great.

If you need more beta testers, count on me too.

Apache 2.2.14

MySQL 5.1.42

PHP 5.2.11

just wanted to say, i've been using this addon for about 3 months and can already see a significant difference in sales. thanks for the good work.

Edited by RyGoTypE

Hi Robert

German test.

Please also as beta tester

Tried U SEO URL 5

Like it but PRO does it better i think ( old seo url 2 is live on sites)

Testing with Seo URL 5

But better for testing now is PRO version so if you want to place me on the beta test list.

Testshop.

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

( mindsparx admin testing)

FWR HEADERTAGS testing

and more to test also connection with backend invoice/stock software ( here is some to work because of RC version also) ( normally accesing through .htacces security now with workaround plus .htacces security. contri's can break the import export easy)

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

PHP 5.2.12 (Zend: 2.2.0)

MySQL 5.0.90

After goed SEO URL and tested it with the backend then completion step by step with other contri's

To get a stable new MS2.2 ( then RC2A) shop on php 5 and mysql 5

Edited by testtshop

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody tested the rewrite function with IIS running Helicon ISAPI_rewrite?

I have Version 2.1 running on IIS in rewrite with this mod which works really well. Having loaded version 5 on my dev site everything seems fine, all the urls seem to be written correctly but it gets stuck in an endless loop. the only error reported in the PHP error log is:

PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestSite\includes\application_top.php on line 32

The path to pear is infact d:\php\pear but I could not trace what was causing this error. I assume that it was in their somwhere but got fed up of looking.

I'm going to switch our dev site over into a root directory tonight and try it again.

Also if you need to test on IIS let me know I should be able to assist we have a few IIS servers online and should be able to find space somewhere.

Cheers

Rhys

I have tested rewrites on windows platform with IQ Proxy Server and IQ Web/FTP Server. The IQ Web/FTP Server is free and the Proxy is much cheaper than Helicon. No I don't sale any of them.

Bo

You can't do it with standard USU5 only the PRO version has multi language seo ability.

Hello Robert,

And how can we get the PRO version ?

Can someone give us the packadge so we can drop it on a fresh install and start to test ?

Rgds,

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

osCommerce 2.2rc2a_tr installed. On my site as a necessity, in this address http://addons.oscomm...com/info/6302/v,22"çoklu ara birimi modülü - multi-interface module" was necessary to set up. This module seamlessly formed. Then we set up ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r141_stable, "Fatal error: Class 'DirectoryIterator' not found in / home/mediamrk/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php on line 204" We are receiving the error. In the admin section of the site all normal.

What should we do.

Regards

Hello

osCommerce 2.2rc2a_tr installed. On my site as a necessity, in this address http://addons.oscomm...com/info/6302/v,22"çoklu ara birimi modülü - multi-interface module" was necessary to set up. This module seamlessly formed. Then we set up ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r141_stable, "Fatal error: Class 'DirectoryIterator' not found in / home/mediamrk/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php on line 204" We are receiving the error. In the admin section of the site all normal.

What should we do.

Regards

This is the development topic for USU5 PRO you need the support topic for USU5

Either your server is not running PHP5.2+ or PHP has been compiled without or partially without SPL.

Edited by FWR Media

Hello Robert,

Can you tell us howto install a fresh rc2a ?

thx,

hans

Hello Robert,

Is there a solution or not ?

If not please tell us so we can search for an other solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

rgsds,

Hans

Hello Robert,

Is there a solution or not ?

If not please tell us so we can search for an other solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

rgsds,

Hans

Yes there is a solution and some have already tried it as you would have noted if you had read any of this thread instead of pestering me. I will release it again when I am good and ready and not before.

Yes there is a solution and some have already tried it as you would have noted if you had read any of this thread instead of pestering me. I will release it again when I am good and ready and not before.

Hello Robert,

I have red it and we want to test it but where can I find the link ?

You quote:

If you would like to test this for me please post here and I will pm you a download link (not adding here as a contribution until initial testing is done).

Rob

Thx,

Hans

Hello,

I have problems with USU5 and HeaderTags SEO working together.

All pages are working fine but product_info.php is'nt filling out nothing, not the Title, Description or Keywords.

When I turn off USU5, product_info.php is working fine as everything else, so it seems like something is wrong with these two addons working together.

Is there someone that have had same problem or someone that could help me fixing this annoying error?

Regards

Jogha

I installed this and when I tried to install the database the error I got is:

Installer Messages: Stage - 1
Below you will see some checks - if none are red then we are ready to install.

* At least one of the configuration values already exists!
   * Tables look good to insert.
   * No tables to alter it seems.
   * No fields to insert it seems.
   * No fields to alter it seems.

There was at least one error, we therefore cannot install.

Database name_test has not been touched.

Please check database name_test against the contribution for conflicts.

Any clue what I did wrong and how I can fix?

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

Robert,

Should I upgrade to this once it is released? If you can recall my site already has the brand name in the USU5 mod from some code changes you previously game to me. Will there be any other SEO benefit?

Thanks

Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

I'm Zoltan, we have exchanged a few emails recently. :)

We are *really* interested about the Multi Language Seo Support, so please add me in as a beta tester.

Thanks,

Zoltan

Zoltan please remove that file from your server, it is a security risk and certainly shouldn't have been posted in a public forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

as just mentioned in your email, I want to participate in the beta test of USU5 PRO.

I am very interested in the functions to handle very big shops (our shop has over 21.000 Articles by now, growing very fast) and also curious about the new functionalities in writing uri text.

Best regards

Michael

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro ( version 1.1 )

It has been a while since I last posted here, mainly because I have been busy with commercial work. Well I still am but in the meantime I have totally rewritten USU5 PRO to ensure that it will be the url rewriter of choice both now and the future.

Over the next few days I will be packaging it for those who have chosen to beta test to try out.

Please note that initially this will only be available as a "drop on top" installation.

This means you will need to install a fresh RC2a, perhaps to your local PC server then simply drop the files on top and test.

Please let me know again if you wish to beta test and if you do then please report back with some beta testing information not "yeah, seems to work!"

which is mostly what I got before.

Changelog:

Complete "top to tail" code rewrite 37 files, 10 folders and approaching 2000 lines of code.

Faster more efficient code

PHP 5.2.X/5.3.X compatible

IIS and *nix compatible

Four caching strategies: -

mysql - standard database caching

file - cache saved to files ( take pressure off of the MySQL server )

sqlite - cache saved to new sqlite database ( extremely fast, except in concurrent read/write situations )

memcached - cache saved to memcache ( probably fastest )

Far more efficient caching for huge shops ( thousands of products ):

Cache is now saved and retrieved on a "per page" basis, this way the cache never gets too large even on a huge shop.

More simple module creation:

Modules for contributions can now be created in minutes

More simple module structure:

Modules are now page based as opposed to GET key based.

This means that to create a module for my_new_page.php you create a module file named my_new_page.php.

This also means there is no conflict when different pages use the same GET key ( like popup_image.php and the CRE pages.php both using pID )

New redirect code for deleted products:

Ever deleted a product then wanted it to 301 redirect to a new product to preserve page rank?

Now you can. Albeit a simple manual system where you add the uri text to be captured into an array.

Other main features not necessarily changed from initial alpha:

True Multi language support for SEO:

Totally different links for different languages

e.g. ( with English as the default language )

English ( www.mysite.com/reebok-my-trainers-category-c-1.html )

German ( www.mysite.com/de/reebok-my-trainers-category-c-1.html )

Spanish ( www.mysite.com/es/reebok-my-trainers-category-c-1.html )

French ( www.mysite.com/fr/reebok-my-trainers-category-c-1.html )

etc

4 uri types:

standard ( www.mysite.com/index.php/reebok-my-trainers-category-c-1 )

path_standard ( www.mysite.com/index.php/reebok/my-trainers-category-c-1 )

rewrite ( www.mysite.com/reebok-my-trainers-category-c-1.html ) Traditional seo url series 2 urls ( less the "reebok" bit )

path_rewrite ( www.mysite.com/reebok/my-trainers-category-c-1.html )

Hugely flexible product uri creation:

product link text can be made up of any combination of the following and in any order you wish:

product_name

Manufacturer name

Product model

Category parent

This means there are a wopping 49 different ways to create the link text for a single product.

Complete 301 redirection:

Completes valid 301 redirection for all types of osCommerce urls protecting your page indexing.

standard osCommerce ( index.php?cPath=1 )

osCommerce experimental SEF ( index.php/cPath/1 )

usu5 standard

usu5 path_standard

usu5 rewrite

usu5 path_rewrite

Old usu series 2 by Chemo urls ( my-great-category-c-1.html )

Thanks for bearing with me as I have been slow bringing this out, also if anyone can test on an IIS server it would be appreciated as I have no access to test on one.

Hi Rob,

Please let me know again if you wish to beta test and if you do then please report back with some beta testing information not "yeah, seems to work!"

which is mostly what I got before.

I will be glad to beta test the new version, hoping I can give valuable information to make this contribution perfect.

Best regards

Michael

The new beta version is now available to download.

A warning: there are no installation instructions with it, you have to install a fresh RC2a ( ideally on your local pc server ) then simply drop the USU5 PRO files on top and test.

If interested post your intention in this development topic then send me a pm with your email address, I'll email back the link to download. If you have already posted then just a pm with your email is fine.

If you pm'd me before I am clearing my pms so will probably have lost it.

The point of this exercise is to get valuable feedback so please only test if you are willing to go through all the functionality and feed back your thoughts/bugs/suggestions.

Thanks for beta testing Michael have sent the link.

Would be great to check out the new beta.

Thanks!

PM me your email then please and I'll send a link to the package.

Well I found a bug in the new beta test files, it's a redirect loop ( now solved ) but I'm not telling you testers you'll just have to find it :P