• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review Love Denver Colorado™

This icon was designed to become a seminal image for a region of the country brimming with pride about the Colorado way of life. Love Denver Colorado™, an online merchandizing and licensing venture, provides a visual way for the Colorado demographic to show their love for breathtaking outdoor experiences, their sports teams, and Denver’s ascent as a Midwestern Mecca for cosmopolitan, urban life.

http://www.lovedenvercolorado.com

Looks like a nice design/template.

Let down by the quality of the product images.

No contact info, so I don't know who/where you are located.

Shipping /returns policy?

Privacy statement?

Extra / in /includes/configure.php ( hover over a few links to see //index.php....

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what a great site. You can really tell it was designed by a professional web designer and not a web developer. Nice way to use the OSCommerce tool. Nice layout and design Nice color choices and that logo is very clever. The product descriptions are beautifully written, but my favorite are your product illustrations. So nice to see something different than little product shots on white backgrounds; or a mismatch of products and backgrounds taken at different places, supplied by many sources. The product shots have a Colorado flavor with an urban storefront look and feel. Very smart package.

Nice layout of navigation. A smart user interface. Very easy to know where you are in the site. All the different views, languages and currencies give the user many, many ways to customize the user experience. Overall a wonderful online shopping experience. Love the idea and best of luck.

I have just reviewed all the pages on your website. There were no errors that I could find in the code and everything seems to work as intended. This is the best use of OSCommerce I have seen to date. Well done.

ps I couldn't resist a couple purchases from the your website. I also sent an email to Suzanne Brown from the Denver Post. She is the business editor and she is always looking for new and interesting businesses to write about.

• 1 month later...

Good looking site, but as this is not a praise forum I figured I might contribute a little.

When I click on the categories on the left bar I get "At least one of the fields in the search form must be entered" and a search prompt. I am no OSC pro, but I think it is suppose to bring up some actual product from that category.

Product looks promising, but looks like since you just started you only have a few things loaded. As a customer I would think you were too small and move on.

The asthetics of the site are great due mainly to the pictures, but I think the product fonts are off...note this is about personal preference.

I would decrease the size of the price font. Also, I would make sure to use the same font as used in the picture above to create some continuity for the site. Too many fonts and font sizes throws things off. Same thinks with the buttons, I think the fonts should be the same and if one button is bold, the rest should be bold.

geoffreywalton mentioned a good thing. Not many people buy without a returns policy or other terms and conditions...may be good to add.

Overall thumbs up...once you get more product and that categories thing fixed.

Most of the feedback is probably from the one who posted the site... only 1 post and the same join date... :lol:

The site is just a slightly changed Algozone template site. :P

• 1 month later...

Nick, this section is "Feedback on My Store", not "How to Add Cute Smiley Faces to Posts". Honestly, I don't see how laughing at folks who have work hard with OSCommerce helps the cause. No my cause ... not your cause ... and certainly not the products cause. If you are not qualified to make a professional comment ... take it down the road.

Don't fret though Nick, your smiley faces are very, very cute. Really ... cute ... cute ... CUTE!

Eric Baird

Owner - lovedenvercolorado.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

This is my first time on the site, and I'm certainly no guru at this sort of thing, but wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I'm a frequent shopper with regard to the Internet, so I know when a site works and when it doesn't, and Love Denver Colorado certainly wouldn't scare me away if I was in the market for the items being sold. Here's my brief analysis: nice use of space, doesn't feel cluttered (like so many sites), fun and outdoorsy (just like the city and I should know, as I live here!), witty copy (I know that stuff too, as I've been a copywriter for a couple decades now, but I digress...) and quite easy to navigate. So yeah, I'd shop here in a heartbeat. If I could add one minor criticism, it'd be that when I used the Quick Search (putting in common words like "shirt," "glass" and "hat," it would tell me that no products were found, so not sure what's up with that, as I think people look for products in that manner).

That's all. And by the way, there's no other brand like this that I know of (i.e., touting Denver, Colo.) so I think that, depending on the success of marketing efforts, this could be a big hit. I wish it was my idea :)

bj

This icon was designed to become a seminal image for a region of the country brimming with pride about the Colorado way of life. Love Denver Colorado™, an online merchandizing and licensing venture, provides a visual way for the Colorado demographic to show their love for breathtaking outdoor experiences, their sports teams, and Denver’s ascent as a Midwestern Mecca for cosmopolitan, urban life.

www.lovedenvercolorado.com

As far as templates are concerned, it looks pretty. I think the facebook style pop-ups and all a good feature but exactly are asking feedback on? From what I can see you did not design the thing yourself it is a template. There have been hundreds of people posting here asking for feedback on 'thier' store when 'their' store is a template that has been seen on other sites. By the looks of it you have not even changed the default image.

1) When Spanish and German languages are chosen the New Products and Specials buttons above the main-text area are in English

2) Your add to cart buttons are English regardless of the languages selected page.

3) Look at the state of your create account page. The whole thing is too wide, the template does not account for new classes to control the width but you could hard-code it just like some other parts of the template are hard-coded that should not be

4) There is an enormous gap between the footer bk image and the end of the page length because an invisible osc banner is there that still has a clickable hyperlink

I could go on but I think this is the bottom line, as far as templates are concerned it is probably a 7.0-7.5, it is more attractive than the usual templatemonster-esque ones but you should work on it to give it your own stamp, something defining and something unique.

I hope you did not pay too much for it.

I wish you success

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

This is my first time on the site, and I'm certainly no guru at this sort of thing, but wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I'm a frequent shopper with regard to the Internet, so I know when a site works and when it doesn't, and Love Denver Colorado certainly wouldn't scare me away if I was in the market for the items being sold. Here's my brief analysis: nice use of space, doesn't feel cluttered (like so many sites), fun and outdoorsy (just like the city and I should know, as I live here!), witty copy (I know that stuff too, as I've been a copywriter for a couple decades now, but I digress...) and quite easy to navigate. So yeah, I'd shop here in a heartbeat. If I could add one minor criticism, it'd be that when I used the Quick Search (putting in common words like "shirt," "glass" and "hat," it would tell me that no products were found, so not sure what's up with that, as I think people look for products in that manner).

That's all. And by the way, there's no other brand like this that I know of (i.e., touting Denver, Colo.) so I think that, depending on the success of marketing efforts, this could be a big hit. I wish it was my idea :)

bj

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I did overlook the search feature when designing and developing the site and I'm glad you brought it to my attention. I have fixed the code and it is now very user friendly. Thanks for noticing the copy, we worked hard on coming up with product descriptions that informed as well as entertained. Customers like them very much. Company sales have really grown over the last quarter and we are now in 32 Colorado stores. We will be expanding our award-winning website to include dozens more products by the end of the year. So stop by again real soon. Thanks again, Eric.

I just started with osCommerce and your topic really helped. I love what you did with the "pop-in" windows. I like the way the fade in and out and aren't considered a "pop-up", which a lot of browsers block. I was wondering who are you using for your merchant to process your credit cards? Also would you recommend PayPal too or just the merchant cards? Thanks for your help. Great site!

• 5 weeks later...

Nice looking site!

Is this osCommerce 2.2 or 3.0? Are there modules out there for that much ajax addition?

Thanks, it was a lot of work to design and execute, about 3 months. I'm using 2.2.RC.2a version of osCommerce. I'm not sure what you are asking about with the "ajax addition" - sorry.

Best of luck.

I just started with osCommerce and your topic really helped. I love what you did with the "pop-in" windows. I like the way the fade in and out and aren't considered a "pop-up", which a lot of browsers block. I was wondering who are you using for your merchant to process your credit cards? Also would you recommend PayPal too or just the merchant cards? Thanks for your help. Great site!

Thank you. The pop-ins took a bit of work, but were so worth it. Yes, the fades are much less harsh than a pup up. More sophisticated, I think. As far as your merchant question goes, it is a choir of companies: iPayment, Authorize.net and American Express. iPayment has had rate increases every month for the last few months. I was paying 30 something, no it's 130 something per month. Authorize.net is 20 and AX is 7.95. I did some looking into iPayment to see what was going on and they have an "F" rating with the BBB and authorize,net has a "D" rating. Theyboth have 100s of complaints filed against them. With all kinds of judgements pending against them. I had enough. I have 2 e-commerce ventures and was costing way too much. So I dropped all of them and just use PayPal and Google Checkout now. it's much more fair and reasonable because you only pay when people by from you. That makes a lot more sense to me. There is a PayPal Pro which allows you to accept credit cards along with PayPal, but I think it's $40/mo.

I don't know what you will be selling, but to me, if you aren't selling 1000s of dollars worth of merchandise every month, it's just not worth going with these merchant companies. Especially ones with such poor BBB ratings.

My 2 cents anyway. Best of luck.

Archived