• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN v2.2 NOT updating stock or sending emails

rob0362

PLEASE HELP.

I have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a with Paypal IPNv2.2 and the payments work fine but my three main issues are

1.) the stock is not being updated

2.) The emails with the orders are not being sent

and

3.) the status of the order is not being changed it is as if the they are not calling the IPN.php file.

I and a moderate coder and have above average tech skills but this was working great until I have to reinstall software a week ago and since then out of 30 order 3 have worked right

Please anysuggestion will be helpful

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So how do you "check to make sure" that the IPN is being received?

Where would we look?

I am sure that for a veteran OSC developer this is an easy question, but for those o fus budding developers... it's a toughie.

I also have the same problem.

The problem started when I transferred my site to the new server having PHP version 5.2.6. Not sure what is going on. I changed it back to the test mode and still facing the same problem.

In my ipn.php, I tried to uncomment the script below:

/*
function debugWriteFile($str,$mode="a") {
   $fp = @fopen("ipn.txt",$mode);  @flock($fp, LOCK_EX); @fwrite($fp,$str); @flock($fp, LOCK_UN); @fclose($fp);
 }

$postString = ''; foreach($_POST as $key => $val) $postString .= $key.' = '.$val."\n";
 if($postString != '') {
   debugWriteFile($postString,"w+");
 }
*/

Then, I uploaded ipn.txt on the root directory as define in the script.

I tried another order, then the order info write to ipn.txt file. But I didn't receive any email from my order.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by raygun

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

PLEASE HELP.

I have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a with Paypal IPNv2.2 and the payments work fine but my three main issues are

1.) the stock is not being updated

2.) The emails with the orders are not being sent

and

3.) the status of the order is not being changed it is as if the they are not calling the IPN.php file.

I and a moderate coder and have above average tech skills but this was working great until I have to reinstall software a week ago and since then out of 30 order 3 have worked right

Please anysuggestion will be helpful

Thanks

Also having this issue. If anyone can direct me to a helpful thread, I would appreciate it. LW

Edited by lcwk86