• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Daily Specials

Jack_mcs

Hi there,

Need some help please.

My OSC: osCommerce 2.3.4 on xampp with MySQL 5.5.32  + PHP 5.5.6 

I have copied the daily_specials_install.php into my root shop directory. When I execute the file, I get this error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where customers_group_id in(1,1)' at line 24

CREATE TABLE daily_specials ( unique_id int NOT NULL auto_increment, special_name varchar (64) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, page_type TINYINT (4) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, page_text TEXT NOT NULL default '', popup_text TEXT NOT NULL default '', alt_text varchar (128) NOT NULL default '', image varchar(64) NOT NULL default '', categories text NOT NULL default '', pages text NOT NULL default '', products_list text NOT NULL default '', condition1 varchar(32) NOT NULL default '0', condition2 varchar(32) NOT NULL default '0', condition3 varchar(32) NOT NULL default '0', coupon_amount varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', date_start datetime NOT NULL, date_stop datetime NOT NULL, recur_days varchar (3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, recur_mode TINYINT (1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, test_mode TINYINT (1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, use_css TINYINT (1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, language_id int(11) NOT NULL default '1', index idx_unique_id (unique_id) ) where customers_group_id in(1,1)

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help?

Thanks Amigoo

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an invalid install file since it doesn't contain customers_group_id. Use the one from the addon and it should work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I just download that package and searched the database file for "customers_group_id" but it isn't in there so I don't know what to tell you. Something is corrupted on your end but I've no way to identify it from here. That field is usually part of the SPPC addon so maybe you've made some change for it. But if you search through the complete Daily Specials package, you won't find mention of that field so the problem isn't with his addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I installed this addon on my test site.

I have latest oscommerce installed - 2.3.4.

If I understand right, the problem is in header.php becouse if I follow daily special's installation instructions and add that code in header.php then in product pages doesnt work photo gallery and in product pages (product_info.php) and in other pages doesnt work UI buttons.

How I can resolve that problem. I see addon is great!

@@gvv I have it installed in a 2.3.4 shop here and it works fine so I don't know what it might be. You can try using the included header.php file to see if that makes a difference. Or, if it can't be used due to other changes in your shop, use a compare program like WinMerge to compare yours to it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...

Been testing this for a while now.

I notice that if you do not go to your shopping cart, going straight to checkout the daily special will not add the discount.

Anyone same issue and got it resolved?

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

I just tried it here and you are correct. I wasn't aware of that problem and don't have a fix for it off the top of my head. You can enable the show cart option to get around it for now. I'll get this fixed though it won't be anytime soon, most likely.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 years later...

That's a mistake. The file existed prior to version 1.6 but was replaced with a php file to make applying the changes easier. Use the daily_specials_install.php in database directory as you mention.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, shore said:

The author has reserved space. It is not recommended to install during business.

Did you mean to ask a question?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons