• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Feedmachine Solution

lech

'name' was used in the old Feedmachine because at the very beginning using database field names was the main intention, but of course there are different types of output so 'output' is better.

Did you manage to get to the bottom of the problem with categories? I forgot that that part of the code generates category paths and that is almost certainly where the problem lies. Does your store have a very large category tree?

Your a champ, that works! I believe that I'm using the schema that came in the latest Feedmachine? I cannot be sure.

I threw a php function in there as well to fancy it up, strtoupper()

'name' was used in the old Feedmachine because at the very beginning using database field names was the main intention, but of course there are different types of output so 'output' is better.

Did you manage to get to the bottom of the problem with categories? I forgot that that part of the code generates category paths and that is almost certainly where the problem lies. Does your store have a very large category tree?

Yeah, good many subcats mainly. The problem was there were 4 rogue categories that did not have a matching description or parent, so the category_path function was looping and only stopped once it hit the timeout. Deleted those 4 categories using phpmyadmin and all is well now. Still have no idea how they got there :)

There is no update planned at the moment.

Did you manage to install and configure your copy successfully?

In case there is any confusion, by 'old Feedmachine' I am referring to an older contribution originally posted a few years ago. "The Feedmachine Solution" replaced it recently (November 2009).

Is there comming now a new update of the Feedmachine?

There is no update planned at the moment.

Did you manage to install and configure your copy successfully?

In case there is any confusion, by 'old Feedmachine' I am referring to an older contribution originally posted a few years ago. "The Feedmachine Solution" replaced it recently (November 2009).

I have installed it and it's going ok

Perhaps a loop of parents (A is child of B is child of A). Anyway glad you got it sorted.

Yeah, good many subcats mainly. The problem was there were 4 rogue categories that did not have a matching description or parent, so the category_path function was looping and only stopped once it hit the timeout. Deleted those 4 categories using phpmyadmin and all is well now. Still have no idea how they got there :)

Hi Lech,

Would really appreciate some help and tried to PM you but system is not letting me do so!

Many thanks

Clarry

Hi Clare,

Sorry I didn't get back to you before.

There is probably a function in your store code that generates the correct image url. If you need help send me a PM.

All the best,

Lech

im new to this oscommerce and contribute. i just installed and ran the feedmachine for my google, Please HELP HELP... you can email me at [email protected].

Thank you in advance !!!!

languages array built

currencies array built

taxes array built

countries array built

categories array built

number of products: 24028

number of cycles: 9

feed configurations checked... output begun.

cycle: 1

products array built

1054 - Unknown column 'po.language_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT *

FROM products_attributes pa LEFT JOIN products_options po ON pa.options_id = po.products_options_id

LEFT JOIN products_options_values pov ON pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id AND po.language_id = pov.language_id

WHERE pa.products_id BETWEEN 4 AND 3485

[TEP STOP]

• 3 weeks later...

I have just added this cont to my site and it works great but i have a couple of issues i am trying to resolve the product price i have tried updating it myself but with no luck i am using QPBPP and the price i am trying to have in my product feed is p.products_price8 or products_price8 but i just dont know where to put this.

The second is i am using power seo urls but the url thats being feed is like this http://www.website.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=55 is there anyway i can adjust this?

Thank for any help

Andy

Have you tried modifying the feed configuration file?

Instead of

'price'            =>   array('output' => 'FINAL_PRICE',
                                                                    'type' => 'KEYWORD'
                                                                   ),

try

'price'            =>   array('output' => 'products_price8',
                                                                    'type' => 'DB'
                                                                   ),

I haven't used power seo urls before, but it would seem it doesn't use the standard osc link function (which Feedmachine uses). You can get Feedmachine to use power seo urls via a user function if necessary. If you would like me to help you out, send me a pm.

I have just added this cont to my site and it works great but i have a couple of issues i am trying to resolve the product price i have tried updating it myself but with no luck i am using QPBPP and the price i am trying to have in my product feed is p.products_price8 or products_price8 but i just dont know where to put this.

The second is i am using power seo urls but the url thats being feed is like this http://www.website.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=55 is there anyway i can adjust this?

Thank for any help

Andy

Yes! Set up an include record function. Something along the lines of:

function FM_UF_jww_margin_check($product) {
 return [code TO DETERMINE MARGIN] > [THRESHOLD MARGIN AMOUNT];
}

and set this as the 'include_record_function' of the CSE feed configurations.

If you need any help, send me a PM.

Does this contribution currently feature a method of selecting which products to output?

The only problem that I encounter with CSEs is that they only seem viable to use for high margin products

Hi Lech,

I have been using your contrib for a month now and I keep getting encoding problems. In particular this affects the following characters:

— – ’ ™ “ ”

Unless I manually remove them from each products description, the products will not be uploaded to Google base

Any tips?

Best regards,

Robert

I'm not too sure about those occasional encoding problems with Google. The stock Google feed configuration encodes the feed in UTF-8, which should in theory be a safe bet, but you can try turning this off by setting 'encoding' to false. To be honest, when I tried this it didn't help.

What will work though, providing you know all the offending characters, is to apply a filter in the feed configuration to the product description field. See the end google-simple feed configuration file where filters are explained. You will probably want something like:

'filters' => array('patterns' => array('#—–’™“”#i'),
                                                       'replacements' => array(''))

You can also do individual replacements by having multiple entries in the patterns and replacements arrays.

Hi Lech,

I have been using your contrib for a month now and I keep getting encoding problems. In particular this affects the following characters:

— – ’ ™ “ ”

Unless I manually remove them from each products description, the products will not be uploaded to Google base

Any tips?

Best regards,

Robert

That worked brilliantly Thank you lech.

Next small issues price is showing 8.4500 should be 8.45 any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Have you tried modifying the feed configuration file?

Instead of

'price'            =>   array('output' => 'FINAL_PRICE',
                                                                    'type' => 'KEYWORD'
                                                                   ),

try

'price'            =>   array('output' => 'products_price8',
                                                                    'type' => 'DB'
                                                                   ),

I haven't used power seo urls before, but it would seem it doesn't use the standard osc link function (which Feedmachine uses). You can get Feedmachine to use power seo urls via a user function if necessary. If you would like me to help you out, send me a pm.

I have everything installed but when I try to generate the feeds, I get this error.

In Firefox:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

In Safari:

Safari can’t open the page “catalog/admin/feedmachine_auto.php?force_update=1”. The error was: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi! Thanks for the contribution. Seems to be working fine until I disable a category using the contribution DISABLE/ENABLE CATEGORIES at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6462 . Have you run into this and is there a way for me to ignore the categories I have disabled.? Thanks in advance for all of your efforts. BR, Tony...

Tony Mazz

I was having this problem and found somewhat of a fix. Google does a lousy job of detecting the content encoding, but if you log into your Google Base account and tell it that the feed encoding is UTF-8 rather than having it autodetect, the majority of problems disappear.

I'm not too sure about those occasional encoding problems with Google. The stock Google feed configuration encodes the feed in UTF-8, which should in theory be a safe bet, but you can try turning this off by setting 'encoding' to false. To be honest, when I tried this it didn't help.

What will work though, providing you know all the offending characters, is to apply a filter in the feed configuration to the product description field. See the end google-simple feed configuration file where filters are explained. You will probably want something like:

'filters' => array('patterns' => array('#—–’™“”#i'),
                                                       'replacements' => array(''))

You can also do individual replacements by having multiple entries in the patterns and replacements arrays.

Hey,

That shouldn't actually matter.

But if it does you can create a user function that uses the PHP function number_format, something like (untested):

function FM_UF_ac_round_price($product) {
 return number_format($product['products_price8'], 2, '.', '');
}

That worked brilliantly Thank you lech.

Next small issues price is showing 8.4500 should be 8.45 any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

That's pretty weird but it shouldn't matter. Are the feeds being generated?

I have everything installed but when I try to generate the feeds, I get this error.

In Firefox:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

In Safari:

Safari can’t open the page “catalog/admin/feedmachine_auto.php?force_update=1”. The error was: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

What happens when you disable a category? Is the problem just that the category is included in the feed? If so you can write an include function that excludes disabled categories. If you need any help, pm me.

Hi! Thanks for the contribution. Seems to be working fine until I disable a category using the contribution DISABLE/ENABLE CATEGORIES at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6462 . Have you run into this and is there a way for me to ignore the categories I have disabled.? Thanks in advance for all of your efforts. BR, Tony...

Thanks for the tip Speedie. Hope it helps people.

I was having this problem and found somewhat of a fix. Google does a lousy job of detecting the content encoding, but if you log into your Google Base account and tell it that the feed encoding is UTF-8 rather than having it autodetect, the majority of problems disappear.