• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Feedmachine Solution

lech

Feedmachine pulls the image name from the products_image field in the database. Not sure how your modification gets the image name.

Not sure how technical you are, but what *I* would do is look at my product_info.php file, do a search for the image mod you have and figure out how to get the image query from there to work in the feedmachine.php file in admin/. Either way, I find it quite strange that the URL in the feed has that random looking stuff as the image name.

Edited by frankc420

hii im very newbi.

i ha dinstall this feed

when i push generate , there sukses

Google Product Search Simple Configuration

------------

update status: feed updated as part of a force update

upload trigger status: feed upload not triggered because feed upload is disabled

upload status: feed was not uploaded(0)

now, i need explain..

why not upload? and how must tod do?

and how to use this feed? must sign on google? or just we left on my web?

hii im very newbi.

i ha dinstall this feed

when i push generate , there sukses

Google Product Search Simple Configuration

------------

update status: feed updated as part of a force update

upload trigger status: feed upload not triggered because feed upload is disabled

upload status: feed was not uploaded(0)

now, i need explain..

why not upload? and how must tod do?

and how to use this feed? must sign on google? or just we left on my web?

If the contribution was installed correctly, you should be able to go into admin and flag the FTP field to yes, then fill in the information for the ftp site (which google provides). If you have not signed up for the account on google yet, the link is here: http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/products/submit.html

Hope that helps!

I apologise - in that case no. I assumed the relevant database structure was the same for CRE Loaded.

am getting this error then:

cycle: 1

products array built

1054 - Unknown column 'po.language_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT *

FROM products_attributes pa LEFT JOIN products_options po ON pa.options_id = po.products_options_id

LEFT JOIN products_options_values pov ON pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id AND po.language_id = pov.language_id

WHERE pa.products_id BETWEEN 11 AND 375

TEP_DB_ERRORR

Just a note to say I have just uploaded version 5.02 which fixes the FTP On/Off selection bug* in Feedmachine Admin. (*Changing the On/Off flag worked, but it did not display the current selection when loading Feedmachine Admin.)

Hi Frank,

Do you have access to your server's configuration? If you do then try to increase the memory limit in PHP.

Unfortunately the problem appears to be occurring as early as when the categories are being loaded.

After doing a good bit of pondering, I figured it had to be crashing out because of all of the products we have. So, I installed a default OSC store and installed the feedmachine solution, it successfully generated 27 products. So, this brings me to my next question, how can we get this to work with larger stores?

Thanks, Frank

Hi Frank,

Do you have access to your server's configuration? If you do then try to increase the memory limit in PHP.

Unfortunately the problem appears to be occurring as early as when the categories are being loaded.

I've increased it to over a gig, no different unfortunately.

Have you tried restarting your server/services, upgrading php and mysql?

I don't think this is inherently a fault with Feedmachine, which has been used to generate feeds with tens of thousands of products.

I've increased it to over a gig, no different unfortunately.

Have you tried restarting your server/services, upgrading php and mysql?

I don't think this is inherently a fault with Feedmachine, which has been used to generate feeds with tens of thousands of products.

Yeah, I just downloaded the latest release of php and compiled it standalone. Running the script from command line right now, been running for about 3 minutes, before it would crap out at about 1 minute, so far so good? :)

Would it be possible, if this works, to have the admin section run a system command to do the generate instead of using the apache php version? I know I'm asking for alot.

You can create a cron job or run directly in the shell using the feedmachine_auto.php command stated in Feedmachine Admin.

Script ran for 2400 seconds and timed out, increased to 10000 and running again. That's 45 minutes at 2400 seconds!

Sorry but does the rest of your store work? It's just that Feedmachine doesn't dependent on the register globals set-up.

Hello,

I've just installed this on oscommerce 2.2 and i'm getting this error message when I try and generate an upload feed:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

However, when i enable register_globals the entire site falls over with a http:500 server error.

Please could you advise on how to get around this?

Thanks,

Kamal

I commented out the categories array area and the script ran clean, but I'm sure I'm missing some information in the output file. Any ideas what might be causing this area to freeze? I can execute the query that it uses to pull the categories through phpmyadmin and the query returns results.

Edited by frankc420

Is there any way to include the manufacturer name and product name in the same field?

Example: Manufacturer is Zeagle - Product is RAPID DIVER - Would insert Zeagle Rapid Diver as the title?

I tried putting in my own function to do this, but everything I try to call it, I get an error, even if I enable the test function that is included with the default google-simple.

--Frank

Hi Frank,

What kind of error do you get?

Try the following if it is different to your existing function.

function FM_UF_fc_manufacturer_and_product($product) {
 return $product['manufacturers_name'] . ' ' . $product['products_name'];
}

Let me know if it works.

All the best,

Lech

This was my function:

function FM_UF_fc_fulltitle($product) {

return $product['manufacturers_name'] . " " . $product['products_name'];

}

Here is what I put to define it (it is the last one):

'title' => array('name' => 'FM_UF_fc_fulltitle',

'type' => 'FUNCTION'

)

Here is the error I get:

PHP Warning: call_user_func_array(): First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '' was given in /home/*snip*/domains/*snip*/public_html/catalog/admin/feedmachine.php on line 507

And to make life easy on you, 507 in feedmachine.php is:

$output_field_value = call_user_func_array($function, $params);

I tried using your function as well, same error as above. I'm defining the function in the template, I hope that is the right location?

Hi there,

anyone got any ideas how I can get this to work!

Thanks

Clarry

Feedmachine pulls the image name from the products_image field in the database. Not sure how your modification gets the image name.

Not sure how technical you are, but what *I* would do is look at my product_info.php file, do a search for the image mod you have and figure out how to get the image query from there to work in the feedmachine.php file in admin/. Either way, I find it quite strange that the URL in the feed has that random looking stuff as the image name.

Hi there,

anyone got any ideas how I can get this to work!

Thanks

Clarry

If you know how to use phpmyadmin and your host has it, login to it and look in your products table, see which field holds the actual image name. I'm guessing products_image is not the right field in your installation. Once you find the right field name, you should be able to change it to the right name in the template and it work as expected.

Thanks Frank - am in phpmyadmin at the moment but can't for the life of me figure out which field has the images in - can only see one that says extra images. Think it may be a trial and error job!

If you know how to use phpmyadmin and your host has it, login to it and look in your products table, see which field holds the actual image name. I'm guessing products_image is not the right field in your installation. Once you find the right field name, you should be able to change it to the right name in the template and it work as expected.

That's strange - it's working ok for me.

Can you replace the 'FUNCTION' case on line 505 with

case 'FUNCTION':
             print_r($db_field);
             $params = explode('|', $db_field['output']);
             print_r($params);
             $function = $params[0];
             unset($params[0]);
             $params[0] = &$product;
             ksort($params);
             $output_field_value = call_user_func_array($function, $params);
             exit();
             break;

and let me know what you get.

This was my function:

Here is the error I get:

I tried using your function as well, same error as above. I'm defining the function in the template, I hope that is the right location?

Just saw the problem! You're using the old Feedmachine schema - in the feed configuration you should have

'output' => 'FM_UF_...',

not

'name' => 'FM_UF_...',

This was my function:

Here is the error I get:

Hi Clare,

Sorry I didn't get back to you before.

There is probably a function in your store code that generates the correct image url. If you need help send me a PM.

All the best,

Lech

Thanks Frank - am in phpmyadmin at the moment but can't for the life of me figure out which field has the images in - can only see one that says extra images. Think it may be a trial and error job!

On the phpmyadmin you can browse your database tables to see what field values are like.

Just saw the problem! You're using the old Feedmachine schema - in the feed configuration you should have

'output' => 'FM_UF_...',

not

'name' => 'FM_UF_...',

Your a champ, that works! I believe that I'm using the schema that came in the latest Feedmachine? I cannot be sure.

I threw a php function in there as well to fancy it up, strtoupper()