• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order number

KJ666

Anyone know of an addon that will change the order number too this kinda format:

ABC-123456789

A few letter and some numbers i found this but it from 2004 and ms2 verion i have rc2a/

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2499

I seen some more on the add on page but there all very long numbers with the date and time, i just want some letters and some numbers.

Anyone know of an addon that will change the order number too this kinda format:

ABC-123456789

A few letter and some numbers i found this but it from 2004 and ms2 verion i have rc2a/

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2499

I seen some more on the add on page but there all very long numbers with the date and time, i just want some letters and some numbers.

I am using that mod, scrambled order number, on 2 sites. My new RC2a site does not have it, but all the ms2 add ons I like have been compatible with RC2a. I just did not feel the need for scrambled number on the new one.

That mod can be a little tricky getting the code to change the order number in your payment module, but if I figured it out, I am sure most others can. The other thing is make sure you edit the customers history page. That code was not changed in the version I installed. So when a customer looks up their previous orders, they still see the original OSc order number.

If you like this one, make your backups and install it. If it doesn't work, upload your backups.

Tim

I guess if there was another mod that did it, someone would probably have mentioned it by now, and if you couldn't find one by searching in the contributions section either, it probably doesn't exist yet apart from the mod you found. If it is supposed to do it but has problems, how about trying to fix them and upload the updated contribution!

Otherwise perhaps the ones 'with very long numbers and the date and time' can be modified more easily than making a broken contribution work, to make a shorter number and not use the date and time.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Archived