• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce admin tool

mcousens

Where is the backend of the osCommerce admin tool? I don't know how to access it? All I see is the default store.

Thanks I found it and successfully uploaded STS and a custom template. It all works! What a fantastic system. I get it now. Am looking for a module for customers to only digitally download my product. I don't see anything in shipping or in payment modules to do this. Do you have any idea?

search the addons for whatever you need additional to the basic functions

I loaded an image into the catalogue, enabled downloading from configure and then through product attributes enabled the image to be downloaded but not download by re-direct. Got Paypal working and tested it in the sandbox. When redirected back to merchant, there's no link for the customer to download the image they purchased.

I loaded an image into the catalogue, enabled downloading from configure and then through product attributes enabled the image to be downloaded but not download by re-direct. Got Paypal working and tested it in the sandbox. When redirected back to merchant, there's no link for the customer to download the image they purchased.

I guess I need a module for digital download. Would super download shop be a good module?

I guess I need a module for digital download. Would super download shop be a good module?

Good question. I downloaded Super Download Shop and all I got was Super_Download_Shop_v1.1.tar, which unzipped to reveal a directory called Super_Download_Shop_v1.1.tar, which contained a FILE called, umm, Super_Download_Shop_v1.1.tar. It is like holding a mirror up to another mirror. All you get is an infinite series of duplicate images. Did I miss something?

Good question. I downloaded Super Download Shop and all I got was Super_Download_Shop_v1.1.tar, which unzipped to reveal a directory called Super_Download_Shop_v1.1.tar, which contained a FILE called, umm, Super_Download_Shop_v1.1.tar. It is like holding a mirror up to another mirror. All you get is an infinite series of duplicate images. Did I miss something?

You must have done, and Super Download Shop is a very good addon for handling downloadable products. It has its own support thread if you are having problems installing/using it.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

You must have done, and Super Download Shop is a very good addon for handling downloadable products. It has its own support thread if you are having problems installing/using it.

I am told that instructions and a few other files are included, but not in the file I downloaded. Anyway, I figured out how to get my downloads to work, but can't figure out how to prevent customer from downloading before payment is confirmed.

I suppose this means I must email the file to the customer after I have confirmed payment, which means I need to DISABLE the download feature. Bummah!

P.S. Did I mention that I never did install Super Download Shop? Apparently I didn't need it in the first place unless it might solve the pproblem listed above

Edited by ifs

I am told that instructions and a few other files are included, but not in the file I downloaded. Anyway, I figured out how to get my downloads to work, but can't figure out how to prevent customer from downloading before payment is confirmed.

I suppose this means I must email the file to the customer after I have confirmed payment, which means I need to DISABLE the download feature. Bummah!

P.S. Did I mention that I never did install Super Download Shop? Apparently I didn't need it in the first place unless it might solve the pproblem listed above

SDS offers additional functionality to the built-in module. Even the built-in module though does allow the customer to download the product only after payment. You should not need to email the product to the customer - in which case of course it is not a download so calling it one would be meaningless. Probably you have an order status set that allows downloads before confirmation of payment. Downloads should not be allowed except at a payment confirmed status.

For instructions on using the built-in feature, see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/236224-oscommerce-download-feature

Edit: Oh, now I see you found your way to that thread and commented about setting the pending order status to allow downloads. You don't want that if the reason for 'pending' is that payment hasn't been confirmed. If you want a customer to have instant access to their downloads only after payment is confirmed you will have to use payment methods that can be instantly confirmed. Otherwise don't let them have instant access to their downloads by setting the order status for a module at a status that doesn't allow downloads. They will then have access to their downloads through their account when you change the order status to one allowing downloads after you have confirmed the payment.

Edited by Ben Nevis

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

OK, I think I can follow what you just said (that is SO scary!), and I should be able to get that part right.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

It is so nice meeting people who are nice to dummies.