• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Modification Request

So I have installed this contribution "Ultimate SEO URLs" and I am impressed. I think this is a useful contribution. There is one thing that bothers me about it. Currently, it seems like it removes spaces. I would like spaces to be replaced with dashes (-'s) "-". I do not know how to do this so I was wondering if someone else could take a look at it for me.

Examples of current URLs...

Current Parent Category URL looks like:

domain.com/dvdmovies-c-3.html

Current Parent/Child Category URL looks like:

domain.com/dvdmoviesaction-c-3_10.html

Current Product URL looks like:

domain.com/dvd-movies-action-thereplacementkillers-p-4.html

What I am looking for...

Parent Category URL:

domain.com/dvd-movies-c-3.html

Parent/Child Category URL:

domain.com/dvd-movies-action-c-3_10.html

Product URL:

domain.com/dvd-movies-action-the-replacement-killers-p-4.html

I included all the information about the contribution below.

Contribution

Ultimate SEO URLs

Category: Other

URL: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823/download,26127

Version: Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5

Date: 2 Oct 2009

Description:

#################################

NOTE: Versions 2.1d and later of this contribution contained works under the "Open Public License" which is not compatible with the GNU General Public License and therefor had to be removed. Please check that further additions to this contribution package are LEGAL and are released under the GNU General Public License.

#################################

I am proud to announce the release of Ultimate SEO URLs for osCommerce-MS2.

This contribution builds on the cName & pName code to give an even more flexible, search engine friendly, and cross server compatible SEO URLs.

Once installed, Ultimate SEO URLs will give the store owner the choice of the v1.X style cName or new v2.X style static HTML file. This setting is incorporated into the admin control panel so can be toggled on, off, cName, or Rewrite at will.

This contribution will work for any store on any server. It is compatible with not only *NIX based servers but also Windows/IIS servers (although IIS is limited to cName).

In addition, this contribution is compatible with all other contributions by me including Page Cache (directions included in install package).

This release supports multiple languages, unlimited nested categories, and duplicates with ease.