• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping

fasterisbest

Hi,

I just installed MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping. I see I can enable multiple country zones but I can't add different zones within a country zone.

For instance, the company is based in Toronto, if the customer orders from Alberta they should have a different rate than some one who orders from Ontario. Is there anyway to set this up?

Thanks very much.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any ideas?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You can easily add a zone for each province...I'm in Canada and set my site up that way. Where exactly are you stuck?

Dan

You can easily add a zone for each province...I'm in Canada and set my site up that way. Where exactly are you stuck?

Dan

Hey Dan,

I seem to be able to only have a table for the US and Canada. How do I go about creating shipping tables for each province?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Hey Dan,

I seem to be able to only have a table for the US and Canada. How do I go about creating shipping tables for each province?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

They are set up under the tax zone area in the Administration module...go under locations/taxes and set up the zones you need. Be sure to name them "Shp: Whatever" so they don't get confused with the tax zones....you'll see the two zones that you currently have set up when you go into locations/taxes. Have a look at those and you'll see how it's done. If you have any other questions just ask.

Dan

They are set up under the tax zone area in the Administration module...go under locations/taxes and set up the zones you need. Be sure to name them "Shp: Whatever" so they don't get confused with the tax zones....you'll see the two zones that you currently have set up when you go into locations/taxes. Have a look at those and you'll see how it's done. If you have any other questions just ask.

Dan

Hey Dan,

I'm sort of confused here. I have set up taxes so that different taxes are applied to different provinces, however, can I set up a table rate shipping method for each province using the way you suggest?

I need shipping cost to vary based on weight and province.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Jamie

Hey Dan,

I'm sort of confused here. I have set up taxes so that different taxes are applied to different provinces, however, can I set up a table rate shipping method for each province using the way you suggest?

I need shipping cost to vary based on weight and province.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Jamie

Yes....and that is the reason for the prefix "Shp:" to keep it separate. The author of MTMZ just used the tax zone function to set up the tables rather than set up a separate method to create the shipping zones. Try one...if it doesn't work the way you want (but it will) you can always delete it.

Dan

Under what heading/link do I build the shipping tables?

Thanks for all your help.

I'm not exactly sure I understand what your asking but if you mean what section do you need access under the Administration module it's...

Locations/Taxes and then Tax Zones.

If I've misunderstood your question please write back.

Dan

Hey Dan,

OK, I'm trying really hard to figure this out. I'll explain it to you as I understand it.

1. I go into exactly "Locations / Taxes" > "Tax Zones".

2. There I create as many new folders as I would like shipping zones. Such as SHP:ONT, SHP:BC, SHP:QC, SHP:USA-FLA, SHP:USA-CA, etc.

3. I then open those folders, one by one, and choose the the correct country and zone. NOTE: If I would like to add several states/provinces to one shipping zone I might call the sipping zone "SHP:USA-CA,UT,NV and then "insert" those zones within that folder. Correct?

4. Now, this is where I am stuck. I don't know where to go from here. Do I now navigate to "modules > shipping"? When I get there, if this is correct, in what module do I configure the shipping tables?

For example, MultiGeoZone MultiTable, Table Rate or Zone Rates.

I will need to have a different table for each province where the shipping cost changes based on weight.

Thanks in advance for all your help. Once I get this sorted I'm going to write up a document detailing the process. I'm sure many people would like to see it.

~Jamie

Hey Dan,

OK, I'm trying really hard to figure this out. I'll explain it to you as I understand it.

1. I go into exactly "Locations / Taxes" > "Tax Zones".

2. There I create as many new folders as I would like shipping zones. Such as SHP:ONT, SHP:BC, SHP:QC, SHP:USA-FLA, SHP:USA-CA, etc.

3. I then open those folders, one by one, and choose the the correct country and zone. NOTE: If I would like to add several states/provinces to one shipping zone I might call the sipping zone "SHP:USA-CA,UT,NV and then "insert" those zones within that folder. Correct?

4. Now, this is where I am stuck. I don't know where to go from here. Do I now navigate to "modules > shipping"? When I get there, if this is correct, in what module do I configure the shipping tables?

For example, MultiGeoZone MultiTable, Table Rate or Zone Rates.

I will need to have a different table for each province where the shipping cost changes based on weight.

Thanks in advance for all your help. Once I get this sorted I'm going to write up a document detailing the process. I'm sure many people would like to see it.

~Jamie

That's the basic idea. Those zones are referred to as GeoZones as opposed to Tax Zones. Once you set up the number of GeoZones that you need and configure them for the various provinces and states that you want, you then need to uninstall MultiGeoZone MultiTable module so you can setup the number of GeoZones and Tables for the module to use from Admin -> Configuration -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping.

The term tables can be thought of as the number of shipping methods you use. For example I ship via Canada Post and Fedex so I have 2 tables and I have set up 9 GeoZones. 5 Canadian Zones, 3 for the US and 1 for the rest of the world. MultiGeoZone MultiTable comes configured for 3 GeoZones and 3 Tables so I needed to reconfigure it for 9 GeoZones and 2 Tables but I decided I wanted the ability to add another Shipping Method in the future so I uninstalled MultiGeoZone MultiTable, configured it for 9 GeoZones and 3 Tables. After you do that you then need to reinstall the module.

Once you get this sorted out you can then define the various shipping costs for the different GeoZones and Tables that you set up. You do this in Admin -> Modules -> Shipping -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable. Have a look at section 4 in the installation manual for details on how that is done. Once you get the hang of how this works its really very simple. Let me know if you have any further problems.

Dan

Hey Dan,

Where do I find the installation manual?

Is there a specific one for MZMT?

Thanks again for your help.

Jamie

It's included with the download for MZMT....have a look at the install.html and readme.html files....dan

Hey Dan,

I found the HTML help. I guess I downloaded one of the updates that didn't include the html help/set up file. I'm going to give it a go this weekend. I should be able to figure it out now. Thanks again for your help.

~Jamie

Hey Dan,

Thanks again for your help. It is pretty straight forward. My problem was that I did not have the sql file installed therefore I didn't have any configuration.

~Jamie

You're welcome...I'm glad you were able to get it working...dan

• 1 month later...

i have installed this addon as have many other people and i am confused hwoever not about anything that has been mentioned thus far.

The default is to have 3 geo zones with 3 shipping tables.

So here is the scenario

I ship to Australia, USA and the rest of the world

that means i need 3 geo zones...why would i need 3 shipping tables in each zone?

also what is the

"Geo Zone 1 Handling Fee"

also with the coding

for 1kg it cost $10 and for 2kg it cost $15 and 3 it costs $20 4kg is $40

that would look like

1:10,2:15,3:20,4:40

there are a few issues here and any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Ilan

• 1 month later...

i have installed this addon as have many other people and i am confused hwoever not about anything that has been mentioned thus far.

The default is to have 3 geo zones with 3 shipping tables.

So here is the scenario

I ship to Australia, USA and the rest of the world

that means i need 3 geo zones...why would i need 3 shipping tables in each zone?

also what is the

"Geo Zone 1 Handling Fee"

also with the coding

for 1kg it cost $10 and for 2kg it cost $15 and 3 it costs $20 4kg is $40

that would look like

1:10,2:15,3:20,4:40

there are a few issues here and any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Ilan

Still looking for some answers?

J

• 1 month later...

OK, when I enable multi zone shipping I can t select a delivery method in the cart.

Normally when you click continue in the cart it brings up the payment method options. When geozone is activated clicking continue does nothing.

Do you have any idea as to what might be wrong?

OK, when I enable multi zone shipping I can t select a delivery method in the cart.

Normally when you click continue in the cart it brings up the payment method options. When geozone is activated clicking continue does nothing.

Do you have any idea as to what might be wrong?

OK, Ive got it, I needed to sort out the zones/countries properly.

I have added the php pages and used the included sql files to create the new tables in the database but there is no Admin -> Configuration -> MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping to configure

However, the module is in modules -> shipping

I appear to have missed something along the line but I can not see what it is... any ideas greatly received.

Thanks

Najm

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help Dan. I d/l'd what seems to be the latest version and the readme file did not contain setup instructions. This thread has been priceless.

I am trying to set up 4 zones that will each include several US states and then one zone that will only include two counties for free local delivery. I hope this contribution will make all of that work.

J

I can see how to set up the Tax Zones w/ the SHP: prefix but I have a question. I can add a Zone called Fairfield County and then I can include it in a Tax Zone, but how is that referenced at checkout time? Does it appear on a drop-down anywhere? maybe in the list of States?

Also, I don't know what "Import SQL file `_install_sql/INSTALL_v1.000.sql` to your DB" means. I guess that's done w/ PHPMyAdmin but don't I need to know which table to import this to or does it create its own table?

Thanks