• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Scrolling Customer Testimonials

Richard Cranium

This is the support forum for the Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.0.

I originally posted this under the Customer Testimonials v3 mod, but decided there are so many big changes that this should probably be a separate contribution.

*** NOTE: Please PM me or post in this thread and PM me to let me know you have a question. I am not an OSC expert, but I'll do my best to help you out, time permitting. ***

If you have comments or concerns, bug fixes to my code, or suggestions for improving it please let me know. :)

Version 1.0 contains the following features:

•  
  • Built on Customer Testimonials v3 code base (specfically rev 5.0/5.1)
  • Added reCaptcha functions (from OSC reCaptcha 1.4.4 by olsonsp4c)
  • Customer's emails protected from harvesting by spam bots
  • Captcha image verification on testimonial submittals
  • Moved admin functions to dedicated Configuration menu
  • Emails to admin now come from admin mail address. Prevents spam collection and need for verification of email address.
  • ReCaptcha admin functions (set public / private keys) have a separate admin area. Why? ReCaptcha code can be used elsewhere on your website. Its use is not limited to Customer Testimonials.
  • CT InfoBox now only appears on non-SSL pages. This prevents a problem where the user could receive a SSL warning from their Web browser that not all of the elements on the page were secure. It also removes the CT box from parts of your store where it is not needed, such as the Checkout process and Account pages.
  • New admin functions:
    • Enable/Disable Customer Testimonials module ("kill switch")
    • Enable/Disable customer image uploads as part of testimonials
    • Turn on/off users ability to email authors
    • Enable/Disable reCaptcha to protect testimonial author email address from harvesting
    • Limit Testimonial viewing to registered users
    • Limit Testimonial writing to registered users
    • Enable/Disable reCaptcha function on testimonial forms
    • Option for static or new scrolling testimonials feature
    • Various settings to control scrolling features
    • Switch on/off reCaptcha form verification (anti-spam bot)

[*]Localized testimonials. Testimonials now appear in user’s language. Only see what matches your language. What good are testimonials if your customer can’t read them?

[*]Added new language support:

• French
    • German
    • Portuguese

Hi Richard,

i've installed your contribution and always seems to work.

except two little things:

1. every testimonial is written in the database with language_id =1 (english)

But my shop has default lang_id=2 (german)

2. the function "send an email to the author" don't work either with or without recapcha

can you please help me with this issues?

Thank you, nice contrib

Hi Richard,

i've installed your contribution and always seems to work.

except two little things:

[snip]

2. the function "send an email to the author" don't work either with or without recapcha

Thanks for your comments. Darn.. you are correct. I just tested the INTL function and it's not working properly. Looks like I forgot to re-test that and the reCaptcha mail routine after some last minute adjustments. My bad. :(

I'll work on that ASAP and get back to you on the forums. Thank you for bringing that to my attention and sorry about that! :(

Harry,

I'm working on v1.1 to fix a few bug fixes that I've uncovered thanks to you. :)

In the meantime (should only take me a day or two to post rev 1.1), to fix your issue #1 above do the following.

In <STORE DIRECTORY>\customer_testimonials_write.php

FIND (lines 94-100)

if (!$testimonials_error) {
         $sql_data_array = array('testimonials_title' => $testimonials_title,
						  'testimonials_location' => $testimonials_location,
                                                         'testimonials_name' => $testimonials_name,
						  'testimonials_email' => $testimonials_email,
                                                         'testimonials_html_text' => $html_text,
						  'testimonial_image' => $testimonial_image_name);

REPLACE WITH

/*** Begin Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.1 ***/
$languages_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where directory = '" . $language . "'");
$language_id = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query);

if (!$testimonials_error) {
         $sql_data_array = array('testimonials_title' => $testimonials_title,
			  'testimonials_location' => $testimonials_location,
                                 'testimonials_name' => $testimonials_name,
			  'testimonials_email' => $testimonials_email,
                                 'testimonials_html_text' => $html_text,
			  'testimonial_image' => $testimonial_image_name,
			  'language_id' => $language_id['languages_id']);
/*** End Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.1 ***/

David

Here's another bug fix... until I get v1.1 rolled out. One line of code to change to solve problem where if there are zero testimonials available in the customer's language, the "write a testimonial" box is displayed twice.

1. Open includes\boxes\customer_testimonials.php

2. Remove line 52:

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

Harry,

I'm working on v1.1 to fix a few bug fixes that I've uncovered thanks to you. :)

In the meantime (should only take me a day or two to post rev 1.1), to fix your issue #1 above do the following.

Thank you David, the catalog front end works now as expected. But on admin side when i insert a new testimonial, it's the same.

I've changed the sql_data_array as you mentioned above and it works.

Many thanks

Here's another bug fix... until I get v1.1 rolled out. One line of code to change to solve problem where if there are zero testimonials available in the customer's language, the "write a testimonial" box is displayed twice.

1. Open includes\boxes\customer_testimonials.php

2. Remove line 52:

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

Thank you, i had already changed that line.

in includes/modules/customer_testimonials.php i 've got some problems with "grafical borders" i' solved it by adding 1 line / 5 times

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

find

// start modification for reCaptcha
   $info_box_contents = array();
   $email_prefix = TEXT_MAILTO;
if (empty($testimonial_array[$i]['location'])) {
     $info_box_contents[][] = array('align' => 'left',
                                    'params' => 'class="smallText" width="100%" valign="top"',
                                    'text' => '
									 <table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author'] . '<b>' . '<br><br>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a target="_blank" href="'. $email_prefix . $testimonial_array[$i]['email'] . '">' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list . '</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

} else {
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author']. TEXT_TESTIMONY_OF . $testimonial_array[$i]['location'] . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a target="_blank" href="'. $email_prefix . $testimonial_array[$i]['email'] . '">' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list . '
										</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

}

/*** Begin Customer Testimonials v6 ***/
} else  {  // Require user to pass ReCaptcha test before viewing author email address
$recaptcha_email = 	recaptcha_mailhide_url (RECAPTCHA_MAILHIDE_PUBLIC_KEY, RECAPTCHA_MAILHIDE_PRIVATE_KEY, $testimonial_array[$i]['email']);

//    $email_prefix = TEXT_MAILTO;
                                    'text' => '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author'] . '<b>' . '<br><br>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a href="' . $recaptcha_email . '"' . 'onclick="window.open(\'' . $recaptcha_email . '\', \'\',\'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=500,height=300\');return false;" title="Reveal this e-mail address"' . '>' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list);
} else {
                                    'text' => '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author']. TEXT_TESTIMONY_OF . $testimonial_array[$i]['location'] . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a href="' . $recaptcha_email . '"' . 'onclick="window.open(\'' . $recaptcha_email . '\', \'\',\'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=500,height=300\');return false;" title="Reveal this e-mail address"' . '>' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list);
    }
}

// end modification for reCaptcha 
} else {
// Do not show author email under any circumstance
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author'] . '<b>' . '<br><br>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonials_list . '</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

} else {
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author']. TEXT_TESTIMONY_OF . $testimonial_array[$i]['location'] . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' .  $testimonials_list . '
										</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

}
}
/*** End Customer Testimonials v6 ***/

replace

// start modification for reCaptcha
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author'] . '<b>' . '<br><br>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a target="_blank" href="'. $email_prefix . $testimonial_array[$i]['email'] . '">' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list . '</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

} else {
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author']. TEXT_TESTIMONY_OF . $testimonial_array[$i]['location'] . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a target="_blank" href="'. $email_prefix . $testimonial_array[$i]['email'] . '">' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list . '
										</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');
   }

/*** Begin Customer Testimonials v6 ***/
} else  {  // Require user to pass ReCaptcha test before viewing author email address
$recaptcha_email = 	recaptcha_mailhide_url (RECAPTCHA_MAILHIDE_PUBLIC_KEY, RECAPTCHA_MAILHIDE_PRIVATE_KEY, $testimonial_array[$i]['email']);

//    $email_prefix = TEXT_MAILTO;
                                    'text' => '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author'] . '<b>' . '<br><br>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a href="' . $recaptcha_email . '"' . 'onclick="window.open(\'' . $recaptcha_email . '\', \'\',\'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=500,height=300\');return false;" title="Reveal this e-mail address"' . '>' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list);
} else {
                                    'text' => '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author']. TEXT_TESTIMONY_OF . $testimonial_array[$i]['location'] . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . '<a href="' . $recaptcha_email . '"' . 'onclick="window.open(\'' . $recaptcha_email . '\', \'\',\'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=500,height=300\');return false;" title="Reveal this e-mail address"' . '>' . TEXT_EMAIL_AUTHOR . '</a>'. $testimonials_list);
    }
}

// end modification for reCaptcha 
} else {
// Do not show author email under any circumstance
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author'] . '<b>' . '<br><br>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonials_list . '</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

} else {
                                    'text' => '
									  <tr>
										<td class="smallText">
										<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_BY . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['author']. TEXT_TESTIMONY_OF . $testimonial_array[$i]['location'] . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_DATE_ADDED . '</b>' . tep_date_short($testimonial_array[$i]['date_added']) . '<br><br>' . '<b>' . TEXT_TESTIMONY_TITLE . '</b>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['title'] . '<br><br>' . $testimonial_array[$i]['testimonial'] . '<br><br>' .  $testimonials_list . '
										</td>
										<td class="smallText">
										' . $displayimage . '
										</td>
									  </tr>
									</table>');

}
}
/*** End Customer Testimonials v6 ***/

Thank you for your support

Harry

in includes/modules/customer_testimonials.php i 've got some problems with "grafical borders" i' solved it by adding 1 line / 5 times

Harry,

Thanks. I'll take a look at that and see if there is anything out of whack there. My site is heavily modded, so it's always a challenge to regress and get these contributions working with stock files. I probably won't have time to fix the MailHide func until tomorrow. Thanks for the additional info.

BTW, in reference to the default language problem you had, you may also want to change the default language for new testimonials. If CST cannot figure out what language a user is, it will default flagging your testimonials in the database as this language code. The default to the contribution is English, but you can change it to anything you want. If you wish to change this, first look up your languages table and find the language_id column for your preferred default. Cross reference that with your preferred language. For example, English is “1”. To edit this setting in the SQL file, change one line.

For New Installs, modify the value (i.e., ‘1’) in this line:

`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',

For Upgrade Installs, modify the value (i.e., ‘1’) in this line:

ALTER TABLE `customer_testimonials` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1';

Regards,

David

For New Installs, modify the value (i.e., ‘1’) in this line:

`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',

For Upgrade Installs, modify the value (i.e., ‘1’) in this line:

ALTER TABLE `customer_testimonials` ADD `language_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1';

Ok, and thank you very much.

can you please help me with this issues?

Thank you, nice contrib

I just found the bug with #2. I need to write up and verify a few other files. I discovered my test machine had some older versions of the files, which is what caused my errors in testing. Doh.

I'll post a comprehensive fix tomorrow (v1.1).

Regards,

David

Edited by Richard Cranium

Thank you, i had already changed that line.

Harry,

What is the problem you are having exactly with your "graphical borders?" I noticed you have inserted InfoBox heading commands in the code you pasted. Is this an issue related to the style (layout) of your store?

Regards,

David

Harry,

What is the problem you are having exactly with your "graphical borders?" I noticed you have inserted InfoBox heading commands in the code you pasted. Is this an issue related to the style (layout) of your store?

Regards,

David

I've just installed the contrib. Very nice piece of work. Very professionally put together ;)

My only problem is that when viewing index.php the testimonials will not display when set to scroll in the admin but they do display if set to static. Any other pages i.e. product_info.php and the scrolling works...

Any ideas? I'm a bit stumped...

Hello, Michael.

Thanks for your comments. I am a bit stumped on your problem as well. Would you mind removing any secure info and PM'ing me your index.php file so I can take a look at it?

Sounds like something is interfering with the Marquee scroll. Could be a load timing issue for example.

Regards,

David

I've just installed the contrib. Very nice piece of work. Very professionally put together ;)

My only problem is that when viewing index.php the testimonials will not display when set to scroll in the admin but they do display if set to static. Any other pages i.e. product_info.php and the scrolling works...

Any ideas? I'm a bit stumped...

Version 1.1 is almost ready. It's taken me a few extra days as I decided to add a few more features to make it easier to manage some of the options. I've also incorporated better error-checking to be sure testimonials are not created without a language being defined. And I've added an option for the admin to decide whether (in multi-language stores) your customers should see all language testimonials or just the localized content in their language. Fixed a few bugs as well. I'll try to get the update posted this weekend.

David

Hello,

i just install the last version dowloaded 2 hours ago and i have this just before the box on the index page:

Notice: Undefined variable: testimonial_titulo in C:\serveur-virtuel\wamp\www\site-essai\includes\boxes\customer_testimonials.php on line 112

I see this only when the scroling is running.

I set to 5 the numbers of messages for strat the scroling.

When i have for messages, i have no error message.

Can you help me too?

Hello Richard,

I'm also with these problems. I installed version 1.0 and then upgraded to 1.1 and everything works great, I really enjoyed this contribution and it works correct in "static", but if the admin to change "scrolling" does not appear in the testimonials Box columm.left the rest all works very well.

Can you help?

Rocha / Shazam

www.shazammagicas.com

São Paulo - Brasil

Edited by shazam_brasil

Hello,

i just install the last version dowloaded 2 hours ago and i have this just before the box on the index page:

Notice: Undefined variable: testimonial_titulo in C:\serveur-virtuel\wamp\www\site-essai\includes\boxes\customer_testimonials.php on line 112

I see this only when the scroling is running.

I set to 5 the numbers of messages for strat the scroling.

When i have for messages, i have no error message.

Can you help me too?

That seems peculiar. Do you have this line directly above that line 112?

$testimonial_titulo = $random_testimonial['testimonials_title'];

I installed version 1.0 and then upgraded to 1.1 and everything works great, I really enjoyed this contribution and it works correct in "static", but if the admin to change "scrolling" does not appear in the testimonials Box columm.left the rest all works very well.

Aaargh. Things got a bit confusing with trying to tie all the versions together. It sounds like something is not right. Let me check the code again following your install path and I'll see if I can find the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello Richard,

I'm also with these problems. I installed version 1.0 and then upgraded to 1.1 and everything works great, I really enjoyed this contribution and it works correct in "static", but if the admin to change "scrolling" does not appear in the testimonials Box columm.left the rest all works very well.

Can you help?

Rocha / Shazam

www.shazammagicas.com

São Paulo - Brasil

Rocha,

What are you using to power your scrolling images on the right side of your store? There may be a conflict between that routine and the scrolling for the testimonials.

Regards,

David

Hi Richard,

I have installed v 1.1 new install and scrolling does not work on any screens.

Am I missing something?

Kasuku

Kasuku,

Can you post an URL to your store? Do you have any other Javascript or scrolling/animation on your pages? There may be a conflict.

Other possibilities... could be you missed some files. Or could be that I missed something.

I tried to test on my test environment a few minutes ago but could not reproduce the problems some are reporting. So, I'm thinking there may be some Javascript conflicts going on perhaps. I also need to reset my test server and try a fresh install again.

Regards,

David

Rocha,

Another thing you should check are the directory names under /includes/languages. In v1.0, I mistakenly labeled the Portuguese directory as "portuguese" I corrected this in the v1.0 to 1.1 upgrade and in the v1.1 new install paths. Also, the v1.0 upgrade path from Customer Testimonials v3 (version 5.0/5.1) is correct as well. The directory should be "portugues"

If you just copied the new files over, you have some orphans in the wrong directory. This should not cause a problem if you copied all the other files, but I thought I'd mention this just in case.

Regards,

David

That seems peculiar. Do you have this line directly above that line 112?

$testimonial_titulo = $random_testimonial['testimonials_title'];

Yes sir!

I add the numbers of lines here for you.

Look:

108 // draw the text
109      	$testimonial_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents" valign="top" align="left">';  
110		$testimonial = strip_tags($random_testimonial['testimonials_html_text']);
111	        $testimonial_titulo = $random_testimonial['testimonials_title'];
112	        $testimonials_list .= '<center><b>' . $testimonial_titulo . '</center></b><br>' . (strlen($testimonial) > 100 ? substr($testimonial,0,100) . ' ...': $testimonial) . '<br /><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) .'testimonial_id=' . $random_testimonial['testimonials_id']) . '"><span><center>' . TEXT_READ_MORE . '</center></span></a><br><span><center><b> By '.$random_testimonial['testimonials_name'].'</b></center></span><br><br>';
113      $testimonials_list .= '</td></tr>';
114    	}
115    $testimonials_list .= '</table>';
116    $info_box_contents = array();
117  	$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<div id="marquee" class="marquee_hide"><MARQUEE behavior= "scroll" align= "center" direction= "'.TESTIMONIAL_SCROLL_DIR.'" height="'.TESTIMONIAL_SCROLL_HEIGHT.'" scrollamount= "2" scrolldelay= "'.TESTIMONIAL_SCROLL_DELAY.'" onmouseover=\'this.stop()\' onmouseout=\'this.start()\'>'.$testimonials_list.'</MARQUEE></div>'.$testimonial_write_link);

This is your code and i change nothing in.

(sorry for my english..)

Can you help me?

Hello Richard,

For the momment, everything work good because i add a remark before the line 109.

I wait for your instructions about this line.

I give you a good translation in French of your /includes/languages/french/customer_testimonials.php

/*

$Id: customer_testimonials.php 10/20/2008 Exp $

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Avis des clients');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE2', 'Écrivez un avis');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Avis des clients');

define('HEADING_TITLE2', 'Écrivez un avis');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_WRITE', 'Soumettez votre avis');

define('FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION', '*Information requise');

define('TEXT_NO_TESTIMONIALS', 'Il n\'y a aucun avis.');

define('TEXT_LINK_TESTIMONIALS', 'Cliquez ici pour regarder tous les avis');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_SUCCESSFUL','Merci de nous avoir envoyé votre avis. Nous lui donnerons suite sous peu.');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_INTRO', 'Nous sommes intéressés par votre avis. Pour ce faire, merci de bien vouloir remplir le formulaire ci-dessous. Nous nous réservons le droit d\'accepter ou de rejeter les avis soumis donc, votre avis peut ne pas apparaître immédiatement.</p>

<ul>

<li>Merci de <strong>faire:</strong>

<ul>

<li>Écrivez entre 50 et 300 mots pour votre donner avis</li>

<li>Commentaire en bon Français</li>

<li>Expliquez <strong>pourquoi</strong> vous nous aimez ou n\'aimez pas</li>

<li>Téléchargez <strong>une image</strong> de vous utilisant nos produits</li>

</ul>

</li>

<li>S.v.p. <strong>ne faites pas:</strong>

<ul>

<li>Ecrire en SMS, utiliser des propos obscènes, orduriers ou autre du même genre</li>

<li>Introduisez les numéros de téléphone, les adresses d\'expédition, ou les adresses internet</li>

<li>Téléchargez une image dont vous n\'avez pas les droits</li>

</ul>

</li>

</ul>');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_TITLE', 'Titre:');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_NAME', 'Votre nom:');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_EMAIL', 'E-Mail:');

define('TEXT_TESTIMONIALS_LOCATION', 'Ville:');

define('TEXT_BANNERS_HTML_TEXT', 'Ecrivez votre avis:');

define('ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_TITLE_REQUIRED', 'Un titre est exigé afin de soumettre votre avis');

define('ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_NAME_REQUIRED', 'Un nom est exigé afin de soumettre votre avis');

define('ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_EMAIL_REQUIRED', 'Un adresse mail valide est exigée afin de soumettre votre avis');

define('ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_DESCRIPTION_REQUIRED', 'Une description est exigée afin de soumettre votre avis');

This is more French than your translation.... :-)