Sign in to follow this  
valeriestw

Column Controller Problem

Okay, apparently successfully installed the Column Controller, including editing all the category pages to be able to control column widths from within Admin.

The Column Controller link does appear in the Admin, but the only choices under it are "Enable Gzip compression" and "Compression Level." Changing the variables for these has no visible effect.

More importantly, I now have no columns at all. Just the header and the page. I found another message in the forums with the same problem, but his fix didn't work for me (changing a number in the column_controller.sql file from 14 to 15).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

www.knownworldweb.com

I did run the sql statment - and I changed the value 14 to 15 and it looks fine in the database. Still, I'm getting Gzip as my column controller. :(

Okay, I have changed the values in the column_controller.sql from 14 to 15, and run it, and I've changed the value in column_controller.php from 14 to15.

Now, there are no values at all in the Column Controller section of Admin, and I still have no columns on my page.

Any suggestions, anybody? Thanks for the help.

www.knownworldweb.com

Okay, I went thru and reinstalled everything again, and again changed all the values from 14 to 15 in admin/column_controller.php and also in column_controller.sql, rerun the column_controller.sql, and I'm right back where I started.

Column Controller appears in the Admin, but it shows Enable gzip compression and Compression Level as the two values, and the store itself has no columns.

Help!!! :oops:

www.knownworldweb.com

Okay, I went thru and reinstalled everything again, and again changed all the values from 14 to 15 in admin/column_controller.php and also in column_controller.sql, rerun the column_controller.sql, and I'm right back where I started.

Column Controller appears in the Admin, but it shows Enable gzip compression and Compression Level as the two values, and the store itself has no columns.

Help!!!   :oops:

Ok... Can you post admin/column_controller.php and the relevant lines in admin/includes/application_top.php. Maybe if we look at it we can see what it looks like.

As for the store showing no values... I don't have any ideas right now, but did you just replace the column_left and column_right with the included files? If you put back your backup column files, to the columns show up again?

Mark

I have manged to get it to show by doing a global search and replace using 14 replaced with 20 on the sql file and the column_controller.php but now when I go to my store it's not showing any infoboxes at all but the columns are there. I am trying to figgure this one out.

The is a more up-to-date alternative to this contribution that sets up the an infobox admin. It is fairly easy to install but it can require some thought when adding other contributions into admin on top of it because several files are changed quite substantially.