• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My first attempt what do you think

jigga1234

- Flash Link opens in a new window - Personally I don't like this, especially as its pointing to a page in your own store.

- I'd skip the manufacturers text underneath the logos in the RH Column.

- You could do with some padding between the LH Column and the text in the main table. Note on the Sign-In Page and product info pages.

- Colour scheme changes on the buttons - note the "Add to WishList" Button is in stock osCommerce blue whereas your others are in grey.

- The layout is neat but could do with some tidying up of the graphics. Note the inadvertent border on the Product Search heading, and some overlap of pictures onto the background images gives a cluttered appearance (under New Products for November the bottom row of products). There's also a white border on the LHS that ends abruptly. Product Name & Price are larger than the surround on the product listing pages. Your images are of good quality but are set on a white background. This is normally fine, but you have them on a grey backdrop and since the height of each display cell is bigger than the image it doesn't look too great.

- Your background image could do with some adjustment. You've got it repeating both x&y. I'd take off the repeat Y as on the longer screens you come up with your mountains suddenly appearing. On the Repeat X there is a break across my screen but is not too noticeable - I have a 24" monitor which may not help here.

- You mention secure shopping, but you don't have SSL on the Create Account Page.

- I'd do more, but your webserver went awol. Maybe you want to consider hosting on a guaranteed uptime service

Hope these were constructive points. Do like the site. Good job.

t o n e u s

No easy answer I'm afraid. If you know your html and php and understand a little of how OSC is put together its relatively easy to change the default layouts to how you want them, but too much for me to put down here if you know what I mean.

t o n e u s

@ jigga

mountain-marine.com/ is great but its needs some fine tuning .

You must 1st fix tha way thw shop is viewe in chrome .

in chrome I see

header

column right column right

i mean the table is messed up

The flash did not show up in firefox but that was a problem with my browser .

On column right you might put featured products though the moving flash catches the eye (yes make the flash bannet open in the same window)

I really dont understand how the column left (<---) is working , the by type thing changed syddenly but its generally easy to navigate your site !!

You may think to increase the number of specials per page from 3 to 9 or 12 and change the pic for specials -now you have a lock.

Generally ita a great site and the design makes you want to have fun on the mountain or the sea

To be continued....

Hi Jigga

I can see you've really put a lot of work into the store, customising the layout, menus, graphic transition effects etc. To that extent, it looks quite clever. But somehow it just doesn't quite 'work' for me - this is of course purely subjective and others may feel differently. Anyway I'm an oldie so the flash effects might appeal more to a younger generation :) But what wouldn't really turn me on as a buyer of mountain goods, which I sometimes am, is that the site just looks 'too busy'. There's too much going on there - left and right column with a lot in them, two tiers of horizontal menus, some sort of transition graphics going on in the right hand side which draws my eyes away from finding and looking at things I want to look at while showing me things I don't care about and aren't even relevant to me - ski boots one second, a ladies jacket the next. You've got all the ski categories opened up down the left, then other categories (sailing, outdoors etc) running across horizontally. It befuddles my brain, which wonders why has one category of goods got such special prominence while the rest are relegated to drop down menus which seem to pull down and pop out to the side (submenus) all over the place.

You obviously do sell a lot of goods, but somehow I can't help feeling there has to be a better way of navigating them.

Well, you did ask..

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!

Continued

your best sellers tab points to featured products so you have featured products installed and you may consider putting it (featured) in column left!!

Go to admin to maximum minimum values and change the maximum number of specials to a higher value (only 3 is too few ) and product listing to 8 0r 12 , product listing expands too much and you lose the background image at the bottom.

Since you have so many products you may consider adding recently viewed option !!!

PS Change the alt value of the search image -just hover over search button to see what I mean!

Nice 404 not found page!!

Archived