• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Skincare Store Goes Live

:D Hi All after spending several months working with osCommerce this store has finally gone live. Feedback and suggestions are more than welcome as I am starting to plan for Ver 2 now that MS1 has been released.

Thanks,

Mikhail.

The links on the splash page work in IE5.5, but not in NS7 as BirdBrain mentioned. I went and had a look at the site belonging to the people who are credited in the footer with doing the design of the shop, and their site has the identical problem. I'm always one for consistency but..

Anyway, if you apply the href inside the td's instead of outside, all will be well. In IE you get the cursor icon instead of the little hand, but the link still manages to work.

The URL for the store is actually http://www.mammabambini.com/store/

I think the colours a little OTT - At first you think you are at the wrong site!!

Anyway, still got the basic layout, but at least its different, also the Times New Roman font at the top isnt any good!

And the writing on the footer bar is too LARGE!!

goes to a splash page and the links don't work in NS7.

I couldn't use the links in Opera7 as well. An imediate turn-off. Sorry to say, but I rarely use IE and when I get to a page that doesn't function properly I just think "lazy IE-specific designers" and move along.

IE is by far the most abundant browser in use, but it's still nice to comply to standards a bit and make it accessible for everyone. In my opinion, you'll defnitley want to look into it.

Oh, and if doesn't work in Netscape 7, it won't work in Mozilla 1.0 either or any gecko-based browser for that matter I would figure.

goes to a splash page and the links don't work in NS7.

I couldn't use the links in Opera7 as well. An imediate turn-off. Sorry to say, but I rarely use IE and when I get to a page that doesn't function properly I just think "lazy IE-specific designers" and move along.

Oh, and if doesn't work in Netscape 7, it won't work in Mozilla 1.0 either or any gecko-based browser for that matter I would figure.

Hi All,

thankyou for your comments, I had already been working on a new script based menu anyway, please check it out at http://www.mammabambini.com/ and let me know you experiences.

Thanks,

Mikhail.

Read the sticky post: Your shop needs to display Powered By osCommerce to be posted here.

If you do not change it we will have to remove this post :(

Thanks,

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Read the sticky post: Your shop needs to display Powered By osCommerce to be posted here.

If you do not change it we will have to remove this post :(

Thanks,

Mattice

Whoops sorry about that will fix it pronto.

Cheers,

Mikhail

I think the colours a little OTT - At first you think you are at the wrong site!!

Anyway, still got the basic layout, but at least its different, also the Times New Roman font at the top isnt any good!

And the writing on the footer bar is too LARGE!!

Hi Waza04,

I am intrigued as to your comment that you thought you where at the wrong site initially, as to the colors they are simply the company colors used in printing brochures, cards, posters etc. I take your point about the footer bar being to large, was simply done to balance the size of the top bar. The sight assumes 1024x768 which would make it seem larger at lower resolutions...will have think about that.. maybe removing it altogether.

Once again thanks all for the input.

Mikhail :wink:

Archived