• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback Please

Mort-lemur

Would love some feedback on the store, Its nothing fancy - Good points and bad points please.....

My Store

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

The standard osCommerce layout works - but it looks so boring.

Suggest:

1. new button set, get away from those blue buttons

2. remove unused, useless infoboxes (eg: tell a friend, notifications)

3. how about using some of that (large) header area for some stuff? You could easily move rapidssl, search, bookmark button to that area.

I like your inc/ex vat changer function.

I don't know if search engines would penalize you for this, but in looking at the HTML source for the main page and some others, your meta-tags are duplicated...

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi,

Thanks all.

I had noticed the duplicates myself but don't know how to remove one set.

I have Header tags SEO installed and also SEO URL's

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I was going to say that i dont like your header image, but as its very similar to mine i wont. What i would say about the header is that it either ewant to fill the width of your site, or make your site 1000 pixels wide so that the site fits the header. There are add ins to do this easily.

Do a google search for oscommerce buttons and you will find several sites that allow you to create your own buttons. Just upload the new butons to over write your old nasty blue ones.

Remove the "this product was added" text from the bottom of your product info pages. As a customer do you think i want to know that.

I would remove the counter from the footer as it shows me that you are a new store.

If you click on any category, then click on a sub category, your next screen has a grey infobox header, not green to match the rest of your site. Whilst on the green, could you make it darker to match a green in your header image.

I cany find a site map anywhere. They also help the search engines and not only the customers.

Good that you have filled your policy pages, you have ssl and you have easy to find contact details. It does still look standard oscommerce, but i see nothing wrong with that.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived