• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager?

bink

Is there a contribution that simplifies the addition of links (reciprocal) in osC? Something where others can go in and add their link manually would be good, just wondering otherwise ill write my own!

Thanks,

Kevin

The is a very simple one in the contributions section. I have added it to my site. It does not categorize the links but, you do have an admin to approve or disapprove.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Kim. You're always on the ball and so helpful.

(Off topic) I wish there was a way to more easily search contributions. Or a consistent naming convention to allow for easier scanning.

Mark

(Off topic) I wish there was a way to more easily search contributions. Or a consistent naming convention to allow for easier scanning.

Mark,

I think that is on everyone's wishlist. It will come eventually.

Thanks Kim. You're always on the ball and so helpful.

There is now a Search feature on the Contributions ... :D

Oh man! I need more coffee........I just looked through all 800+ to find that one.........What a way to start my day....... :?

Oh man! I need more coffee........I just looked through all 800+ to find that one.........What a way to start my day....... :?

LOL ... yeah that silly little search box next to the section name will get you every time ... :wink:

first link worked - others look like they work but they aren't posting to the shop - I can see them in the admin - I can add a link from the store and it posts successfully to the admin -but only the first link shows on the site.....

ideas

forgot to mention that the links are in the database - they just aren't being recognized on the site -

so to recap:

links post successfully from the store into the admin links manager

links post successfully to the database

links do NOT show on the site....

It's been a long time since I installed it.....Do you have it set to automatically post the links or do you need to activate them from the admin?

activate from the admin - but whether I enter it from the admin manually or approve it because it was submitted from the store - it won't show - and actually what I just noticed is that it only seems to be posting 1 link - I deleted the first link that I had and then the #2 link was bumped up and when I refreshed the screen it only showed that 1 link - not the other 4 listed.

Is there a min or max that I have to set somewhere?

Also, the admin approval is by default - how do I shut it off if I want to?

thanks for your quick response!

There is now a Search feature on the Contributions ... :D

There is but it doesn't seem to work too well. :roll: I just typed in - osc links - the title of the contrib I was looking for, and it brought up 40 contribs to choose from - none of which were the proper one. When I added quotes, it only brought up one - the wrong one. Oh well.

This is less of a complaint, and more of an observation.

However, I am so appreciative of all the people who are so quick to help out on this forum. Thanks. :bigups:

• 1 year later...
links post successfully from the store into the admin links manager

links post successfully to the database

links do NOT show on the site....

Solution

======

File: /CATALOG/LINKS.PHP

Replace:

'description' => substr($link['link_html_text'], 0, 250),

With:

'description' => substr($link['link_html_text'], 0, 250) . 'Web: <i>http://' . $link['link_url'],