• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Downloads Controller v5.3 with Free Ship/Pay

Ajeh

This includes the Downloads Controller v5.3 and Free Shipping and Payment Modules.

No other shipping and payment modules are changed.

If these are not turned on, then they do not effect the functionality of the programs.

Also includes a handy dandy Downloads Button to make it easier on the shopper to know where to click to get their download.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,994/page,4

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the loaded snapshot version 5, should I use your 5.3, or is the 5.2 sufficient? (the free shipping is included in the loaded, are there changes?)

debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

v5.3 is way better.

It has the proper method to use Free Shipping and Free Payment.

The Download button is included and the message that you have to wait on downloads only appears if there was a download in the order.

Be careful, as Load5 has an old version of Downloads Controller and this one is a totally new re-write to function with the new Shipping and Payment modules and work with the settings built in for the defaults on orders_status configured in the Admin.

All the settings for Downloads Controller v5.2 and v5.3 are in the Admin under the Download of the Configuration menu.

Note: All references to free_shipper and free_charger functions in the shipping files is now removed from DC v5.2 and DC v5.3

You just use the original shipping and payment modules from MS1 and the new /includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php and /includes/modules/payment/freecharger.php modules included in DC v5.2 or DC 5.3

The Admin and the Catalog can read these files just like any other module.

I have a couple tweaks to add to the modules ... nothing serious but just an overwrite of the two files when I am done, so you do not have extra settings that have no real meaning to them.

Note: All references to free_shipper and free_charger functions in the shipping files is now removed from DC v5.2 and DC v5.3

You just use the original shipping and payment modules from MS1 and the new /includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php and /includes/modules/payment/freecharger.php modules included in DC v5.2 or DC 5.3

That would be cool as the free_charger and free_shipper were conflicting with MS 1 .

That is why I re-wrote the whole thing ... :D

And, Downloads Controller is handier with the Free Shipping and Free Payment modules added on.

Now that they work more or less like any other payment and shipping module there is less chance of conflict or issues with them on or off.

If you are refering to:

$cheapest = false;

$size = sizeof($rates);

for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i++) {

if (is_array($cheapest)) {

if ($rates[$i]['cost'] < $cheapest['cost']) {

$cheapest = $rates[$i];

}

} else {

$cheapest = $rates[$i];

}

}

Check at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs...php?sortby=date

And you will find that is MS1 and your code is a little older.

theres an error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in e:inetpubwwwrootloadedincludesfunctionsdownloads_controller.php:259) in e:inetpubwwwrootloadedincludesfunctionswebmakers_added_functions.php on line 110

tep_get_configuration_key_value has been declared two times.

Once in webmakers_added_functions.php and other in downloads_controller.php

Also,

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare downloads_controller_orders_status() (previously declared in e:inetpubwwwrootloadedincludesfunctionsdownloads_controller.php:20) in e:inetpubwwwrootloadedincludesfunctionsdownloads_controller.php on line 19

The new one in Downloads Controller v5.3 was written slightly different in that it only returns a value if found.

It is being loaded by general.php via an include file.

That function is also in the webmakers_added_functions.php I would think that is in Load5.

Compare the two, see where the function is used, try using the new function and do all the old areas work?

You have to test these changes out a bit when functions are updated.

First thing I would do is a search on the tep_get_configuration_key_value and see what files are using the function.

Then load the new function and rename the old function OLD_tep_get_configuration_key_value

Now run the code and test things.

Hi

I seem to be having some peoblems with this mod: I am getting the following error. I seem to be missing some fields:

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('25', '4', now(), '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

Any clues?

Thank

Tracy

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to have free shipping on certain items that aren't actually being shipped. (they're services, not products) I'm using 2.2-MS2-CVS. Can anyone let me know if this will work>

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to have free shipping on certain items that aren't actually being shipped.  (they're services, not products)  I'm using 2.2-MS2-CVS.  Can anyone let me know if this will work>

Thanks

Free Shipping and Payments is based on Cart $Total and total weight

If you do not put weight on your products, everything will evaluate to Free

If you only put 0 weight on products that should be Free, then when ordered alone, they will produce a cart weight of 0 so Free Shipping works.

If ordered with things of weight, then they will not add weight to the cart and still be technically Free.

However, if you never use weight on your products, then the idea of a Free Shipping module would need to be redesigned to your specific needs as it cannot rely on weight as a test for Free Shipping.

Weird problem.

Not much of a problem but the FREE SHIPPING! mod doesnt seem to work with download controller.

This is what i mean.

I did a test buy for a item with no weight with the free shipping mod on but when i updated the order to "Updated" it still didnt allow me to download.

Then i turnned off the free shipping mod, did another test order, updated and there was the download avalable.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Works with or without Free Shipping module turned on for me on a fresh install on snapshot 02-25-2003

Might check your payment option settings for the orders_status.

• 4 weeks later...

The main purpose of it is for when you accept multiple forms of payment and do not want to always immediately make available a download based on the payment module used.

It also provides the ability to give things away for free or to give free shipping on products without weight when they are the only thing in the cart.

For some it is handy, others don't need it ... :D

• 3 months later...

Linda, if I just want the free shipping elements of this mod, is there a simpler installation, or do we need to install the entire mod?

I was wondering for all those who sell items which are downloads files, as if you zip it and password protect it. If yes then how some one get the password for different items. Is their a way that cart will send the password for that perticular downloaded product. :roll: