• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dealer Zip code based distance locator

hobbzilla

I am currently tackling this project. It will save me quite a bit of time if I don't merge it with osCommerce.. however, I will do so and make it a contribution if there is enough interest. To see a sample of this currenlty in action you can go to google and look through the results for "dealer zip code locator" at various implentations.

• 2 months later...

I would love to have this modification!! I am selling wireless and have limited markets. It would be great to have this so a customer can check and see if we are available in there area, and to find a store nearest them. Is this something you are still working on? Thanks!!

Boy would this be grande!!! :D :D :D

-Richard

---------------------------------------------------

Where would I be without the Forums?!?!

I'm no programmer, but would it be that much harder to implement this into OSC? I could just create an additional page specific for the "zip code checker", wrap it with OSC like I have other pages on my site. I'm not sure how you put the "dealer/store/what your trying to locate" info in but it wouldn't neccessarily have to be encorporated into the admin in OSC. Then I could link to the zip checker page from my default or wherever I want. I guess maybe you are talking about tying it into the SQL database....

Just thinking here....thanks!!! :wink:

-Richard

Hi all,

Does anyone have any news on this modification? I desperately need something like this for my website!! Thanks for any info!! :wink:

-Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hobbzilla-

I was curious if you were working on this modification? This is something I need to do :D . Does anyone have anything like this implamented on their OSC site? I would love to check it out!! Thanks!!

-Richard

• 8 months later...